Welcome to Gaia! ::

This was completely an experiment on my part, but I just bought a local deal that was supposed to credit "instantly"--and a previous purchase with that sponsor had indeed done so--but I ran into an error the first time I tried to check out, and even though it worked the second time ... no instant crediting. Went and did other things for 30 min-1 hr, still nothing. So I wasn't even sure if the TrialPay system had recognized the purchase. If it hadn't, then it would still allow me to access other offers, presumably, given that I've only run into access issues after actually completing offers. Well, I got locked out, so hopefully that means something.

I'm a little bothered by how their support system seems to no longer record offers that you've viewed but haven't completed, according to their records. How am I supposed to contact support if there isn't a link to contact support about that offer not crediting? If I were to need it, of course. ... Wait, now that I think about it, a general contact link was probably on the FAQs page the one time I went there.

EDIT: Speak of the devil, it credited not too long after this post.
Today:
3:30am - watched video
4:44am - time of PM letting me know a signing-up-for-website offer had finally credited (I remembered to pay attention this time!)
2pm - bought local deal

Okay, so we see that 9 hours is enough not to trigger the lockout (though I am still uncertain if free offers and offers you have to shell out money for are treated differently). Slowly whittling it down... Next attempt, 9pm.

EDIT: The local deal credited at 2:30 exactly, so make that 9:30 for the next attempt.

EDIT #2: The offer wall is being super laggy right now, as of 9:30pm. Wtf.

EDIT #3: It's 10:30 and I am so frustrated with this lag that I just pasted the TrialPay-specific URL for the local deal I bought earlier today into my browser and purchased another one. I've done this in the past to try to circumvent the lockout (for things like tickets where there's only one in the deal). It worked once (in terms of actually getting GCash), and didn't work another time (or two times, depending on how you look at it). It might depend on the sponsor, but I suspect it has more to do with if the offer is still listed at the time you access and purchase the deal, or some other timing-related consideration.
Today:
1am - LOCKED OUT

I am pissed because if the stupid thing had not been laggy, I could have found this out before midnight, and therefore not wasted a day. I am not sure why I am locked out, however. I have not received any GC for the 10:30 purchase, not surprisingly, so the last time I'd actually accessed TrialPay's set of offers was definitely more than 9 hours ago. You can't have it both ways, TrialPay. Either give me credit for the offer, if you regard me as having accessed it, or don't lock me out, if you don't.

EDIT: Huh, so I did get the GC despite pasting the link. I am almost certain this deal was not listed among the offers at the exact time I purchased it because this local deal site's offers almost blink into and out of existence on the wall. They seem to rotate almost every 20 min or less, which is incredibly frustrating when I'm trying to look through the list before deciding. Anyway, it just takes a lot more hours for the offer to actually credit, and despite that, the system knows that you've accessed an offer so the waiting period applies even before the offer credits. I think before, when it didn't work, that was because TrialPay itself was offline or something. (That was when the offer wall was completely blank for about a day or two with no message letting us know what was going on.) Darn. Missed out on 800 GC because I didn't know how it works. But now I know.
The lockout might be back to 2 calendar days. xp Possibly due to my tactics last time.
I tried doing one offer every half-day, which worked for a day or two, but now I'm locked out again, and I'm wondering if it really needs to be spaced out more precisely. I did an offer last night that credited around 5:30am, and then I did another offer today around 2pm that credited around maybe 2:30 or 3pm. I guess 8 hours isn't enough? Or is it that the system objects to regular offer fulfillment, I wonder.
Okay, it does seem to be back to 2 days.

Invisible Shapeshifter

I'm having the same problems, except it seems to center mostly around the free offers. The ones where you need to fork over credit card and sensitive personal info work great.
--"
Kodushomu
I'm having the same problems, except it seems to center mostly around the free offers. The ones where you need to fork over credit card and sensitive personal info work great.
--"

I'm sorry to hear that. I don't know how much of this thread you've read through, but my access problems seem to stem from not waiting a sufficient time after actually completing offers. Without that trigger, I had no such problems whatsoever. The problems I experience seem to mostly be limited to those paid offers (which I have [had] no problem with, personally, since a bunch are selling useful stuff); most of them won't work during a lockout, whereas a lot of the free offers still do. I don't think I've had a survey link crap out on me (whether I'm allowed to actually do a survey once I get redirected is another issue entirely... stare ).

As for the offers asking for personal info, you can just fib. I have a junk email that I use purely for website signups and never check. *shrug*

By the way, I love your sig!
About half a day apart on the 31st, I did two free sign-up offers, neither of which credited within a few hours (nothing seems to be crediting instantly anymore, including the things that used to). Early morning of the 1st, I bought a local deal. That credited a few hours later. An hour or three after that, the second sign-up offer credited. I didn't try to access anything else until now, when I discovered that I was locked out again. The only thing I can think of is that overlap of the offer completion/crediting stage, which is ******** dumb because why should I be forced to wait around if there's something I want, when the offers have said that they're supposed to credit instantly? It's not even like I know that my completion of the offer has registered in their system, so I might just be wasting time for all I know.
I discovered yesterday that, as far as local deals go, you are only allowed to complete two Groupon offers (or one Groupon offer twice, where applicable) before the rest of them are pulled from the list for the rest of the day. It seems to reinstate at midnight Central Time, which would make sense given that Groupon's office is apparently located in Chicago. I think I might have noticed this before, but never really paid attention until yesterday, when it actually came to matter.

Also, a 6.5-hour wait between one offer crediting and trying to access another offer seems to be sufficient. I think that's the shortest successful wait time that I've demonstrated thus far.
I think this has happened before as well. Two days of well-spaced offer completion that don't cause any issues, but then, I discover on the third day that I'm locked out again. The system really seems to be watching for both rate and numbers of offer completion.

Shirtless Exhibitionist

11,300 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
I completed the offer for the credit card, hoping to get 8000 GC.

I not only got accepted, but I've even activated my card by now.

Nope, after contacting TrialPay Support numerous times, all they have to say is "sorry, it seems you don't qualify, and there's nothing we can do about it."
Jaronio
I completed the offer for the credit card, hoping to get 8000 GC.

I not only got accepted, but I've even activated my card by now.

Nope, after contacting TrialPay Support numerous times, all they have to say is "sorry, it seems you don't qualify, and there's nothing we can do about it."

That's bizarre, I'm sorry. I haven't tried to complete that offer myself, so I can't speak to what might have happened. I don't think I've had any problems with offers just not crediting except one time where I now suspect I might have misunderstood the requirements. (It said to join and complete one survey. I thought the "tell us about yourself" survey for new members counted, but perhaps they meant a survey for a client.) Why don't you cancel the card (and possibly try again)?

Informer

Is this Trialpay error what you get when Gaia feels like you have completed too many offers for the day? Because it feels like a cap on making Gaia cash. After so many offers I am no longer able to participate for the rest of the day.

This is just my input.

I use google chrome as my browser, windows vista 7.
Rectify Your Wrongs
Is this Trialpay error what you get when Gaia feels like you have completed too many offers for the day? Because it feels like a cap on making Gaia cash. After so many offers I am no longer able to participate for the rest of the day.

This is just my input.

I use google chrome as my browser, windows vista 7.

Yeah, I have Chrome and Win7 as well. I don't think it's Gaia at all; I've heard directly from a TrialPay customer rep that their system locks you out when you try to access too many offers (though from my own experience, it only becomes a problem when I'm accessing more offers after having just completed one, and it's a problem of rate as well as quantity). Like I've said previously, I think it's a mechanism to deter fraud, but I still don't think this is the best way to handle it. And I've always needed to wait more than just the rest of the day for the system to reset.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff