Welcome to Gaia! ::

Your "earn cash" features are unacceptable. Whether on accident or on purpose they allow malicious websites to lure you in via a click from gaiaonline.com

I tried it and the first time I was sent to http://ijumpit.com - IT TRIED TO DROP A TROJAN ONTO MY COMPUTER!!!

Obviously this needs to end now. If you want to give out site prizes for outside offers then the offers must be regulated.
Gaia doesn't control offers. That's all on the sponsors.

Also, next time be more careful about what you click and what you download. That's more or less a very important cautionary rule about being on the internet.

Blessed Prophet

Don't link the website if it is believed to have a virus. neutral

And I do believe there is a thread where you can report offers that lead you to bad sites... I just can't, for the life of me, remember where it is... maybe I'm thinking of the ads report thread?
Ryxios
Gaia doesn't control offers. That's all on the sponsors.

Also, next time be more careful about what you click and what you download. That's more or less a very important cautionary rule about being on the internet.

They don't "control" them directly no, but they do determine the content they put on their site. Any content they allow on is 100% their responsibility (And please not I do not mean user posts). This is not only from a moral standpoint but a legal one. Obviously I would never use thier cash offer services again and I am careful about what I do on the Internet. I just did not think Gaia would link me to malware and offer me reward to go there. My trust in Gaia Online was misplaced.

Also I hope you understand that it was not an intentional download, it was a drive by download. My AV detected and blocked the site however.
Then report it. Gaia does not look at these offers to see which are good and which are
Ryxios
Then report it. Gaia does not look at these offers to see which are good and which are bad.

I thought that is what I was doing...
neutral There's a thread for that, which was previously mentioned. They don't really take care of those sort of issues in Site Feedback. I know there was a report thread in the offers subforum, but they seem to have changed things around a bit since I last looked and I don't know where it is now. I'm heading off but if you can't find it, someone else may pop by with a link or more information.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff