Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
Ok, I don't know about the rest of you, but, at least in my opinion, the thing that makes a movie is the villain song. If your villain is a good, strong character, then the story is 10x more likely to be a great story. And no good musical is complete without a villain song.

I started thinking about this alot when I saw the Nostalgia Critic's video "Top 11 Villain Songs" (you can view it Here, or, since that seems to take forever to load, you can watch Part 1 and Part 2 on youtube).

Personally, I think "Mother Knows Best (Reprise)" from Disney's Tangled is actually the greatest villain song of all time, but I want to hear from you guys:

What, in your opinion, is the greatest villain song of all time? If possible, try to provide a link so we can hear it.

4,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
I personally like "Friends on the Other Side" from The Princess and the Frog

Youtube- "Friends on the Other Side"

6,250 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

5,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
ElphabaTheDelerious
What, in your opinion, is the greatest villain song of all time? If possible, try to provide a link so we can hear it.

Just to clarify, the question is not excluded to solely Disney villains. For instance, one of my favorite non-Disney villain songs is "Falcon in the Dive" from The Scarlet Pimpernel (This isn't a version I like, but it's the best I could do). So, any and all musicals are open, too.
I gotta go with The Imperial March (Darth Vader's Theme)

6,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Night on Bald Mountain
This used to scare me as a child, as I watched Fantasia. I watch it now and it still gives me the creeps.

Kawaii Sweetheart

13,000 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Mark Twain 100
Poor Unfortunate Souls in the Little Mermaid

Newbie Noob

8,800 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Profitable 100
  • First step to fame 200
Um, how about...

Poor Unfortunate Souls- Little Mermaid Version of course!

Be Prepared- Scar's Song

And that's all I got. Sorry about no links.

Dedicated Hoarder

I agree that Be Prepared for Scar and The Imperial March for Darth Vader are both really good villan songs.

My favourite though, would have to be Lapdance for the Kingpin in Daredevil. It's only a short clip of music, but to me it is just perfect for the character.
Gotta go with "Dentist!" from Little Shop of Horrors. Even if Orin isn't the mail villain - he's just nasty. He has another song in the musical version too "Now (it's just the Gas)" that's great too.

4,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Hmm.....I agree with a lot of what people have said....

Poor Unfortunate Souls is great. So is Be Prepared. And Dentist. And Feed Me, also from Little Shop of Horrors. And also Dog Eats Dog from Les Miserables.

Here's my current personal fave though:
Youtube- Kick It Up a Notch

It's from the Team Starkid musical Starship. Tis amazing! XD
Sweeney Todd's 'A Little Priest'. Unless that's not included as a villain song? confused

5,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
bsb119lol
Sweeney Todd's 'A Little Priest'. Unless that's not included as a villain song? confused

I'd definitely count it as a villain song, though I'd also count "Pretty Women" as a villain song as well.
ElphabaTheDelerious
bsb119lol

I'd definitely count it as a villain song, though I'd also count "Pretty Women" as a villain song as well.

I love both those songs!!!

Although, whenever Alan Rickman does his humming in 'Pretty Women', I keep thinking of Snape singing. Does anyone else think that he sounds like he's singing during his Potions speech in the first movie? xp

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff