Welcome to Gaia! ::

I LOVE THIS SOUNDTRACK even though i think it would be better if they didnt leave out some of the parts that were in the movie but i love the song even though they are hard to sing b/c if your like me when you listen you sing but i know the songs and the movie by heart i just wish i could get my hubby in to musical the way im in to them

Dapper Friend

3,750 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The songs are very hard to sing if you're an alto, unless you're singing for Mrs. Luvitt. Haha I love that musical so much heart
The Sweeney Todd movie isn't even worth mentioning. It was horrible compared to the original Sweeney Todd stage musical and left out so much and changed so much of the tone that it can hardly even be considered the same musical.

The actual MUSICAL, however, is amazing. It's a wonderful blend of Broadway and Operetta, leaning more toward a modern take on a classical operatic approach. I love its uniqueness in that it contains two of the few true bass/bass-baritone roles in music theater.

Once you hear George Hearn sing the role of Sweeney Todd, no one else will ever compare.

Greedy Fatcat

I absolutely love Sweeney Todd. My brother and I would always listen to the soundtrack in the car and sing along. If I remember correctly, we watched it three times in a row the day we got it. On another note, the color of the blood stood out so well. It definitely added to the movie.

Eloquent Elocutionist

Even though I LOVE the movie version (I have a terrible soft spot for Tim Burton and Helena Bonham Carter), I HIGHLY recommend the Angela Lansbury and Len Cariou cast recording. The movie soundtrack leaves out WAY too many songs for my liking (including The Ballad of Sweeney Todd… why they decided to leave that out and why Sondheim let him, I'll never know).
I love Sweeney Todd ~

MrsQuandary's Husband

5,000 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
This has to be one of my favorite musicals, I really enjoyed both the on stage performance and the movie. Was, and still am, obsessed with the soundtracks
i love the soundtrack and the movie so much. although i haven't been able to watch the movie lately and i really want to see it again. i've driven my husband insane listening to it over and over again lol. well at least i'm not listening to phantom of the opera or the music man over and over again razz
Queen Cracken
The songs are very hard to sing if you're an alto, unless you're singing for Mrs. Luvitt. Haha I love that musical so much heart

I agree with this 100%. The sopranos always seem to get the best parts and the altos get what's left.
I enjoyed Johnny Depp, talking to his blades. "Hush now my friends..." That was... Sexy.
But when... Professor Snape... lands on top of Lucy, that had to have been the worst scene in the movie.

Feline Autobiographer

I was the props mistress for a production of Sweeney Todd in Tallahassee, FL, last summer. I had a good time, but never again do I want to be in charge of making over forty pies every night for a month. I think the most well done thing I made for that show was Anthony and Pirelli's bag (they both used it in separate scenes because the color worked with both costumes and I didn't have the time to make a duplicate).
My favorite soundtrack, alongside Phantom of the Opera.

Magical Dreamer

27,275 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Magical Gems 500
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
I'd have to say my favourite song is A Little Priest~ heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers