Welcome to Gaia! ::

Conservative Wrangler

14,175 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I've worked for a market survey company before...back when I was exceedingly young, I was one of those "clip board girls" you used to avoid at the mall.......so I know how the procedure should be followed to "qualify" applicants, and THEN take their more personal information. If they (or their households) do not qualify on the grounds of age/gender/consumerism--then there is no need for them to answer more in depth questions.

Ampario cheated. They asked for and received not only the ages and genders of all my household members (all 6) They also asked for and received a list of all our electronic entertainment devices and their services....plus our near future and near past shopping habits and plans. AFTER specifically asking about our youngest child (which of course, to my ear seemed like the "qualifying" bit of info--since they were not expressing any interest in my spouse, or three other children. I was prompted to go get said 10yr old and make sure she was answering the questions! It was only after this that I was finally told that there were in fact no surveys at this time-----which is a blatant lie, since I'd just completed one....and I have enough experience to recognize it. They got what they wanted--and failed to pay. There is no excuse for getting down to brand names and THEN pretending that someone doesn't actually qualify---once you're down to brand names and future purchasing plans you are IN the survey....and anyone telling you differently is lying. As a former survey employee, that's just the facts.

13,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Aileeya
I've worked for a market survey company before...back when I was exceedingly young, I was one of those "clip board girls" you used to avoid at the mall.......so I know how the procedure should be followed to "qualify" applicants, and THEN take their more personal information. If they (or their households) do not qualify on the grounds of age/gender/consumerism--then there is no need for them to answer more in depth questions.

Ampario cheated. They asked for and received not only the ages and genders of all my household members (all 6) They also asked for and received a list of all our electronic entertainment devices and their services....plus our near future and near past shopping habits and plans. AFTER specifically asking about our youngest child (which of course, to my ear seemed like the "qualifying" bit of info--since they were not expressing any interest in my spouse, or three other children. I was prompted to go get said 10yr old and make sure she was answering the questions! It was only after this that I was finally told that there were in fact no surveys at this time-----which is a blatant lie, since I'd just completed one....and I have enough experience to recognize it. They got what they wanted--and failed to pay. There is no excuse for getting down to brand names and THEN pretending that someone doesn't actually qualify---once you're down to brand names and future purchasing plans you are IN the survey....and anyone telling you differently is lying. As a former survey employee, that's just the facts.

I always hate when that happens. It's like "COME ON! I just spent the past ten minutes giving you all my friggin information and you tell me I don't qualify even though I answered a bunch of questions?!"

Conservative Wrangler

14,175 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Yeah, it would have been mildly annoying if after answering our income level, all family member's ages and genders, our area and recent shopping history, I'd been told there were no qualifying members---but to then go into specific brands, and services and prompt me to go fetch the youngest for HER to answer questions--nope--that WAS the survey.

Demonic Prophet

19,665 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Megathread 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
I got that too. They ask for every bit of personal information they can think of then they disqualify you. Why not check to see if we qualify before making us answer all this personal information questions? I mean, if I am going to give out my person information to a stranger, shouldn't I at least qualify to get my reward?

Conservative Wrangler

14,175 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Demonique Affection
I got that too. They ask for every bit of personal information they can think of then they disqualify you. Why not check to see if we qualify before making us answer all this personal information questions? I mean, if I am going to give out my person information to a stranger, shouldn't I at least qualify to get my reward?

That's the problem--the qualifying information was acquired in the first part--family size, genders and ages, then whether or not we'd purchased the specific brands in the specified time span--THAT was qualifying information---obviously, since they continued asking questions, including future purchasing plans (which certainly isn't relevant unless the subject IS qualified) they are cheating.

Fluffy Werewolf

15,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
Same here. Not the only that's done this either. I just tried a bunch of others, and they all are happy to take my information and then "disqualify" me. Really annoying.
this actually is quite normal for me

/has been doing offers for the past however many years now

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas