Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cheery Firestarter

19,050 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Brandisher 100
Good news, people! Taylor Swift will not be Eponine! Instead, the young woman who played her in the 25th Anniversary Cast will play our young gamine: Samantha Barks!

4,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
Very excited for this upcoming movie. So far so good in the casting choices. Of course there will always be a few disagreements with who's best for the roles, but you can't please everybody and overall, I think this cast is great. At least you have a lot of "real" singers here, which is a good sign. v(^^)v
THANK THE HEAVENS that It's no longer Taylor Swift. Even though I do enjoy her music I know I would have hated the movie if she was in it. And Samantha Barks played the role beautiful in the London Cast but I still wish it could have been Lea Michelle (Even though I don't like her she would have portrayed the role the best)
I'm very excited for the rest of the cast as well. Anne Hathaway will do great job I'm sure and I have faith that Amanda Seyfried will play Cosette to the best of her abilities. Hugh Jackman is amazing, Helena Bonham Carter is fantastic at every role, and Aaron Tveit is PERFECT.
Over all, I cannot wait for this movie.
LadyThornRose

EDIT: Good news, people! Taylor Swift will not be Eponine! Instead, the young woman who played her in the 25th Anniversary Cast will play our young gamine: Samantha Barks!

So what do you people think about the movie, and the casting?

...Oh thank God.

8,550 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
LadyThornRose
Love.From.Hate
Well, they are making it a movie, right? If it's a movie, I'm fine with whoever the actors are...now if they're trying to get a "popular" version of the musical, that is absolutely not okay. D: I mean, 25th anniversary they put in Nick Jonas instead of having Michael Ball (although I do understand the age different between he and the girl who played Cosette would be awkward)

Ugh, I don't know if I really wanna see a movie with all these popular actors when it's Les Mis, you know? But hey, it could be really good.

Hugh Jackman can sing, as can Anne Hathaway (Fantine). Aaron Tvelt (Enjolras) is one of my favourites. HBC is perfect, and Sacha Baron Cohen will probably be hilarious as Thenardier. I just don't know about the rest of them... Amanda Seyfried as Cosette?
Yeah the cast... is a little too big in terms of pop hollywood.

Well, it's not like Amanda can't sing, she was in Mamma Mia after all

8,550 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
I'm glad they're getting Colm Wilkinson involved, it's only right that he should be in it, seeing as he was the original Valjean
I'm happy that Hugh will be Jean, I can't wait for the film version since I will never be able to afford a trip to watch an on stage production of the musical. I'm incredibly excited to finally see it! blaugh
They're also getting a few West End actors involved! Hadley Fraser will be there as that pimp in Look Down. I've also heard about Fra Fee and Killian Donnelly! OMG! My lovely barricade boys! blaugh

Frances Ruffelle (original Éponine) is going to be there too, as a prostitute, weeeeeeeee! LOVELY LADIES! mrgreen

I really adore Samantha Barks and I have always loved Éponine so...YAY! blaugh

4,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
I seen the play but idk if the movies the same.

Romantic Rogue

I excited for Russel Crowe as Javert. He was always my favorite character in the story.
I'm really excited about this. I think Amanda Seyfried is actually a great actress, she just takes the shittiest roles most of the time. She has a really good singing voice, like, I think she sounds better normally than she did in Mamma Mia? The music really drowned her out and idk, she's really talented and I'm glad I can watch her in something now and not want to shake her and ask her what the hell she's thinking.

bb girl seems to be gettin' smarter.
I don't see why it would have been so terrible if Taylor Swift had the role...I'm not a huge fan of her music (simply because it's not my personal taste), but I think she has a nice voice and could have done the role nicely. I didn't really like Samantha Barks in the 25th anniversary :/

I'm pretty ok with the rest of the cast. I like Helena Bonham Carter but I don't think she has enough oomph to play Madame Thenardier. We'll see.
I am BEYOND stoked for this movie!
I am behind on the info, but I am very excited. That show has the most beautiful music and without music, the story is just not that interesting. The last movie version had none and I was bored. Plus, no Eponine. Not cool. I am surprised that Russel Crowe sings, never would have guessed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff