Welcome to Gaia! ::

I have been feeling this pain for a few months now. I really want to see the broadway revival of Les Mis because of Ramin Karimloo. Seriously his voice is amazing. I also want to see If/Then. I'm a HUGE Idina Menzel and Anthony Rapp fan. (Especially Anthony oh lord is he a cutie pie. I've been listening to the soundtrack on repeat for the past few weeks. And finally, I also want to see Hedwig and the Angry Inch. I've loved the movie for god know's how long and who doesn't want to see NPH in drag?

Clean Smoker

There's always Rocky Horror, do I even need to explain?

Friendly Camper

Avenue Q.

There's something about muppets singing how much life sucks that's super amazing and amusing to me. The songs are really catchy too. A runner up would be Little Shop of Horrors, since I'd love to see Audrey II on-stage.

Kawaii Sweetheart

13,000 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Mark Twain 100
Wicked - because I love Wizard of Oz and would love to hear the backstory of the witches

Eloquent Elocutionist

If/Then was ok! I actually like the cast recording a million times more than the actual show.

The shows that I want to see that are either on Broadway at this moment or are coming this Spring/Fall are:

On the Twentieth Century (Kristin Chenoweth as Lily Garland is probably the most perfect casting choice ever).

The King and I (I will follow Kelli O'Hara wherever she goes).

On the Town (for the dancing).

Musicals I want to see in general:
Funny Girl (but with the book re-written)
Anything Goes (please take me back to when Patti LuPone was in it)
Candide (hopefully seeing it next year with Patti LuPone)
Grey Gardens (I've been waiting for a regional production for EVER)
Hello, Dolly!

I basically want to see everything!

Dangerous Lunatic

I never got to catch The Book of Mormon, I'd love to see that. I feel like I don't really need to explain myself though- I mean, it's done by the South Park guys, it was critically acclaimed, and people who've seen it seem to love it.

Little Shop of Horrors- it's just such a fun one. I listen to the soundtrack in my car all the time.

Also, if I ever get a chance to see a Starkid musical, I'll be all over it. They really are great little productions, and just have so much fun, energy and charm to them, even if they are low budget and small scale.

Familiar Phantom

LoverOfMusicals
If/Then was ok! I actually like the cast recording a million times more than the actual show.

The shows that I want to see that are either on Broadway at this moment or are coming this Spring/Fall are:

Hello, Dolly!

~I haven't even heard the If/Then soundtrack, but I love Next to Normal. How does it compare, do you think?

~Kelli O'Hara's voice is absolutely amazing. She'll be a great Anna.

~Hello, Dolly! was the show that officially got me into musical theater! I've only seen the movie (so adorable) and a high school production when I was a kid, but it has such a special place in my heart.

I really want to see Book of Mormon, Light in the Piazza, Follies, and Phantom of the Opera (from not-terrible seats).

Eloquent Elocutionist

Phantom Pimpernel
LoverOfMusicals

Hello, Dolly!

~I haven't even heard the If/Then soundtrack, but I love Next to Normal. How does it compare, do you think?

~Kelli O'Hara's voice is absolutely amazing. She'll be a great Anna.

~Hello, Dolly! was the show that officially got me into musical theater! I've only seen the movie (so adorable) and a high school production when I was a kid, but it has such a special place in my heart.

I really want to see Book of Mormon, Light in the Piazza, Follies, and Phantom of the Opera (from not-terrible seats).

Love listening to the Light in the Piazza cast recording!

Hmm. If/Then compares to Next to Normal with the set and the loads of cursing in the cast recording. Unfortunately I didn't really relate to any of the characters as deeply as I did with Next to Normal. They definitely didn't go too in depth like they did with N2N, either. When you watch it/listen to it though, you can 100% tell that the people behind N2N were part of it!

Saxgrrrl's Waifu

Magnetic Saint

9,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
My Fair Lady would be cool to see live. The Henry Higgins in the movie version doesn't sing, and I've heard that his singing parts are actually supposed to be really good.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff