Welcome to Gaia! ::

DO NOT add stats to cloths

I know you are thinking about it, i know everyone is thinking about it

but such thoughts must be removed from mind for good

If cloths are ever to have stats that will have many negative effects on the game

ill point few:

*All players will be looking like copy-clones because everyone will want to equip the strongest cloths available.

*Because of the said above, all players will have the same stats witch by itself eliminate the idea of having cloth-stats

*You will give more reasons to hackers to hack your game

I hope my post is seen and helps prevent future game disaster.

4,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
PatetoOwnage
DO NOT add stats to cloths

I know you are thinking about it, i know everyone is thinking about it

but such thoughts must be removed from mind for good

If cloths are ever to have stats that will have many negative effects on the game

ill point few:

*All players will be looking like copy-clones because everyone will want to equip the strongest cloths available.

*Because of the said above, all players will have the same stats witch by itself eliminate the idea of having cloth-stats

*You will give more reasons to hackers to hack your game

I hope my post is seen and helps prevent future game disaster.

Genius! rofl
But what if all clothes could be enhanced equaly?
That's why all games with armor stats have problems? Oh...wait, no they dont.This game right now needs more diversity, and armor will help that. There will be tons of people who play who never by armor because they don't care to "look cool". I know most of you are used to gaia and the armor not doing anything, but in a game like this, for it to continue to offer diversity and customization of stats, armor stats are important.
Dayoen
That's why all games with armor stats have problems? Oh...wait, no they dont.This game right now needs more diversity, and armor will help that. There will be tons of people who play who never by armor because they don't care to "look cool". I know most of you are used to gaia and the armor not doing anything, but in a game like this, for it to continue to offer diversity and customization of stats, armor stats are important.

You clearly didn't read what i wrote so ill quote myself

Quote:

Right now players have more choice because they can pick their own unique outfit and look original. BY adding stats to cloths you will not gain more customization but only lose some of it.
I did read what you wrote, but everyone already looks like copy clones.

And if the best armor in the game is super hard to get then not everyone will have it, just like I haven't seen one full suit of Onyx Dragon Armor or Metal Suit Z. Why would you spend cash to get these armors when they clearly arn't going to help you?

I understand your passionate about this, but this game is new which is why you would see a lack of customization either way right now. As you implement new armor and make it hard to get you will not see people all wearing the same armor. Also if having a full suit gave bonus' it would be better for people to go for entire suits rather than always going for whats best, based on what is feasible for them to get.

In Facebook games like Castle Age, or even old style RPGs like Final Fantasy only the people who work the hardest will get the best stuff in the game. If they do it right, it will be rare to see people with those sets, unless they spend money to get good sets, just like swords.
Well by your logic weapons shouldn't have stats either, Because everybody will want the same weapon (the strongest). As of now is EVERYBODY using the same weapon? Ummmm..... no. So the only way I would agree with youis if ALL weapon are just comedic as well.
And not everybody would look like clones. People who spend more would have more cash clothing/armor. Those who can't afford to will have more gold bought clothing/armor.There will be new stuff added to the game and therefore people will want to upgrade. Some people will want what they can afford now, others will bide their time and wait. The strategy of what to get when are as endless as the players. You logic has more holes in it than a block of Swiss cheese.
The only "clones" I see are a few of my friends who run around in there underwear BECAUSE clothing has no relevant value in the game. I'm thinking of joining them and starting a Soul Crash nudist colony blaugh

Lets all fight in our underwear!!! If everybody did it it might draw some attention to the issue....
Quote:
Well by your logic weapons shouldn't have stats either, Because everybody will want the same weapon (the strongest)

Weapons are different story, they feel cool.

not to mention good weapons already make insane difference ..
Quote:

The only "clones" I see are a few of my friends who run around in there underwear BECAUSE clothing has no relevant value in the game.

Negligent people are always negligent in anythink they do
HasCoolHat
Quote:
Well by your logic weapons shouldn't have stats either, Because everybody will want the same weapon (the strongest)

Weapons are different story, they feel cool.

not to mention good weapons already make insane difference ..
Quote:

The only "clones" I see are a few of my friends who run around in there underwear BECAUSE clothing has no relevant value in the game.

Negligent people are always negligent in anythink they do

Quite a bias there, not really objective I might say.

You do realize that some people might actually switch out armor/clothing parts from different sets to suit their preferred character, much like how stats go.

As for the second one, I don't see your point. Will you rephrase that for me?
You lost me there, i cant make sense of your reply surprised
I'd have to agree with the "No stats to clothings" part, I'd prefer if all the clothings are at least affordable with a little increase like 50-500g each type where as 500g or maybe 1000g would be the more rarer outfits but still affordable so that people can mismatch. The reason why people are not buying them is because
1. They are as expensive as weapons, if you see which side is obvious, of course people are not gonna buy any armor with no stats for so much gold or cash when Weapons are better to spend on.
2. Less Variety, yeah this is also another thing since this game is still pretty new so I'm sure they'll add more clothings.

But seriously if clothing would have no stats and just for fashion purposes than the cost shouldn't be so high otherwise it wouldn't be worth it.
Please! Oh! Please! Lower Clothing price! To easily Affordable! So people can mismatch outfits and not look the same, it hurts my eyes D: The rest of the gold or cash will go to Weapons and Enchanting

If by all means Clothing would have stats then, it doesn't need to cost any lower since well it serves as good as weapons but will be just as expensive as weapons or higher and the only way people can not look the same is the characters requirements(Gold, Cash, Level, Type).
But still by the End Game Max level everyone would be using the same most powerful equipments available in few differents sets and in other words it still sucks.

Hence I voted for "No Stats to Clothing"
Quote:
But seriously if clothing would have no stats and just for fashion purposes than the cost shouldn't be so high otherwise it wouldn't be worth it.

I think they are worth but that is a matter of personal opinion
Okay, long story short since you didn't get what I said.

What you said is totally BS. As stated by King Anthropomorph if you're really worried by people bceoming clones of each other, weapon shouldn't really have stats. But you said that weapons are an exception since they're so cool and whatnot. And as I have said, not all users would get them in sets. Some would mix and match the armor pieces to get the stat boosts they want provided that there would be a variety of armor with different stat boosts and gains.
All in all this isn't really "pro" advice from an "old school gamer".
Ill give you an example of a game that followed that path and what happened to it

There was a facebook game called MMAprFighter, i don't know if you have played it but few years ago used to be very popular.

The personal customization was very decent one, much like this game it had stats and it had cloths (and other thinks). In the early year of the game's development there were tons of cloths and tons of unique outfits and every fighter i met had its own unique look.

At some point however the devs decided to put stats on cloths, do you know what the result was ?

There were few sales of top gear real money gear. But the vast majority of the player base went for the most efficient cloths possible they could get.

If you enter nowdays into the game i mention you will notice that most of the players are wearing ridiculously looking pantera outfit just because it gives the most stats.

The think is when the vast majority of the players wear the same gear and the effect of stats co-eliminate each other and you don't end up with more power but with less customization

If soul crash follows the path of stats on cloths, eventually they will end up adding more and more powerful clothes with each patch, and players will always go for what is most powerful choice.
Those players will be majority, they will have the same stats versus each other and they will all look like copies.

The reasons i disregard weapons from the equation is because they are symbol of power and as such good weapons have to provide more strength and awesomeness to your character. It just make sense to be that way.

Thankfully right now the game is on the right track, i am looking forward to the skills system (coming soon i hope)

Now i realize what is on the mind of every kid or teen (they never think of consequences). I also understand how pointless is to argue on the internet, its like beating your head into a wall.

I raised to speak first against what could be considered future mistakes because its a cool game and i care.

I just hope the right people take my arguments/concerns into account when developing future patches.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff