Welcome to Gaia! ::

Angel of Sunrise
Ah, Wicked is the love of my life. whee I've seen it 4 times and we're seeing it for a 5th time this month. Also, in five days, I'm going to Idina Menzel's (the original Elphaba) concert in LA. Anyone else going...?

OMG, was that the ones in Wilshire Blvd? gahhh... I miss Kristin on stage, she's so good, she makes glinda. I like her opera breakouts on "Thank Goodness" and "No one Mourns the Wicked"

Beloved Reveler

9,475 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

Dangerous Hunter

7,050 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
mine are cought between no good deed, popular and what is this feeling.
I can't describe how much I love Wicked in one word.
"Defying Gravity" takes the gold.
I also love "The Wizard and I", "What Is This Feeling?" (obviously, that one's just so fun and hilarious), and "As Long As You're Mine". That last one, with Fiyero and Elphie is absolutely amazing. -falls in love-

Now, I have yet to finish the book. It's sitting next to me and I'm mostly done. I'm finding this hard to get through. Well, maybe 'hard' is a little too harsh. It's easy to read, surprisingly, because the words are used differently, and there's so many that are Ozian. However, I'm finding that this simply doesn't give us enough information to read it like a page-turner.
There seems to be, for me at least, one scene to describe how a character would react to something. It moves very quickly and thus, I take time between some parts simply to take it in and fill in the gaps in my mind. We get very little of Elphie, regardless of the fact that this book is about her.
But I do love it.

I'd like to agree with someone that made a comment a page or so previously: you really can't compare the musical and book without being angry with one or the other. I can tell someone the differences between both, but it's like they're different stories. Elphie seems different in both of them. Every character does! But they're amazing in their own rights.
I loved it when I saw it in L.A. with Eden Espinosa as Elphaba (she happens to be in the original cast of one of my other favorite musicals). Its so different from the book and personally, I wasn't too big a fan of the book, I mean it was good just different from what I was expecting I guess 'cause I saw the musical first and thought it be closer to the musical than it was. Anyway, favorite song? Geez that's tough, I'll go with Defying Gravity, For Good, As Long as You're Mine, and Dancing through Life, but I really love all of the songs.
Calista89
Its so different from the book and personally, I wasn't too big a fan of the book, I mean it was good just different from what I was expecting I guess 'cause I saw the musical first and thought it be closer to the musical than it was.

I'm almost done the book, but I did see the musical first. I loved it so much that I just had to read it, regardless of how different it was.
You just can't look at them as the same people. I bought the Grimmerie and Gregory Maguire put some words into it. He said that after he heard the lyrics to No One Mourns the Wicked, he was sold. He said it didn't matter how much the story would be changed, Wicked the musical would still be amazing in it's own right. They're my words, but he basically said the same thing.
Gregory Maguire is my hero. Honestly.
Wicked is/was my first obsession. I saw in January 13, 2008 with Stephanie J. Block and Annaleigh Ashford. IT WAS SO AMAZING! Ah.. my favorite songs would have to be No Good Deed, Thank Goodness, and Defying Gravity.
catgirl_kayla
Wicked is/was my first obsession. I saw in January 13, 2008 with Stephanie J. Block and Annaleigh Ashford. IT WAS SO AMAZING! Ah.. my favorite songs would have to be No Good Deed, Thank Goodness, and Defying Gravity.

Not on topic, but I love your sig!

3,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
i really liked whicked (i cant speeeeeeeell =]) it was amaaaaazing =]]
Shearaha
WARNING not all the chars are exactly the same in the book and the show . So be open minded when reading the book. It is the original work from which the show was spawned. READ ORIGINAL WORKS

Absolutely. They're very different, and you really can't compare them. But, be wary those who saw the musical first. The book characters came first, so don't hate them if they aren't the same.
Defying Gravity was a bit corny for me
Popular=awesome

our band went to see it in L.A.
amazing smile
Saint Vudu
Defying Gravity was a bit corny for me
Popular=awesome

our band went to see it in L.A.
amazing smile

If anything, Popular is corny. Defying Gravity was amazing. It was such a build-up. Her voice, the music, and the lights just make it amazing. The lyrics, how the just seemed more urgent as the guards continued to hammer on the door . . . it was all very dynamic.

I'd really like to know why you like Popular so much. It's very intriguing that you like that best.
I have yet to read the book
but my favorite song has to be heart "Defying Gravity" heart
Also if I even listen to poplar once it gets stuck in my head all day and
drives me crazy gonk
BTW I love your sig Tarali Annika whee
huskie_lov9
BTW I love your sig Tarali Annika whee

'Sank ya. Though I'm thinking about changing it . . .

And you HAVE to read the book. No doubt they'll have it in a nearby library.

And as for Popular . . . well, my sister hasn't seen it nor is it on her iPod and even she knows all the words. We sing lines back and forth! >.<

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff