Welcome to Gaia! ::

11/9 UPDATE

We just launched with 2 new providers- gWallet and Supersonic Ads. Now, you'll have the option to browse through offers from 4 providers in total. Let us know what you think!

Are you still seeing any inappropriate offers? Report them here and we'll do our best to get them removed.

---------
Hi everyone,

We're committed to improving the experience around sponsored offers on Gaia. To this end, we've removed all offers that we deemed questionable for our community and would like your help to keep the quality of offers high.

Please let us know if you've seen a sponsored offer on Gaia that you feel is inappropriate for our community. Please be specific about the offer - quoting the offer headline would be most helpful - and let us know why you think it is inappropriate (e.g., the topic is unsuitable, the offer contained misleading information, etc.). Thank you!

------------------
Update:
Thanks for your feedback! I've read the thread and want to point out that Gaia has asked that all offers that require ANY download and installation of software be removed from our site. So, if you find yourself doing an offer that requires a download, please don't do it. Instead, please report it here so I can get the offer removed from our site.

I'm currently investigating Free Hilarious Jokes - thanks for the heads up. I've signed up for the offer - still don't see any email from them. If this doesn't match my expectations, it's going off the site as well.

Regarding mobile offers - some of you asked about those - we've removed ALL mobile offers with recurring billing charges as we felt this to be somewhat misleading (the recurring part was sometimes hidden from the user).

Please keep your feedback coming!

---------------
Quick update and correction on the above:
We're trying out a few new offers:

1) Yahoo Toolbar download
2) Real Networks download
3) RewardTV survey
4) Quiz Jungle Avatar survey

Exceptions to the 'no downloads' statement made above: We made that decision because of complaints of hidden downloads of spyware and malware from disreputable providers which give users a poor experience. Since then, we've learned that there are sponsored offers from legitimate brand-name providers (such as Yahoo and Real Networks) which are very popular among users of sites such as Gaia. We're trying these offers out on the premise that they should provide a good experience- so let us know what you think. Do you agree/disagree?
FREE Hilarious Jokes Daily
Do you like to laugh? Get the funniest jokes sent to your inbox for FREE!
Free! No purchase required to receive Gaia Cash within minutes.
Simply provide your email address and game on.

The people who provide this and many other newsletters have left me with nasty amounts of spyware, adware,malware, etc. I had a laptop fry under all the bulk of it. It is also first on the list on it's tab, so many people with not-so-great protection will fall for it.
TL;DR - E-mails that infect your computer real bad!

Edit: Wait, wait, wait. I actually posted the first post in one of these official thread? I didn't even notice. Hello Gaians of the future, chances are you're reading this!

EDIT2: Too clarifty for all who quoted and will quote this, I got payed but there was sooo much malware it didn't even matter.

9,950 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Generous 100
Um can this get stickied?
Otherwise it might fall down so far n the list that it gets lost sweatdrop

Loyal Exhibitionist

TrueMisfit
Um can this get stickied?
Otherwise it might fall down so far n the list that it gets lost sweatdrop

I agree. This would be a good move.
me to i toatally agree

7,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
derekkoch

The people who provide this and many other newsletters have left me with nasty amounts of spyware, adware,malware, etc. I had a laptop fry under all the bulk of it. It is also first on the list on it's tab, so many people with not-so-great protection will fall for it.

ya!!!!!! iv had that happen to me two
i got a bunch of spam and no cash
thnx
Hm...
They better not give me viruses/malware/spyware again. =/

Edit: They should make this a sticky, that way this thread doesn't get lost. 3nodding

Divine Sex Symbol

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

☆·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.¤ ~♡~¤·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.☆

❝ You can start by removing them all.
Or at least the advertisements that
keep popping up with sound, etc.
on GaiaOnline's website. <.<;
My Adblocker isn't working anymore.❞

2,450 Points
  • Member 100
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
derekkoch

i did that and didnt get my gaia cash!

3,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

same thing happend to me.

Shameless Nerd

9,500 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
Still absolutely no free offers for my country.

sad

4,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
xx_MerciPourleVenin_x
derekkoch

ya!!!!!! iv had that happen to me two
i got a bunch of spam and no cash
thnx

Same thing happend to me.

5,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Junior Trader 100
I have an offer, although it is'nt regarded to me, it is just an idea! An offer I was thinking about is like store ads! For example Walmart, Zellers, K-mart etc. These are great ads because they are the most realistic ads i have seen. Also can we remove the Zwinky, and I've lost 25 pounds in 4 weeks ads?

Romantic Fatcat

random post

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas