Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
I signed up for Netflix through a Gaia cash offer. Its not an issue that we didn't want Netflix, its been a day and I haven't received the cash!!!!

Shameless Flip-Flopper

12,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
My antivirus caught "Play feed the snake and earn Gaia cash!", under the SuperSonicAds tab, putting spyware on my computer.

!Update!

I scanned it and it caught it. So if anyone reads this, don't download it.

!Update!

The website had a spyware label at the bottom, and it tried to make it clear that it is spyware free. Watch out for the downloads like that.

Festive Phantom

Extremely Against T.O.S.

The Fashion Forward Singles Survey/ Questionaire not only uses profanity but also displays nude women. Now I am over 18 so it doesn't really bother me but a minor probably shouldn't do this survey.

10,325 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300

7,800 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
The offer:

Join Fashion Forward Singles, and earn Gaia Cash!

It's from SuperSonicAds

I figured it would be fashion advice from single people. Instead it's a dating site and it's not harmless. It's littered with material for 18+ everywhere I already sent a complaint email with images. I'm not going into more detail where the youngins can see it and use it. It's highly inappropriate for anyone under 18.
TrueMisfit
Um can this get stickied?
Otherwise it might fall down so far n the list that it gets lost sweatdrop
zxzzzzz

4,000 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
Um can this get stickied?
Otherwise it might fall down so far n the list that it gets lost sweatdrop

Timid Guildswoman

8,350 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
The Free YouTube Downloader offer on GameCoins attempts to download malware onto your computer. There's also no way to actually complete the offer, since the link given on the offer page is just a redirect to the malware download.

6,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
After reading the op, there seems to be a LOT of the offers that you want gone, since I would estimate at least 1/3 of them are download offers, but that's not why I'm here. Although it may seem mute since gaia wants to get rid of the download offers, I was doing them yesterday, and stumbled across one that contained malware, or at least appeared to, since my protection flagged it as dangerous as soon as I attempted to open and run it. The offer in question is the wheel of fortune offer sponsored by peanut labs, and I don't know how much it was worth, since when you click an offer it disappears from the list. When I attempted to run the installed, I was prompted that ti contained malicious code, and suggested to quarantine and delete it, which saved me a series of headaches.

Wheezing Smoker

13,050 Points
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
I did the offer for the Greendot card, verified it in my email and everything. I tried reporting not getting my GC, but to no avail.

Lyca_Watyre's Fangirl

Alien Veteran

20,900 Points
  • Alien Invasion 50
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
There is a be naughty site that advertises friends with benefits. I don't think this falls under the PG-13 rating. Here is a screenshot. It is the second one from the left on the bottom.
inappropriate gaia cash offer
The offer "Play Birds Town for FREE!" is dangerous, my virus protection software caught it trying to do something bad to my computer. It stopped it, but please don't download the game!

The offer is found under the free offers of Game Coins, and is found on Play Pickle. Play Pickle was on the name of the file my protection software caught, so I think it must not be a safe site.

7,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
  • Wall Street 200
I was recently trying to make some gaia cash, and found what appeared to beTh a legitimate zip compressor (under matomy). Upon reaching the download website and clicking the link, I was transfered to a false URL and Norton alerted me to an attempt made on my IP by a fivemillionfriends.com. Being both brave and foolhardy, I tried again to download the software. Once again, Norton alerted me. This is a VERY serious problem. It could be a false positive, but I sincerely doubt it. I now worry that my IP might be used for harvesting purposes crying .

7,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
  • Wall Street 200
Sellena42
The offer "Play Birds Town for FREE!" is dangerous, my virus protection software caught it trying to do something bad to my computer. It stopped it, but please don't download the game!

The offer is found under the free offers of Game Coins, and is found on Play Pickle. Play Pickle was on the name of the file my protection software caught, so I think it must not be a safe site.

S***... I downloaded some Play Pickle stuff on my computer... But I made sure to cancel half the stuff in the downloader. What is your anti-virus? I have Norton. I pray that maybe it was a false Play Pickle thing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff