Welcome to Gaia! ::

Interesting Regular

7,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
No love for RENT these days? I was asked by a teacher for a quote he could remember me by. My answer - "Viva la vie boheme."

How did you guys find RENT? How did it affect you?

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

8,350 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Invisibility 100
As a university student it kind of sums up my life at this present moment. Especially because the rent for my apartment is so expensive and I don't want to pay it every month (I still pay it though because my apartment beats living on the streets). Also I got introduced to RENT through my mum.
I have seen ten probably fifteen times, my favorite of which was in Pittsburgh with cast members Adam Pascal and Anthony Rapp. I still cry everytime when my favorite song/reprise comes on, "No day but today".

Interesting Regular

7,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
disgracedvampyre
I have seen ten probably fifteen times, my favorite of which was in Pittsburgh with cast members Adam Pascal and Anthony Rapp. I still cry everytime when my favorite song/reprise comes on, "No day but today".

I saw the same run in Pittsburgh. Definitely one of my favorite casts.

Dapper Genius

6,800 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I've never had the chance to see it on stage, but I've listened to the stage soundtrack many times, and I've fallen in love with the movie.

I think all my favorite musicals could have been improved by simply incorporating Idina Menzel. heart
I love Rent!!! It is one of my favourite musicals!!!

Has so many important messages and is a beautiful film! Describes drugs, HIV/AIDS and friendship/love in such a power and emotive way! Love it so much!

Lily

6,925 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Hygienic 200
L-botomy
I've never had the chance to see it on stage, but I've listened to the stage soundtrack many times, and I've fallen in love with the movie.

I think all my favorite musicals could have been improved by simply incorporating Idina Menzel. heart

Me, too. About the soundtrack and movie, that is.

Interesting Regular

7,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
L-botomy

Totally. I get so annoyed when people only recognize Idina from Wicked!

Dapper Genius

6,800 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
llamas-alpacas-yaks
L-botomy

Totally. I get so annoyed when people only recognize Idina from Wicked!

I can't remember if I saw her in Rent or Wicked first, but I absolutely loved both of the characters she did.

Interesting Regular

7,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Interesting Regular

7,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Liberal Genius

I love Rent, saw it in 7th grade ( the movie version ) & fell in love with it, my favorite songs "Seasons of Love", "One Song, Glory", "La Vie Boheme", "No Day But Today" 3nodding
Anyway like the message I got from this story is that yea they show how they have to literally pay rent for their homes and how there are other things to pay for and there's no money left to make their dreams a reality but when Angel dies it and also how most of them are suffering from aids I got the message that our lives are rented to us too and we better make the best of it, No matter if were rich or poor 3nodding
I saw RENT last year. If I wouldn't have heard "Tango: Maureen" on Pandora, I would've never gotten interested. Anyways, the movie was on sale while I was in New York, so it was almost perfect. I've seen the last Broadway run and the movie, and I'd have to say that my favorite characters are Mark, Joanne, and Roger. For me, they're probably the most relatable characters in the movie. Plus, as said earlier, Idina Menzel is amazing :O
I was introduced by a close friend of mine, I never cared much for musicals and wouldn't have ever known of this masterpiece if it wasn't for her. She insisted I watch it and much to my surprise I loved it. Of course I was introduced to the movie first, haven't watched it live in person but have watched a tape of a stage show and also have both the stage and movie soundtracks.

My favorite character is Roger, however all of them you care for as the story unfolds and it becomes more about just personal preference; Perhaps 'who you can relate to most'.

The songs are great too, I can't narrow favorite songs down enough to be honest. In no order I'd say Santa Fe, I'll Cover You, Take Me or Leave Me and Rent. I'm not happy with the choices there as other songs deserve mentioning but oh well lol!

Totally sucked when Angel died too ='(
I watched the movie before I saw the stage performance, but both of them were amazing. I think that my least favorite character is MiMi, but she's still pretty amazing. It's difficult to narrow down the songs to which is my favorite because they are all so amazing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff