Welcome to Gaia! ::

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Battle: KO 200
I haven't seen one of these yet in here, and considering all the questions and stuff, we should start it while the game is still young! So, welcome to Azana's Soul Crash Guide! I'll do my best to update it as new features are released, and I welcome help in writing it/making it pretty!

CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR: Element Grunt weapon names, special effects of enchanted weapons, IMAGES, and any pro tips!

Rules of this thread:

- NO ADD ME posts. There's an entire subforum for that. Use it.
- NO COMPLAINTS about features. The game is in BETA, which means they're still working on it. Give them some time and space, already.
- IF I'M MISSING SOMETHING, point it out in a civil manner. It's a work in progress, and I don't know everything.
- I AM NOT GAIA STAFF. I can't do anything about problems in Soul Crash, nor can I ban anyone. I'm just trying to help out my Soulmates in understanding the game.

Table of Contents:

- Welcome/Introduction <--- You are here.
- The Elements
- Game Play Mechanics
- Battle Stats
- Weapons
- Enchanting
- Other Items
- Teammates
- Current Quests and Bosses
- Tips and Tricks
- FAQs

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
The Elements of Soul

There are four elements in the Soul Crash world. As of writing this, there is NO WAY to choose or change your element. Whatever the Soulmaster gives you is your "destiny". Most everyone doubts this will always be the case.

Pyre: This element closely corresponds to FIRE. The grunts of this element wear red and white attire, with red buzz cuts. They wield axes, and their stats lean toward ATK for higher damage.

Aqua: The element closely related to WATER. The grunts of this element wear blue and white, with blue hair. They fight with a saber of sorts, and favor the EVADE stat to parry your assaults.

Terra: The element related to EARTH. The grunts of this element wear mostly brown and have brown spiky hair. Their Valeblade is almost like a buster sword and looks like it's made out of rock. Their stats favor DEF to take less damage and outlast their opponents. Terri T, the first boss, is considered a Terra warrior.

Mistral: The element related to AIR. The grunts of this element wear purple and white, with purple bowl cuts. Their blades have a wing motif, and their stats are completely balanced, none outweighing the other.

Skills look to be a feature added in the future, and people believe that they will differ based on element. Similarly, people are wondering if the SOUL CUBES collected from fallen grunts and veterans could have implications in those skills.

- Welcome/Introduction
- The Elements <--- You are here.
- Game Play Mechanics
- Battle Stats
- Weapons
- Enchanting
- Other Items
- Teammates
- Current Quests and Bosses
- Tips and Tricks
- FAQs

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
Game Play Mechanics
(Or, How to Kick a**)

Soul Crash is a very simple fighter, with only three commands you can provide your players. The key to winning your battles lies in timing, your character's statistics, and a little luck. As you fight, your Tension Gauge builds, the four orbs filling with light. Each command requires a little of that tension gauge, so don't spend it all recklessly!!

Tag: This move only requires ONE HALF of an orb, and calls out a team member to swap with you. Not only can this chain your attacks into a devastating combo, it can also come in handy to avoid devastating attacks if you time it properly! Note that you cannot tag if there's only one character left standing!

Az Tip: Tags come in handy when you knock someone across the screen and want to continue a combo!

Counter: This move requires ONE FULL ORB of your gauge, and momentarily makes you invincible as you jump, spin, and land a counterstrike on your opponent! It stuns them momentarily and opens them for a combo. Be careful when you time this one, though; opponents can leave the radius you cover, rendering it useless and leaving yourself open for a strike!

Az Tip: You can counter a counter! Useful if you're having trouble tagging out or want to get in that final blow before they turn the tables on you!

Soul: This move costs TWO FULL ORBs and is basically your hyper combo. You glow purple, your blade gets larger, and you speed up as you beat the snot of out anything in your way! It has a limited time on it, so be careful when you activate it!

Soul Crash: When two players are in Soul mode simultaneously, a Soul Crash occurs. It is currently unclear how to discern which player will emerge on top from this.

Soul Break: When an opponent is in Soul mode, activating your own with a partner in the wings will result in a Soul Break. It cancels out their soul power, deals a good portion of damage, and sends them spinning upward for more combos! Not to mention the slow-motion makes it look neat.

Az Tip: AI opponents use Soul Break often, so make sure they're the last one left, or have very low gauge, if you want to use your Soul Attack on them.

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
Battle Stats
There's Always Room for Improvement!

Every battle you win yields 1 Stat point. Every LEVEL you gain gives you 40 Stat points. The million-dollar question is: Where do you put them?! There is currently no consensus on a "best build", and the level-up bonus to stats allows for a lot of flexibility and experimentation. Find a build that's right for you based on the stats below!

ATK: This stat is simply how much damage you'll deal when you land a hit. The more points, the more you lay on the hurt. This can make for a quick fight, if you don't mind being a glass cannon.

DEF: This stat dictates how much damage you take when you get hit. More points means a hit from your opponent does less and less damage. This can turn you into a wall and drag fights out, but without the damage to back it up, you're delaying the inevitable.

HIT: This stat influences "Guard Crusher" hits, or how often you hit the opponent even through his own defenses! This can make sure your attacks get through, even if they don't do much damage. That can really add up!

EVADE: This stat helps with blocking as well as with parrying attacks so they do no damage to you. Parrying can also open up your opponent to your own attacks. High damage doesn't mean a thing if they can't hit you!

The choice is entirely yours...choose wisely!

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
Weapons Guide
"A warrior's only as strong as their blade." - Abacus, Enchanter

There are a plethora of weapons already available in Soul Crash, and not all of them are created equal. Besides look nicer than others, some weapons have higher base damage or higher levels to which they can be enchanted. These are the ones currently available:

Rusty Sword

Cost: Free (Given as part of Tutorial Quest)
Level Required: None
Base Damage: 0.1
Maximum Enchantment: Level 3

Iron Mace

Cost: 900 Gold
Level Required: 3
Base Damage: 1
Maximum Enchantment: Level 4

Steel Shortsword

Cost: 4300 Gold
Level Required: 11
Base Damage: 2

Featherlight Rapier

Cost: 6600 Gold
Level Required: 6
Base Damage: 2

Crusader's Edge

Cost: 9600 Gold
Level Required: 8
Base Damage: 3
Maximum Enchantment: Level 5
Max Enchant Effect: A cosmetic change in the hilt, and the blade is longer.

Roughneck Mauler

Cost: 15 Cash (Warchest Prize)
Base Damage: 3

Gentleman's Blade

Cost: 49 Cash
Level Required: 7
Base Damage: 4
Maximum Enchantment: Level 7

Dragon Naginata

ELX Battle Sword (Terri T's Blade)

Cost: 120 Cash
Level Required: 10

Brutus (The Teddy Bear)

Base Damage: 5
Soul Effect: Brutus' eyes glow red as he gets an angry vein mark on his head.

Flowing Blade

Base Damage: 5
Enchant Effect: Blade enlargement, teeth on blade.

Demon Eye
Looks like the Soul Edge, if you ask me...

Base Damage: 7
Soul Effect: Blade opens up, looking even more sinister and covering more width.

Cross Blade

Base Damage: 8
Soul Effect: Blade takes on the shape of a cross and brings an auxiliary laser into play.

Onyx Dragon Sword

Superior Katana

Cost: 240 Cash
Maximum Enchant: Level 7
Soul Effect: Blade becomes dual-ended and leaves a splash effect with hits.

Dark Crimson Blade

Cost: 240 Cash

Cloudsplitter

Cost: 150 Ad Views (Earned Rewards Tab)
Level Requirement: 24 (Unconfirmed)

((Still Under Construction))

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
Enchantment
(Why, yes, this does get its own post...)

Buying new weapons is always enjoyable, but enchanting what you've got can make it even stronger while denting your wallet less! Enchantments require Enchant Stones, which basically are blue runes. Where do you get them, though? Excellent Question!!

Daily Reward: Sign on multiple days in a row, and you'll start earning enchant stones in no time!

Daily Victory Prize: You get three for your first victory of the day!

Quest Reward: Some quests will give you enchant stones.

Victory Chests: For winning a whole battle card, some of those treasure chests pack a couple stones.

Scarecrows: Each friend after the first 40 gives you an enchant stone for smacking their scarecrow! It's good to be popular! (Also note: Occasionally, the friend gauge bleeds over to another day, giving you an enchant stone for EVERY FRIEND.)

Cash Shop: One cash a piece.

Warchest Prize: Win up to 1000 stones in a Warchest capsule!

Earned Rewards: Watch an ad for a stone!

Does that seem like a lot? Good. You'll need them. The chances of a successful enchant go DOWN with each level you attempt, and you have to WAIT between levels unless you'd like to pay for it in Cash.

Level 1: 99.9% Success Rate
Level 2: 75% Success Rate
Level 3: 50% Success Rate
Level 4: 30% Success Rate
Level 5: 20% Success Rate
And so on.

If the enchantment fails, your weapon remains INTACT (no breakage here!). You lose the stones, and Abacus gives you a consolation prize (usually gold or energy recharges). You can try again as long as you have the stones for it.

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
Other Item Information
They're there for a reason...I think...

This post is for information on items that are NOT weapons or Enchant Stones. That leaves a lot, though many of them don't appear to factor into the game as of yet.

Energy Recharge + <insert number here>: Pretty self-explanatory. Gives you energy to fight with. Friends can gift +1s to each other right off the bat, and unlock +2 at level 20.

Energy MAX +1: This one's a special case. Not only does it full refill your energy, it PERMANENTLY boosts your maximum energy by one! No wonder they're pricey!

Soul Cubes: Currently only used for a Lucy Crow quest. People are requesting and speculating on their future use, since they cannot be sold.

Reset Stats: For 60 Cash, you can reset all your stats to distribute them as you'd like!

Reset Fatigue Gauge: For 25 Cash, you can reset the fatigue gauges of ALL of your teammates!

Stone Tablet, Ancient Scroll, Secret Tome, and Talisman: These are all giftable items for level 50+, but thus far serve no purpose. As the current level cap is 29, no one possesses these.

((Still Under Construction))

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
Teammates: Your Key to Victory
You do have friends, right...?

You can't have a Facebook game without a feature requiring your friends. Period. In Soul Crash, your friends can literally fight at your side against the rest of the world! Let's go over some basics as far as this part goes...

3 on 3 fights: You and two of your friends versus someone else and their own companions. You CANNOT have any more or less on your team, even if that other "friend" is a mercenary or a moku-doll.

Level Limit: The teammates you use CANNOT be more than 5 levels above you. If someone pops out of your range, better catch up quick! Luckily, you can team up with ANYONE weaker than you.

Sharing Strength: This is currently unconfirmed, but it is popularly believed that your teammates share your stats instead of bringing their own. Many players will bring lower-level characters with higher-damage weapons based on this assumption.

Battle Fatigue: Your friends can only fight ten battles with you before needing to rest for a day. This means you'll be switching out your allies relatively often. Keep this in mind, and have a deep bench of friends to choose from!

What about those Mercenaries?: Again unconfirmed, but the Mercenaries are believed to be a copy of yourself so far as stats and damage. They cost you a certain amount of gold PER FIGHT, often more than you'll win, but never grow tired. Overall, not really worth it if you have a teammate option. If you can't afford the mercenaries and have no teammates available, you get a moku-doll to fight with you. They're not very strong, but they do the trick in a pinch.

Teammates can also, obviously, gift you energy recharges and give you daily "scarecrow" rewards, making them amazing to have around. There's an "Add Me" subforum right here on Gaia where you can find fellow combatants to recruit.

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
Current Quests and Bosses
Is there a point to all this...?

It's not all just random fights, you know. Soul Crash has a few tasks already built into it, and they only promise more as the features develop and the game grows closer to official release.

Tutorial Quest: This chain literally takes you through most all the basic features of the game, from equipping a sword to choosing teammates and visiting friends.

Lucy Crow's Soul Cube Quest: Defeat elemental grunts until you get 4 cubes of each element. Really, it's that simple, but can grow irksome when you can't find an element you need.

Invite Quest: Invite a friend to play Soul Crash for 50 coins. Repeatable.

Terri T Boss Battle: In order to become level 10, you HAVE to defeat her. You can fight NO ONE ELSE until you do. In return, you get to wear her goggles as a trophy.

Sobek Boss Battle: The gatekeeper for level 20. Like Terri, you can't fight anyone else at this point until you beat him. You get his cape as a prize.

((Under Construction...I'm sure there's much more in the future...))

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
Tips and Tricks
Inherit the wisdom of those who have gone before you...

This is the place where knowledge rests...where players are granting newer fighters some well-earned advice in order to further the challenge of the game!

Azana's Tip: Invite Quest - The invite quest pops up time and time again when you leave and return to your street. Do it whenever it pops up, and you won't have to worry much about gold!

Azana's Tip: Cash Priority - You start the game with 12 Cash, and gain 1 when you level. Save up and go for a Warchest capsule at the earliest opportunity. The chance to win a powerful weapon with no level requirement is worth the risk!

Azana's Tip: Abacus Lies - Enchant Stones are EASY to come by. Don't waste your cash on them.

Azana's Tip: Earned Rewards - If this isn't bugged for you, watch all five ads every day. They're short, you can switch tabs while they play, and within a month, you'll have a CloudSplitter for your efforts! Or, if you used the tip above and got something just as good, you can get some quick and cheap Energy MAX +1s.

Azana's Tip: Choose Wisely - Fight the easier battles on your card first to build up some coins. You MUST shuffle every time you lose, and you can more than make up for it with a single victory on the card.

Azana's Tip: Function Before Fashion - Focus your coins on weaponry first, especially if you didn't get something through the Warchest. Then you can make yourself look as pretty as you want. Try mixing and matching set items to make a unique statement that doesn't cost much.

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
FAQs
In case this didn't cover everything...

This is where we tackle questions not covered in the guide, or things I hear asked WAY TOO MANY times.

Why can't we change elements? - Because they haven't gotten to that yet. Until there's a distinct difference in what they do, I bet it won't be a high priority.

Does the armor actually do anything? - Besides make you look cool? No. Will that change? No one knows.

It says we get the boss' armor for beating her, but I only got the goggles!! - You get her GOGGLES for free after you win. Otherwise, you unlock her stuff in the CASH shop.

What do those freaking Soul Cubes do? - We don't know yet. The leading theory right now is that they'll power skills, or perhaps be used in a similarly element-based way.

Ugh, where are the Skills?! - "Coming Soon", according to the game. Give them some time to hammer it out. At least we know they ARE coming.

Why is the level cap at 29? - The third boss isn't ready yet. Until that third boss is released, no one can reach level 30.

There should be <insert feature here>!! - The "Feature Request" subforum is where you need to go. You might find someone already suggested it.

Will you add me? - There's an "Add Me" subforum, FULL of threads where you can ask. Don't litter this forum with it.

Can we use Gaia Cash in Soul Crash? - Not yet. In Monster Galaxy, that feature took a while...I can only assume it'll be the same. Only when its officially released on Gaia will I guess they try to do so.

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
Reserved for added features and stuff.

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
Reserved for added features and stuff.