Welcome to Gaia! ::

Floofy Princess

52,675 Points
  • Purrfection 500
  • Long-Distance Sniper 500
So yes, yesterday I took some "What's your favorite Subway Sandwich" survey where they asked for my phone number. And this morning, I've already been spammed twice by solicitors asking for my personal information. Anyone know how to deal with this besides changing your number?

Eloquent Conventioneer

Okami Tenrou
So yes, yesterday I took some "What's your favorite Subway Sandwich" survey where they asked for my phone number. And this morning, I've already been spammed twice by solicitors asking for my personal information. Anyone know how to deal with this besides changing your number?

Are you getting text spammed or just phone calls?

If it's phone calls, be very clear with them on the phone that you don't want to be on their lists.

They are required by law to remove you within a week's time.

Floofy Princess

52,675 Points
  • Purrfection 500
One Winged Asuka
Okami Tenrou

If it's phone calls, be very clear with them on the phone that you don't want to be on their lists.

Just phone calls (thankfully) but I don't like getting woken up at 9 in the morning by them looking for fresh blood, literally. Oh and really? Didn't know that, thank you. I was worried that the stupid survey sold my number or something.

Savage Hunter

7,500 Points
  • PvP 200
  • Survivor 150
  • 50 Wins 150
Ummm Pm me for details on this... it's easy to avoid...

8,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Okami Tenrou
One Winged Asuka
Okami Tenrou

Just phone calls (thankfully) but I don't like getting woken up at 9 in the morning by them looking for fresh blood, literally. Oh and really? Didn't know that, thank you. I was worried that the stupid survey sold my number or something.

They did sell your number and no they do not have to take you off the list, just because you ask them to. You have to go online to the national 'do not call list' to register, then 31 days after you register they are not allowed to call. If they do, you file a complaint, they get in trouble. At least that is how it works. When they started calling me a few months ago, I registered, within a few weeks I no longer had unsolicited solicitations by cell phone.

Floofy Princess

52,675 Points
  • Purrfection 500
DesertSkorpion
Okami Tenrou
One Winged Asuka
Okami Tenrou

They did sell your number and no they do not have to take you off the list, just because you ask them to. You have to go online to the national 'do not call list' to register, then 31 days after you register they are not allowed to call. If they do, you file a complaint, they get in trouble. At least that is how it works. When they started calling me a few months ago, I registered, within a few weeks I no longer had unsolicited solicitations by cell phone.

Already way ahead of you, I'm hoping this would work and yes I did have a feeling it was sold. Really though...

8,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Okami Tenrou
DesertSkorpion
Okami Tenrou
One Winged Asuka
Okami Tenrou

Already way ahead of you, I'm hoping this would work and yes I did have a feeling it was sold. Really though...

It shows bad form on Gaia's part to be in bed with these sorts of people. This is why I haven't nor will I ever do any of the offers. I do not even involve my PayPal account with Gaia anymore because of the weird goings on. IF I get Gaia Cash I do it with the cards from the stores. It guarantees no one can sell anything of mine that works for this company.

Floofy Princess

52,675 Points
  • Purrfection 500
DesertSkorpion
Okami Tenrou
DesertSkorpion
Okami Tenrou
One Winged Asuka
Okami Tenrou

It shows bad form on Gaia's part to be in bed with these sorts of people. This is why I haven't nor will I ever do any of the offers. I do not even involve my PayPal account with Gaia anymore because of the weird goings on. IF I get Gaia Cash I do it with the cards from the stores. It guarantees no one can sell anything of mine that works for this company.

So far the videos seem safe, the problem is with the majority of the surveys they seem to require a phone number, as they won't let me submit without putting one in or putting in an address. But yes, I agree this shows badly on Gaia, as no one needs the additional telemarketers.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff