Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Genius

5,600 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Full closet 200
Ever since the whole new stats thing the bosses have some crazy SF which means they can pull of combos in rapid time. No joke during my battle with Sobek he had all of his team mates out all doing something different! One was using a counter, one was in a tag combo, and he was using soul crash! How am I suppose to beat someone like him if I can't even train or change my stats?!

Interesting Genius

900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
You've gotta better manage your meter and strategically use it. Deflect is a godsend in any battle.

Beloved Genius

5,600 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Full closet 200
Xavier Rythos
You've gotta better manage your meter and strategically use it. Deflect is a godsend in any battle.

The timing for that though is like nearly impossible.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
ultraninjamaster108
Xavier Rythos

It really is. It's actually kinda disappointing, how everything's set up...

Interesting Genius

900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
ultraninjamaster108
Xavier Rythos

Xiam
ultraninjamaster108
Xavier Rythos

...it is?

wat.

I successfully deflect 85% of the time. <_<

It's not very hard to time either. Especially when you prepare yourself for it. A person's reaction time increases when they're expecting something. If you can see an attack coming, and your character is in a neutral stance, then chances are a deflect is coming. Just press the button as soon as blade collides with your character. If you get hit, you wont deflect or tag, but if you block, a deflect will come out immediately. It's really about recognizing and prediction.

Like the window to deflect is pretty lenient compared to parrying in 3rd strike, or Powershielding in Smash. Getting technical, but I think the window for a successful deflect is practically 30+ frames, which is like a second since the game runs at 30FPS. Average reaction time is 0.215 seconds. You guys can do it. Just gotta predict when it's going to happen.

Beloved Genius

5,600 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Full closet 200
WHAT THE FREAKIN HECK!!! I randomly do soul crash without even pressing anything, he is still able to hit me during a counter, and he uses tag to much even when he has no orbs!

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Xavier Rythos
ultraninjamaster108
Xavier Rythos

Xiam
ultraninjamaster108
Xavier Rythos

...it is?

wat.

I successfully deflect 85% of the time. <_<

It's not very hard to time either. Especially when you prepare yourself for it. A person's reaction time increases when they're expecting something. If you can see an attack coming, and your character is in a neutral stance, then chances are a deflect is coming. Just press the button as soon as blade collides with your character. If you get hit, you wont deflect or tag, but if you block, a deflect will come out immediately. It's really about recognizing and prediction.

Like the window to deflect is pretty lenient compared to parrying in 3rd strike, or Powershielding in Smash. Getting technical, but I think the window for a successful deflect is practically 30+ frames, which is like a second since the game runs at 30FPS. Average reaction time is 0.215 seconds. You guys can do it. Just gotta predict when it's going to happen.

Not really the point. I can't even tag out most of the time when I've specifically been given enough of the orb to do so. Sometimes I have COUNTER but not TAG. And Deflect only shows up whenever the hell it feels like it.

Interesting Genius

900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
Well, you said it's hard to time, and I gave advice.

So I dont see how it's not related to the point.
Deflect does not show whenever it feels like it. Deflect shows up when you get attacked while blocking, you quickly press the A button while blocking and you deflect, it does great damage.

Beloved Genius

5,600 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Full closet 200
Well thanks guys. I finally beat him. During the daily draw I got 20cash so I used 15 in the lucky capsult place and got a weapon that was rank 7. Enchanted it 3times than beat his butt good lol

Interesting Genius

900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
Freddy117
Deflect does not show whenever it feels like it. Deflect shows up when you get attacked while blocking, you quickly press the A button while blocking and you deflect, it does great damage.

Yeah. I know how it works. Isn't this common knowledge?

Hilarious Noob

1,350 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
JUST DO THE TAG COMBO AND COUNTER, RATHER THAN THE SOUL ATTACK. IT'S WORKS FOR ME. mrgreen

Beloved Genius

5,600 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Full closet 200
ForkUrEyes
JUST DO THE TAG COMBO AND COUNTER, RATHER THAN THE SOUL ATTACK. IT'S WORKS FOR ME. mrgreen

I already beat this boss but like I said he would attack me during my counters and my tag combos wouldn't word because of his high Def and Evade stat (he would either block my combos or I would run out of orbs before I did enough damage)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff