Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Darling

kay so the videos are there and let me watch to the end. but when it comes time to click the outgoing link to trigger the gold being earned; the link works and then the social vibe window says "sorry, try again in a few minutes" it's been doing this for three or four days straight now. i've noticed it's doing this with the mcdonald's ads. the ad for the movie escape from eart will go all the way through and then just not grant the cash when it reaches the end of the video. i'm also having problem with the daily treat video. it plays fine, but won't let me click the "get reward" button to pick card. however, if i change pages i get a pm saying i earned 2 gcash. please tell me i'm not the only one with this issue -.-;

UPDATE: kay, so i was just in the ask the admin and posted this issue (mentioning that i'm not the only one with the problem) and zero omega suggested to fill out a billing ticket in the help section. i plan on doing that after updating this, so hopefully this will get taken care of soon. (anyone else having this issue might want to do so as well)

FINAL UPDATE: it seem this problem is just occurring with firefox as socialvibe works fine on chrome. i will be leaving this thread up to help others having the same issue. special thanks to TheLostNobody for all the help heart

REALLY LAST UPDATE:
TheLostNobody got a response to her ticket being submitted:
Quote:
Thank you for contacting us, we're sorry that there seems to be an issue with the videos in Firefox. Unfortunately, these videos are all provided and controlled by the individual offer providers, Gaia simply hosts the page that shows their individual modules. We are not able to change the coding or fix any bugs or glitches related to the videos, as they are not actually hosted on our website. If the videos do work with Chrome, until the video providers are able to fix them, then Chrome will have to be used to view the videos properly.

soooo i guess at this point don't bother with a ticket and run it in crome if you're having problems with it loading/granting. hopefully the new videos won't be having these problems. 3nodding

13,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Nope not the only one. I also have been having trouble with them. They keep doing the same "Sorry Try again in a few minutes". Though trying today it's actually working for once. The daily treat I normally have issue with only when it's sponsor pay and has the survey portion. The video loads fine and so I watch it. But it never switches over to the survey and then I wind up getting the default of 2GCash. Which is nice that I do get SOME cash for watching but still I'd rather pick a card and see if I can't get a little more

Fashionable Darling

TheLostNobody
Nope not the only one. I also have been having trouble with them. They keep doing the same "Sorry Try again in a few minutes". Though trying today it's actually working for once. The daily treat I normally have issue with only when it's sponsor pay and has the survey portion. The video loads fine and so I watch it. But it never switches over to the survey and then I wind up getting the default of 2GCash. Which is nice that I do get SOME cash for watching but still I'd rather pick a card and see if I can't get a little more
i might have to try it today then if it's deciding to work. well at least the 2 cash is something.

13,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
gummie_sourball
TheLostNobody
i might have to try it today then if it's deciding to work. well at least the 2 cash is something.

Just as I was typing my reply that it never worked for me, I tried it in another tab and it actually worked. It never had for the past week or so though

Friendly Consumer

24,000 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Entrepreneur 150
Having the same issue the last couple days and been screwed over more then 20 GC for viewing the supplier videos.

Fashionable Darling

TheLostNobody
gummie_sourball
TheLostNobody

Just as I was typing my reply that it never worked for me, I tried it in another tab and it actually worked. It never had for the past week or so though
i just tried again and got the rejected message. we should prolly file a bug report or something on this.
I keep getting this, as well. A few days.
I haven't been getting the 2Gcash messages, though. Just.. Nothing except the message to try again later.

13,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
burnskate_mule
I keep getting this, as well. A few days.
I haven't been getting the 2Gcash messages, though. Just.. Nothing except the message to try again later.

The 2GCash message we were speaking about was only for the Daily Treat video, nothing more.

13,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
gummie_sourball

Mine's back to not working again today. Though something I noticed yesterday that was of interest - y'know the sponsorpay ones? That require you to go to a survey but won't? On firefox for some reason they don't seem to move ahead, but using Chrome yesterday I noticed they worked fine. I wonder if it's just a browser issue we're having. If so we can bring this up to the admins

13,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Hm! Tried on a mule using Chrome instead of Firefox, just for an experiment. They work properly and award properly on Chrome. Just the McDonalds ones I've had issue with.

Fashionable Darling

hmm, i'll have to try that as well since i normally use firefox.

13,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
gummie_sourball
hmm, i'll have to try that as well since i normally use firefox.

Hm I wonder if it's just a firefox issue. That would be something good to know from everyone who's having issues. I found a few others having the issue in a Q&A thread

13,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Suggested to the OP of the thread to try chrome since they were using firefox too. It worked for them on Chrome. I think we found our issue.

headsprout's Wife

Crumbly Bum

Thanks for leaving this update posted. I've missed out on a lot of Gcash from SocialVibe because of this but now I finally know what the issue is! Appreciate it! c:

Fashionable Darling

little bunnies
Thanks for leaving this update posted. I've missed out on a lot of Gcash from SocialVibe because of this but now I finally know what the issue is! Appreciate it! c:

no problem. i figure i'll close it once gaia fixes the problems with it on firefox. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff