Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reveler

8,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Profitable 100
Ok so i'm seriously stressing about finding music and will give 30k to who ever helps me find what i'm looking for.

I'm an Acrobatic dance instructor and am in charge of combining 3 classes into one massive dance for competition. Anyways i was FULL of ideas and song and inspiration, then the studio director told me the theme i had to do...... The theme is NEW YORK!.... i live in Canada. stare k well i was pretty pissed and couldn't come up with ideas i was really inspired by (especially because she pitched the idea of doing the Statue of Liberty.... i'm not dressing my dancers up in green leotards) emotion_donotwant

Any who i've come up with a few ideas and the one that has me buzzing is the World Trade Centres ! The general concept is peace and freedom over coming chaos and destruction. But i can't find any music that really works for me.

examples of my sort of acrobatic music:

so i don't mind some lyrics, so long as they don't over power the instruments, on that note i prefer instrumentals. if lyrics the word falling would be great sort of like 4th song i posted
i love hans zimmer
looking for a song that starts off peaceful/ hopeful/ soaring then some sort of crash occurs and the song is some what chaotic/ dark but still controlled/ mourning ish and of course ends heroic/ peaceful.
There are a million songs that flow through my head, but I can never remember the name or composer.
Here's a not very good suggestion, but it's the only song that I can think of at the moment:

I'll post again if I can remember any good songs.

Benevolent Gaian

8,200 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
For 'New York,' look at Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue, and anything Jazzy/Big Band/Swing. It might also conjure up images onf Chicago, but both are metropolitan.

Blessed Hunter

5,700 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
How's this

It's from GTA IV which is based on Liberty City which is based on New York.

Interesting Shapeshifter

7,150 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Member 100
I'm not sure about these... some of them sounded almost like the ones that were posted..

These remind me a bit of the business of new york a bit (more jazz)

Sorry about all of the youtube links @___@

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces