Welcome to Gaia! ::

What did you think of Phantom of the Opera the 2004 film?

It was amazing I cried my brains out! 0.26190476190476 26.2% [ 22 ]
It was awsome, but I didn't cry 0.42857142857143 42.9% [ 36 ]
It was really good, about Average 0.14285714285714 14.3% [ 12 ]
eh, it was ok 0.083333333333333 8.3% [ 7 ]
Not really into it 0.011904761904762 1.2% [ 1 ]
I hated it that movie sucks! 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
I didn't see it 0.071428571428571 7.1% [ 6 ]
Total Votes:[ 84 ]
1 2 >

What did u guys think of the movie?
It's one of my all time favorites! I really want to see the play someday.
It's not the worst Phantom film I've ever seen, but it wasn't my favorite. The stage version was so so sooooo much better.
Meliora Fae
It's not the worst Phantom film I've ever seen, but it wasn't my favorite. The stage version was so so sooooo much better.
Agreed. Though I did like the movie I saw the play the day before and I was like "Broadway was soooooo much better"

Big Fatcat

11,550 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Oh I loved it. Especially when the theatre comes alive at the beginning.

3,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Statustician 100
There were some parts that were good, but it wasn't my favourite movie of all time by far.

Raoul was annoying me the entire length of the movie- I was begging for the Phantom to kill him by the end of it. Christine and the Phantom were fantastic, though.

Prefer the stage play by far.
u lucky ppl i really wish i could see the play sad
I loved it. It's really good, the music gives me goosebumps and it's one of my favourite on-screen musicals together with Hair. I am a bigger fan of the original book, by Gaston Leroux, and let's just say the difference from the book to the musical adaptation is huge. Of course. So I just hope that they will some day make a full length non-musical movie, detailed and mirroring the book. Yes please. heart
It is a fair interpretation, but Emmy Rosembum just doesn't quite cut it for me, especially since I grew up hearing Sarah Brightman sing those songs

Greedy Genius

i liked the movie alot.
i wish i could go see the play

Shameless Phantom

11,250 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Don't look back

It's great right up until you see the show live.
Or maybe it's just that Emmy Rosum annoys the s**t out of me. She wishes she was Sarah Brightman. But she's not... whee
Gotta love that Gerry Butler though...he can kidnap and sing threateningly at me anytime.

Till you're free to chase the morning!
rock and roll alchemist
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Don't look back

It's great right up until you see the show live.
Or maybe it's just that Emmy Rosum annoys the s**t out of me. She wishes she was Sarah Brightman. But she's not... whee
Gotta love that Gerry Butler though...he can kidnap and sing threateningly at me anytime.

Till you're free to chase the morning!

I think Emmy Rosum did a heck of a job better than sarah brightman!!
I listened to music from the play long before i ever saw the movie. Even though I was more used to hearing Sarah Brightman (after listening to the music like a hundred times) once I saw the movie I thought Emmy Rosum was much better. I mean i read the book and Christine was 18 and when sarah brightman did the play she was 25. She was a lot older and in my opinion her voice is too deep and she tries so hard to act sexy. Emmy Rosum portrayed Christine's charactor much better i think. She was sweet and innocent and her voice was very sweet and beautiful aswell which is just how you invision Christine in the book and just what the author was going for i think.

Shadowy Singing

26,140 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
I have mixed views on the movie.

I did enjoy watching it, but it is not my favorite. There are some things that made the movie great (like the sets, and camera angles, costumes), but other aspects made me yawn half-way through. But, for a stage show come to movie, it was wonderful. (Especially for those of us who can't see it live all the time.)

Questionable Lunatic

it is an average movie after all Joel "Batnipples" Schumacher did it

8,200 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
it was my first intro to Phantom of the Opera smile
It blew me away! I want to see it live someday!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff