Welcome to Gaia! ::

14,025 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
I can totally agree that all these "offers" provide my email address with enough spam that I could probably bring down even the toughest OS out there..my laptop even got Malware Defense from one of these offers..unfortunately I don't know directly from which,but I don't use it for much else than hanging around on gaia...every offer I've done I did get my gaia cash from,but it wasn't worth it after all the crap I get sent..good thing I sign up for them,then never check that email address.

and the ones that ask to sign up for credit cards and or 3 movies for 1.99 and all,is crap...a lot of the gaians on this site are under age,and wouldn't qualify for credit cards or able to do offers that cost real money

Edit: as soon as this was posted,I got a pop up saying congratulations,you just won Idk what,but respond in two minutes....and the ad itself said it was for visiting gaia....this isn't the first time,and it's ridiculous

Durem Cat

7,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Medalist 100
Demoness Crystallia
I am NOT doing these again.

Not only was I harassed by callers last time, but I did NOT get any cash.

Plus I don't have my wonderful Linux-run laptop.

uhhhhhhh man that sucks those laptops are awsome im sorry! SEE THIS IS JUST ANOTHER RESON WE SHOULD GET RIDE OF THAT "FREE HIARIOUS JOKES" OFFER! evil evil evil evil

Wheezing Codger

9,750 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Partygoer 500
finally gaia decided to fix this. im still mad about the virus i got from one of these offers. I never did get my gaia cash either

Romantic Sex Symbol

7,425 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Profitable 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
i read a forum about this and it said that most of the offers there has mostly spyware, malaware and one of them has this thing that makes ur computer crash. im staying away from those offers lol
and plus they give you junk mail and harassing calls. >:l

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100
User Image

»I filled out a few surveys,
A few email subscriptions,
And a couple "join our website and get cash!" offers,
And then realized that most of them actually link back to the same site.

Almost all of the subscription ones are through the same site,
And the surveys link back to a different site.
I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

But either way,
I've done everything they've asked,
Including verify my email and changed to real passwords and everything,
And they haven't given me any cash.

1,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Look Gaia, you said FREE offers. Now, let me just quote google here:
Google.ca
...free is also commonly used to let consumers know they do not have to pay for something....

Most of these offers require us to PAY for something. Also, most people on Gaia are under the age of 18, and some even under the age of 13. (Example, I join when I was 10.....man I've been on this site for a while.) Now, in Canada you have to be 18 to buy a credit card, you wont see all that many 13 year olds with a cell-phone (unless its for safety reasons, in other words its the parents) And I dont think too many 13 year olds have jobs. I think most 13 year olds earn money from babysitting or lemonade stands. Those make you I dunno, 5 dollars an hour? Not to mention how much spyware, malware, viruses and junk e-mail they come with. So, thats about half the offers that should be taken off.

Also, do you have any REAL legit connections with these websites? Have you tested them with your own computers (instead of ours) to see if they have viruses or junk e-mail or things like that? Uh, let me guess....no? Thought so. Do you SUPPORT malware and junk e-mail?????? I hope to hell that you dont. And there goes almost the whole other half.

And those surveys of the day. I got a blank page. Thats real legit. rolleyes

So, there goes almost all of the surveys.

And those download ones? VIRUS CENTRAL! Those "free-trial" ones. You have to pay after a week and they wont let you close the account before the first payment. Thats always nice to have talk2hand

Well, thats the last of the offers except one. The Home Depot. We all know the home dpot, so I'm pretty sure its legit. That 1 out of hundreds I'm assuming.

Well Gaia, I hope to hell you dont support all that. Get rid of the free offers unless they are legit. I would like one where it is "Try this game" all you need is an email, and all you have to do is play and rate the game. Those would be good for all ages. I know quite a few LEGIT gaming sites. I can supply links and examples of how legit they are.
One More Level. com
Never any junk e-mail, because you dont even have to sign up! There are thousands of games on that site. And you know what? They all some from OTHER trusted gaming sites.

So gaia, fix the problem, I know hundreds of gaians will agree with me.

Have fun with your hate mail.

Iced Flowers

Krackle's Waifu

Friendly Smoker

8,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Iced speaks the truth c';!

pretty much all of them are virus happy sites P': they killed my desktop =A=;;..............

I kind of enjoy the fact that you are asking the users to test them & risk there identity & then report here >w>'
Good idea send the 13 year olds gaia *thumbs up*

4,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Explorer 100
User Image
I did the Amazon survey things, got my money on Amazon fine.

The button for the Amazon Payments brings up an empty box. Maybe I'm missing somthing, but I cant turn the money into Gaia Cash =/
LIKE FREE JOKES I GOT MOSTLY SPAM AN I DIDN'T GET MY GAIA CASH D:<
THNX

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
derekkoch
FREE Hilarious Jokes Daily
Do you like to laugh? Get the funniest jokes sent to your inbox for FREE!
Free! No purchase required to receive Gaia Cash within minutes.
Simply provide your email address and game on.

The people who provide this and many other newsletters have left me with nasty amounts of spyware, adware,malware, etc. I had a laptop fry under all the bulk of it. It is also first on the list on it's tab, so many people with not-so-great protection will fall for it.
TL;DR - E-mails that infect your computer real bad!

Edit: Wait, wait, wait. I actually posted the first post in one of these official thread? I didn't even notice. Hello Gaians of the future, chances are you're reading this!

EDIT2: Too clarifty for all who quoted and will quote this, I got payed but there was sooo much malware it didn't even matter.

I got my cash and never experienced any spyware, adware, or malware. You sure it was due to this offer?
iiPurpleSprinklez
xx_MerciPourleVenin_x
derekkoch
FREE Hilarious Jokes Daily
Do you like to laugh? Get the funniest jokes sent to your inbox for FREE!
Free! No purchase required to receive Gaia Cash within minutes.
Simply provide your email address and game on.

The people who provide this and many other newsletters have left me with nasty amounts of spyware, adware,malware, etc. I had a laptop fry under all the bulk of it. It is also first on the list on it's tab, so many people with not-so-great protection will fall for it.
TL;DR - E-mails that infect your computer real bad!

ya!!!!!! iv had that happen to me two
i got a bunch of spam and no cash
thnx

Same thing happend to me.
Me too the thing said that my cash would arrive in a few minutes.. but that never happened!

Dapper Lunatic

13,025 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500
The following offers HAVE worked for me:

"Get Gaia Cash For Helping To Improve Canadian's Diets"
"Earn fast cash by taking online surveys!"
"Get free sites daily!"
"Get FREE recipe newsletters by email!"

However I only got gold from the last two after completing the customer support feature. I didn't have to download anything for any of those offers... mostly just by completing surveys or subscribing to e-mails (which you can unsubscribe to anytime). I never gave out my phone number, and when I found it necessary, I fudged my name =P If they say it's going to be confidential, they won't need it anyway, right? Heheh. So anyway I went from having around 62 GC to having about 216. Not too shabby, especially since these ones were safe.

(And if it makes a difference-- I'm from Canada, so some of those offers may or may not be available in your area)

Hope this has helped!

11,025 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
It's not so much inappropriate, but somewhat dishonest.

I've tryied and tryied and trrieeddd to complete the surveys you've posted. I've yet to successfully complete a single one. Either I don't qualify or they tell me their quotas been reached. If it took one or two questions to see if I qualified, it wouldn't be so bad, but their qualification survey takes 10-15mins all by itself. If I hadn't attempted so many, I'd think I was already TAKING the survey. Personally I think these companys are getting people to take the survey without having to pay us >.>

Frankly I'm done. I'll stick to non-survey offers.

Anxious Gaian

10,875 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Oh, woot! I got some g-cash!

I haven't been paid for a single Arcamax offer I've signed up for yet.

In fact, I haven't been paid for any offers except for the Home Depo one, and a single survey site.

So now my spare email is being barraged with spam and I'm not getting paid for it.

I've reported them, and they emailed me back saying that "there wasn't sufficient information" and I can't contact them again.

Not to mention I've completed at least 2 surveys of the day (one about make up, one about fast food chains) and still I have yet to see my gold.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff