Welcome to Gaia! ::

Quotable Fatcat

7,700 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Junior Trader 100
      I only did the home depot offer rofl
      It was the only legit looking offer.

Though, I did try the joke daily offer on my mule.
      I made an new email and used that instead - Its my "Spam me" email (:
      Not sure if it worked or not.

None of the surveys are working for me neutral
      Represent your High School or College and get Gaia Cash Should be taken off.
the easy ones don't even work including the survey ones and the ones you need to provide an email for are ridiculous ><
First of all there is not one single offer on here that is appropriate.

Secondly, by my count you owe me approximately 2450 in Gaia cash. So, just to be clear, I am at present quite strongly considering reporting you people to the Better Business Bureau...and several other groups I can think of.

To the point, I have already found another site, far superior to this one in my opinion. I only come here to speak to a few friends who still use your site. Even then, my contact with those friends has become increasingly infrequent...due in no small part to my utter disgust in your company's business practices.

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Rukario_Rue

Secondly, by my count you owe me approximately 2450 in Gaia cash. So, just to be clear, I am at present quite strongly considering reporting you people to the Better Business Bureau...and several other groups I can think of.

To the point, I have already found another site, far superior to this one in my opinion. I only come here to speak to a few friends who still use your site. Even then, my contact with those friends has become increasingly infrequent...due in no small part to my utter disgust in your company's business practices.

Gaia doesn't owe you the missing Gaia Cash, Offerpal does, as these offers are from Offerpal, not Gaia. :/

The Home Depot one IS appropriate, as when you click on the link, it takes you to the Home Depot website itself. That is the only one, along with the Survey of the Days (that don't ask for personal info or email), that are appropriate.
Soprano Mochi Kitty
Rukario_Rue

Gaia doesn't owe you the missing Gaia Cash, Offerpal does, as these offers are from Offerpal, not Gaia. :/

The Home Depot one IS appropriate, as when you click on the link, it takes you to the Home Depot website itself. That is the only one, along with the Survey of the Days (that don't ask for personal info or email), that are appropriate.
Plus nobody isn't twisting your arm to do these offers. You're doing them out of your own free will.
I don;t like the "offers" page. You obviously get money for the advertisement, but the companies/websites seem to have a hard time relating the participation of Gaians to you guys, except, I assume, the ones that cost us, since I imagine they are more reliable. I was never paid for my fastweb membership, and I have an inbox chalk-full of emails from them for scholarships I am ineligible for.

I know this is a common complaint, but; what about us current gamefly/netflix subscribers? Just a little two-dollar bonus or somethin'? Hm?
I completed an offer, I forget which one now, and I was supposed to get around 300 Gaia Cash, but I never got a bit of it....

larissaqueen280 generated a random number between 3 and 333 ... 298!

Lonely Lover

9,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
There just 4 offerts. evil

Lunatic

I dunno if I'm repeating someone but to be quite honest? ALL of the credit card offers are ridiculous. That's really just a trap for youngerlings to dive right into. No, no one twists their arm, but it's enticing with the amount of Gaia Cash they get, and to sign up for a credit card you must give very personal information. This can also very badly damage their credit.

It's not a good idea.

I think that smaller offers are fine, using a junk email prevents or traps spyware, but offers for signing up for a credit card are just plain stupid, and it's irresponsible to provide such a pitfall on a site that's hosting a lot of teenagers and younger.

Dangerous Lunatic

i signed up for some joke thing and i never got gaia cash :O <<-- lol
Also, offers aren't free if you have to pay for them later (free trials that require a subscription, discover card "clear" ).
gracewar7
Hi everyone,

We're committed to improving the experience a
emoved all offers sex

Please let us know if you've seen
bout the offer - quoting the offer headline would be most helpful - and let us know why you think it is inappropriate (e.g., the topic is unsuitable, the offer contained misleading information, etc.). Thank you!
gracewar7
Hi everyone,

We're committed to improving the experience a
emoved all offer

Please let us know if you've seen
bout the offer - quoting the offer headline would be most helpful - and let us know why you think it is inappropriate (e.g., the topic is unsuitable, the offer contained misleading information, etc.). Thank you!

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
GAIA -

If you want me to have ANY trust / respect / belief that you have done ANYTHING to make your ads and offers safer and better you can start by getting rid of all the OBVIOUS scams / lies / misleading ads. If you don't who is going to take you serious about your 'free Gaia Cash' offers?

A good start would be to get rid of that GD "Congratulations! Your the 100,000th Visitor!" talking ad. Go ahead, pick a Gaian, pick any Gaian. Ask them how many times they have been the '100,000th visitor'. Or better yet ask your own staff, admin and mods.

I have decent protection installed on my computer but I've been infected twice from Gaia ads I didn't even click on. Just the annoying 'mouse over' ads got me. (Another dirty habit you can remove). After the second time I installed noscript and adblock.

And yes, I've read the help thread about the software I need to download and hoops I need to jump through to properly report a questionable ad. It should not be needed for ads that are practically legendary among Gaians. Last weekend at the Gaia panel at Sakura-Con someone brought up the 100,000th visitor ad. You should have seen how many people around made comments or laughed about it because they have all seen it multiple times.

Please be proactive in policing the ads from your vendors. Don't just wait for reports from users when it is obvious admin and mods (anyone actually USING the Gaia site) have seen the same ad(s). An ad does not have to have a virus or violate PG-13 to be inappropriate.

Familiar Member

10,400 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I completed at least one that I did not get any cash for. The coupans one.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff