Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
You know you love someone when...

Hm, well said. 3nodding

In all honesty I was introduced to Bleach when the dub premiered. I had heard about it before, but never watched it. At first, I wasn't at all impressed by it, but then as it progressed I started to enjoy it more and more. Now look at me, totally obsessed hahaha

Seeing as how I was introduced on the dub first, I couldn't really say anything about the voice actors and how the characters should be. Now I can because I've seen the sub way more than the dub and personally, yes, the characters are SO much better in Japanese. Don't get me wrong, the English VA's do a good job, but there isn't any comparison when it comes to bringing out a character to its fullest.
User Image
...you cannot put into words how they make you feel

6,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
My friend and I marathoned the sub from episode 1 to about episode 105 in just a few days time. That's how I was introduced. Then came the manga, then the dub, then the musical.
User Image

Wow I don't think I could sit through that many eps in one sitting. I do eventually get bored of watching something for too long. That and I get sore from sitting. sweatdrop

I only have the first two volumes of the manga. I'm not really buying it because I'm reading the scans online and following the weekly release so it's kind of pointless.

When I first saw the musical it came up in the search results on Youtube, but I never thought to click it. I thought it was just some random cosplay skit. Then one day I clicked on it out of curiosity and was instantly drawn in. Can't get enough now blaugh
User Image

6,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
The musical was brought to my attention by a friend. He had gotten his paws on the OST for Saien and gave me a copy. First song I heard was Urahara Shoten. Fell abosolutely in LOVE with it. Then there was a spoken part before Silent Wish and there was background laughter. I was like "I MUST know what's so damn funny" (cuz my Japanese suuucks!) So I did a youtube search. I watched through it and I was like "OMG Izuru's even CUTER live!!" 4laugh I had liked Izuru before but I never really paid him any mind until I saw the musical. What was really funny was I used to like Aizen, thought he was cool as all hell. Hated Gin! Thought he was a little s**t! Then Aizen stabbed Hinamori and I thought that was pretty damn mean. So then I hated both of them. Then I saw Saien and fell in love with Tsuchiya Yuichi. Thought he did a halluva job with Gin and actually made Gin look damn hot! whee Now I'm the biggest damn Gin fangirl! My GinXIzu/TutiXEiki fangirlness scares people! blaugh rofl
As far as the manga goes, I perfer official stuff over scanlations because scanlations have a tendancy to leave things out. I still have to go pick up Grimmjow (vol 24) Haven't had the cash cuz I've been preparing for the next con. I have however read the latest chapters. And boy has Izuru been pissed! That's mah boi! 4laugh
User Image

I love the Saien OST. It's my favorite out of all the soundtracks. The Urahara Shoten song is so funny. I love his little opera impersanation at the one part. When I first heard it I started dying. I was laughing so hard. Then of course Hona Sayonara. I put that one on repeat a lot lol

I don't think there was ever a character in Bleach that I hated at first, but then started liking. There was always the case where I'd like them then pick a new favorite and would always go back (weird fangirl antics as well) I'm starting to become very fond of Izuru due to the fact he just kicked some a** in the anime recently (and manga as well, but I was more impressed by his anime fight for some reason). I was in awe by the time that fight ended xD

And you're right about the scans. I always find stuff different about it when I read the official manga, but I'm very impatient and need to know the story now! XD
User Image

6,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
I think Bankai Show 001 is my favorite. I love when Gin keeps freaking out and singing at the top of his lungs when he hears the trigger phrase. 4laugh And the reprise of Tsuki yo is really pretty. I love the reference to "Prelude to the straying stars" that they make. Izu in academy uniform! whee I only had a little beef over the fact that the hair wasn't accurate for those three during that scene, but then I thought 'those wigs must take FOREVER to get on and off' so I can live with that minor detail. I loved the Bankai 1 version of Sayonara better than Saien's because Izu is singing with Gin. Way uber hot. whee User Image <--my Live Journal icon. Well one of...
I read the manga online, but I also buy the VIZ releases, if only because I prefer real books over Internet images, lol. The image quality is better, too!

My favorite musical is...hrm...song-wise, I have a pretty even spread of favorites over DBM, Live Bankai Show 001, and NCBH. But overall I have to say NCBH, because I LOVED the scene with Aizen and Momo. "Kore wa Maboroshi Janai" is still one of my favorite songs...makes my heart break every time I listen to it...! T^T In fact, they completely nailed a number of my favorite Bleach moments: said Aizen and Momo scene, the Soi Fong and Yoruichi scene, "Aizen's Ascent", (if I may), etc.

I still think the finale of DBM (with Rukia at the Soukyoku and Ichigo's big entrance) is some of the coolest s**t ever, though.

As for songs, Mou Hitotsu no Chijou is my all time favorite. It's just THAT epic. I also love Hona Sainara, and any and all Aizen/Momo songs.

(In case you haven't figured it out yet, Aizen and Momo are my favorite characters and together make up my favorite pairing, <3)

The funny thing is, I always hated Gin and loved Aizen...and that still hasn't changed. Granted, I may be knee-deep in DE NILE about Aizen, ( "Who is that sexy evil brown-haired man? He looks a little like Aizen; they must be twins or something." ) but still... xDD;;

And that is the end of my crazy fangirling for today. I probably lost all of the Intelligence points I gained from last night's post, but oh well...
User Image

LOVE that icon Neko xd xd

That trigger phrase scene is hilarious especially when he goes "hm??" and bends down. It's so adorable!! 4laugh 4laugh

And yeah, I can tell the wigs take forever to get the way they are. They've got some real talent for getting them to stay. It was a disaster when I tried to style one into Hitsugaya's. I completely ruined it trying to get it the way I wanted it and wound up going to the con without a wig crying

My absolute favorites are DBM's Mou Hitotsu no Chijou, Hona Sayonara, Fuyuu no Hanabi, Bleach Soul Shout and Unohana's song, "Oyasumi Nasai". I think that song is so pretty.

I went absolutely crazy when Aizen started to ascend into Hueco Mundo and then pushed his hair back (in musical and anime) *drools*
User Image

6,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
Oyasumi Nasai is pretty pretty pretty!!! That's a very calming song. Every time I hear it I think 'Mother...' I love Bankai 002's Mou Hitotsu no Chijou the best. Everytime it gets longer and better and new characters... It's an evolving song! And it's very powerful. I get this sense of pride everytime I sing along to it.
User Image

Funny you should say that about the whole "mother" feeling. My friend calls Unohana "Captain Mom" lol

Yeah I wish the Gotei 13 song would last forever xD It's just that awesome...I love those squad banners that they hang in the background with the lights shining on them. I want one ;_;

For some reason you get that sense of pride when looking at the captains' symbols...then again we're Bleach nerds lolol

....seriously though, I have squad 10's symbol plastered everywhere in my room XD
User Image

6,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
When I tried to post my reply yesterday, my friend's internet went xp The Captain Mom thing's been a pretty long running gag in our group too. We have nicknames for all the Taichou. Ukitake is Captain Tuburculosis, Kurotsuchi is Captain Freakshow, Soi Fon is Captain BitchNinja, Kyoraku is Captain Grabass, Byakuya is Captain BetterThanYou, Gin is Captain Foxface (or Captain Kitsune or Captain a*****e depending on which of us you're talking too) Tousen is Captain NoOneLikesYou, Komamura is Captain EatsYourFace, Hitsugaya is Captain GrumpyPants ( blaugh ) Aizen is Captain Superman (look at the hair... Captain Aizen=Clark Kent Traitor (glasses-less) Aizen=Sperman) Amagai (Or I'mAGuy as I call him) is Captain Lightweight but we're thinking about changing that. And Kenpachi ('nuff said)
nobody mentioned the music from the anime..... i love "d-technolife" performed by nightmare heart .... is so great.... no more words

6,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
d'technolife belongs to Uverworld. I should know I have the CD single... And as far as the anime musica goes I think Kansha (season 7 second ending) is my favorite. And I love Sekai wa Sude ni Azamuki no Ue ni from Gin's beat mix. Koji Yusa can sing just as well as Tuti. I would love to hear Tuti redo Sekai wa Sude ni. That would sound AWESOME! whee
I actually saw an icon that gave nicknames to all the Shinigami Captains. Except for filler!captain...but I doubt he counts anyway... x'3

I would comment on the anime music...except I've only seen about the first 20 or so episodes, and I don't like what I've heard so far... >____>
User Image

I've seen that icon as well 3nodding Captain Tuberculosis sounds funny, but I think that's so mean at the same time xd And yeah, he is Captain GrumpyPants, but he can't help it. He's so cute when he's angry 4laugh blaugh

I'd have to say my favorite music from the anime would be "Houki Boshi", "Alones", "Chu Bura", and "After Dark". As far as background music goes, I like "Here to Stay", "On the Precipice of Defeat", "Peaceful Afternoon" and "Creeping Shadows." All of those are on the first OST except "Here to Stay" I forget which one that's on sweatdrop

I love those Beat Collections all too much and it's an easy guess which one my favorite is >>; Hearing Toushiro sing "This Light I See" had me fangirling for days even though the VA is a girl lol I also loved Gin and Rangiku's duet song. I thought that was pretty whee
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas