Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Poster

2,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
gaia_angelleft Latly movie and tv stars are going to broadway and musicals are becoming big time movies. So I want to her your opinion on which is better! Name your favorites and tell me if you like the broadway or movie version better and why. gaia_angelright

Subject matter needs to be at a PG 13 level due to age differences. sweatdrop

Friendly Genius

Rent: The stage version is fantastic (I have a copy of the Broadway performance on DVD.). The movie however wasn't very good. I know the reason why they couldn't get two of the original cast members to be a part of the film, but their singing made a huge difference to me. That's not to say Rosario Dawson and Tracie Thoms didn't do a good job. They did fine. It also felt weird to me that there was a lot of speaking where singing was supposed to happen. They also cut out some good numbers from the stage version.

Hmm...The movie is PG-13, but the show on Broadway isn't. Sorry. sweatdrop

Chicago: I haven't actually seen the Broadway version, though I've heard the soundtrack. I love everything about the movie.

Fashionable Poster

2,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
The Gun Street Girl
Rent: The stage version is fantastic (I have a copy of the Broadway performance on DVD.). The movie however wasn't very good. I know the reason why they couldn't get two of the original cast members to be a part of the film, but their singing made a huge difference to me. That's not to say Rosario Dawson and Tracie Thoms didn't do a good job. They did fine. It also felt weird to me that there was a lot of speaking where singing was supposed to happen. They also cut out some good numbers from the stage version.

Chicago: I haven't actually seen the Broadway version, though I've heard the soundtrack. I love everything about the movie.
That ok! Totally get it 3nodding !
The Chicago broadway version going on right now in New York is really good from what I heard. They even got Wendy Williams to be Mama Mortion for the whole summer! she showed a clip of it from her first night.

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500
The Gun Street Girl

She's a lady.

I've heard the woman that played Mimi on Broadway and I have to say I prefer Rosario Dawson's voice. The problem with speaking lines they should have sung was because the majority of the avid movie-going populace aren't a huge fan of operas, rock or not.

Les Mis had that problem too, with sung that that were half-sung, half-spoken. I know it's for dramatic effect, but still. And I was severely disappointed with "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables". I was so looking forward to using some cinematic effect to make it that much more dramatic, like how in the stage version they have the men of the barricade come back onstage like they're specters. But the movie didn't do anything like that and I was majorly disappointed.

And ladies shouldn't be messed with.

Kawaii Sweetheart

13,000 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Mark Twain 100
Hedwig and the Angry Inch and Rent.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash