Welcome to Gaia! ::

Inkmind
sorry this is actually the version i love. the one i posted before sounds a bit different.
god, i remember that part in the movie where she's looking out of the window and seeing everything pass by.. it sounds so sad but beautiful. love it so much

Wheezing Lunatic

UniquelyUninformative
Inkmind
sorry this is actually the version i love. the one i posted before sounds a bit different.
god, i remember that part in the movie where she's looking out of the window and seeing everything pass by.. it sounds so sad but beautiful. love it so much

It's my favorite part of the entire movie.
Inkmind
UniquelyUninformative
Inkmind

It's my favorite part of the entire movie.
for me, it's either that part or where she's looking out over the water and sees the train. i'm a sucker for the night sky

Sparkly Dabbler

9,600 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
When I was a kid I watched "My Neighbor Totoro" but at the time I didn't pay much attention to the music. It wasn't until a few years later when I watched "Spirited Away" and then "Princess Mononoke" that I really began to take notice. And from there my love of Studio Ghibli films and Joe Hisashi's music was born/Ghibli film music in general. heart
I really need to get the "Spirited Away" soundtrack. I'm surprised I haven't after all this time. sad
I grew up watching Studio Ghibli movies, but it wasn't until a few years ago that I realized how amazing the soundtracks were. My personal favourites are Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, and Princess Mononoke. Joe Hisaishi's music just takes me into another world...

Dapper Lunatic

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Spirited Away was my first Ghibli movie & hence introduced me to Joe Hisaishi. That opening song on Spirited Away... emotion_drool
I think my favourite work by him would have to be The Merry-Go-Round of Life from Howl's Moving Castle.
My favorite Joe Hisaishi song is Merry Go Round of Life from Howl's Moving Castle heart
The first movie I watched was Kiki's Delivery Service and I really loved it.
Has anyone listened to his Studio Ghibli Jazz Album? If not I really reccomend it
msjeeq
My favorite Joe Hisaishi song is Merry Go Round of Life from Howl's Moving Castle heart
The first movie I watched was Kiki's Delivery Service and I really loved it.
Has anyone listened to his Studio Ghibli Jazz Album? If not I really reccomend it

So I actually have checked out the jazz album and you, m'dear, get brownie points for such an amazing find! Thanks for bringing it to my attention!
=_kikiwai_=
I grew up watching Studio Ghibli movies, but it wasn't until a few years ago that I realized how amazing the soundtracks were. My personal favourites are Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, and Princess Mononoke. Joe Hisaishi's music just takes me into another world...

I totally agree! Oh man the man is simply MAGIC with music. Another one of my favorites would be when he redid Madness from Porco Rosso, as shown http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QAGPUDV-0c

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff