Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
My friend is actually trying to re-write the musical. He says the only way it could be done right is if an otaku were to do it. He's debating on translating just the spoken parts and leaving the songs as is or translating the whole damn thing. He wants all of us to pull this off and has even started online auditions. I agree that the musicals are great the way they are. Although releasing subbed version of it to American audiences would be nice. So we don't have to hunt youtube for 'em...
On another note, this same friend is trying to write and translate skits for an American Pnish. He's wanting to play Eiji and I'm supposed to play Tuti. And this all spawned from a Tuti Host Club cosplay I'm working on. (Just need the hair) I'm not 100% sure if we can pull it off, but we have a Daiki and a Wasshi. Four insane American otaku doing English version of Japanese stage skits. This could be interesting. Although I don't think our Daiki (who's a girl like me) would want me grabbing our Wasshi's (her boyfirend's) "boobs" blaugh
User Image
You know you love someone when...

That would be really cool if you could pull it off. It would be hard to get it to be just as good, but it would be good in you're own way 3nodding

But yeah, having them available here would be nice. I mean, I would buy the official DVDs from foreign sites, I just can't read them xd That's basically the only thing stopping me.

Another thing I would like would be a couple of those photo prints that they were selling on the RMB official site. They looked so nice, but I can't trust myself into converting yen into dollars gonk
User Image
...you cannot put into words how they make you feel

6,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
That and the Japanese DVDs won't even PLAY in American DVD players unless you have some special add-on gizmo that I can't remember the name of right now... Damn that's gonna keep me up tonight...
User Image

Yeah, they would have to be region-free DVDs. Or just buy a Japanese DVD player. Simple enough XD

My brother would know what that thing is called....
User Image
Neko Reno-chan
Deep Fried And On A Stick
Wow....

I've always thought it'd be cool to see an anime done as a musical.

Sadly, after watching this, I no longer think so...

eek

What makes you say that? I thought it was very creative. Only the Japanese could come up with something like this. You KNOW they'll bever bring this to America. And if they DO, they're gonna screw it over royally. stressed

Its just not my definition of musical. Too...too...I don't even know the word for it.

But...eh, it could just be that I'm not a big Bleach fan. Personal opinion might be the way to describe it.
Deep Fried And On A Stick
Its just not my definition of musical. Too...too...I don't even know the word for it.

But...eh, it could just be that I'm not a big Bleach fan. Personal opinion might be the way to describe it.

User Image

It's cool. You're entitled to your opinion 3nodding

After all, I did say "What are your thoughts" in the opening post to the thread sweatdrop
User Image

6,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
It DID keep me up for a while. And I DID finally think of what the device is called. It would be an emulator that you would need. Or region free disks or Japanese DVD player as you said 3nodding I just download the torrents... Yes I'm stealing sweatdrop But I've heard that the Japanese don't really care because it's free advertising. They don't care about anime downloads either. It's the American's and dubbed anime that you have to watch out for. Stupid FCC's on everyone's asses.
But I don't really care for dubs anymore...
User Image

I torrent all the time as well. I can't even tell you how many gigs of stuff I've ripped from the internet xd

I can understand about the advertising advantage. I wish America did that, but alas, they have to be all a**l about their money. I do support them though by buying occasional volumes. Like, I'll buy the Bleach box sets simply because it's Bleach and I can watch it any time any where lol

But yeah, I am starting to prefer the subs over dubs. After watching a series fully subbed and then seeing it on TV the differences in it just anger me. I mean, they edit the stupidest things. I know they do it for the kids, but in all honesty I don't think the kids would get even half the things they edit out. It would just go right over their heads...
User Image

6,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
What gets me about the Bleach dub the most is how they mispronounce names and they refer to Rukia and such as "Soul Reaper" stressed But they can say "Shinigami" in Death Note. Like retard kids are gonna know that "Shinigami" means "Death God" Some of the voices were bad too. I've met Ichigo, and he actually tries. The guy they got for Renji was great as Rufus Shinra, but he SUCKS as Renji. They should've gotten Reno (Quinton Flynn who I also met! whee whee whee ) to do Renji instead of Kon. Quinton has the cocky redhead down. I mean he's done Reno and Axel, why shouldn't he do Renji? Hitsugaya's voice grates on my ears. He sounds like a whiney little brat in English. And Doug Erholtz could've done SOOO much better with Gin. He had the tone down but he didn't have the accent (Kansai can easily be brought over as something of a southern accent or something like that...) Rukia was alright I suppose. And Ikkaku was Vic Minongna (is THAT how you spell is last name? I'm a friggin' idiot... neutral ) Met him too. He was pretty cool. If you can't tell I hit a few cons...
User Image

Yeah I can tell you've been to cons lol I've been to a handful myself, but I only met one voice actor and that was the English voice for Aizen, Kyle *********. He was awesome. He went to a little con that was near me that was held at a college. It was awesome because he was standing outside with a group of people and my friend and I just happened to be out there too so we wound up standing there too and talking with him.

I agree though. Some of the voices they give the characters aren't even close to what they should be. I think Hitsugaya's is way too deep for his character. I mean, he's still very young so his voice shouldn't be that of a 40 yr old. stressed And I'm in love with Toushirou so I want him to be gentle sounding lol

And you've got a point there about the Shinigami > Soul Reaper word usage. I never noticed that before. They're from the same production studio and the same TV block so I don't know why they can't say the same word.

*sigh* Guess it's just one of those little things we'll never find out...
User Image

6,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
According to my friend (the one who's trying to translate the musicals) it's because many otaku know that Shinigami means "Death God" and you can't refer to a human-like character as a "God" but you can refer to a creature like Ryuk as a "God" Viz knows this and that's why they say "Soul Reaper" I don't know why I torture myself with Adult Swim really. Although I am kinda looking forward to seeing how they screw up the episode where Izuru fights Darku. That should be comming up pretty soon.
User Image

Ahhh I get it now. Makes sense....I guess xD

I forget all the fights in the filler arcs. Who fights who and whatnot...
User Image

6,650 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
The only reason I remember it is because it's Izuru. Izuru is heart Izuru is Eiki. 4laugh whee If anything I can just picture Eiki while Viz screws the episode over. Then I guess I won't be as mad. It'll take some of the sting out of it. blaugh
User Image

As much as I love Toushi, I can't remember his filler arc fights. I'm a bad fangirl gonk

And yes, watching those musicals over and over has now made me think of the actors in place of the characters lol Especially Ikkaku when he does his Lucky Dance xDD
User Image
I've seen a few episodes of the Bleach anime dubbed. The whole translation of 'Shinigami' into 'Soul Reaper' doesn't bug me that much (probably because it was introduced to me that way--my sister bought the VIZ manga and I started reading that first) but Gin's voice is AWFUL. The nature of that character is such that, unless the seiyuu pulls off the voice JUST right, it lessens the impact of said characters words.

An example of this is the scene on the bridge when Rukia is being taken to the Soukyoku--there is this subtle, underlying MALICE in his words that, unless delivered JUST right, would destroy the impact of that scene.

FYI: IMO, the musical GOT it just right. x3

Sadly, I haven't watched much of the anime, so I don't know how well the same scene (which serves as an example, IMO Gin's voice would have to be perfect ALL of the time for me to get the same impact his I got from his scenes in the manga) is done in the subbed anime.

Then again, I've always preferred the manga over the anime, and to me manga is a more personal experience of characterization. No seiyuu can ever match the reader's image of ANY character in their heads.

...Whoa, I've been ranting about Gin so much, and I don't even LIKE him. Hehe. Well, he does serve as one of the best examples of what I'm trying to illustrate in Bleach.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff