12,125 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
Son Of Primus
Slothimus Prima
Son Of Primus
Slothimus Prima
The goal is not to buy any form of media, be it movies, music, games or books/magazines.

I post a thread about the boycott here in SOPA forums earlier if you want a better idea as to why we want to do this media boycott in March.

Reason its picked for March is that its the end of the first quarter of economic reports, this boycott is to cause a huge gap in profits to show media corporations that we're fed up up and will not take these censoring attempts lying down. by not buying or downloading any media or going to a cinema. Wait til April, it won't kill you and the governments will notice it more than simple petitions and protests, b/c this will affect them personally as they are the reason for this action.

Hit those rich morons where it hurts, in their wallets.

Thanks, I'll mention this. Do you mind if I quote you?

Nah go for it, i saw the protest idea on Facebook the other day and figured i'd start spreading the news around here on gaia.

This whole fiasco is getting out of hand, what was merely an attempt to stop piracy turned into a full blown Marshall Law of the internet. If you so much as do one thing they consider infringement of copyright you're life is ruined, by extreme fines and extreme prison sentences.

Thanks, your explanation is clear and we need to get as strong as we can. This is something we will object to until it's forced down our throats, then we will hopefully be ready for a revolution. Or a new government system...

A NEW world order!

Dapper Explorer

Slothimus Prima
Son Of Primus

Thanks, your explanation is clear and we need to get as strong as we can. This is something we will object to until it's forced down our throats, then we will hopefully be ready for a revolution. Or a new government system...

A NEW world order!

BY the people, FOR the people! biggrin

Aged Lunatic

12,125 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
Son Of Primus
Slothimus Prima
Son Of Primus

A NEW world order!

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

Dapper Explorer

Slothimus Prima
Son Of Primus
Slothimus Prima
Son Of Primus

A NEW world order!

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

To the streets! scream Nice avatar too. 3nodding

Aged Lunatic

12,125 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
Son Of Primus
Slothimus Prima
Son Of Primus
Slothimus Prima
Son Of Primus

A NEW world order!

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

To the last Bill, to the last Rights, to the last Minute, to the last person, We fight!

Thank you, fellow child of Primus :3

Dapper Explorer

Slothimus Prima
Son Of Primus
Slothimus Prima
Son Of Primus
Slothimus Prima
Son Of Primus

A NEW world order!

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

To the last Bill, to the last Rights, to the last Minute, to the last person, We fight!

Thank you, fellow child of Primus :3

Fully. And you're welcome. smile

Dangerous Shapeshifter

11,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Hamsterliciousness
I made a facebook event Click Here.

Joined it ^_^
But I find all the ppl on my friends list dont care about this :S...weird

Aged Lunatic

12,125 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
Everyone who is asking what buying things have anything to do with these acts.

The answer is simple : EVERYTHING.

these bills, treaties and agreements were started by the music and media industry b/c of all the pirating. now its gone beyond simple 'we want our millions of dollars to go with the other millions of dollars we have!' to 'We are Legion, resistance is futile, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT! All your freedom are belong to us!'

By not buying any form of media (music, games, movies) for just one month will prove to the government they had gone too far. if it doesn't solve this issue then it merely tells them that we will meet them with full resistance. A revolution is upon us and only they have the ability to prevent it by removing this poor attempt at disguising a Marshall Law on the internet.

That's right Marshall Law, they will hang(figuratively) anyone and everyone they deem as a criminal, including young teens. This affects YOU. Your computers are no longer yours, they will be watching you. Just like gov agencies monitor cellphone transmissions they'll monitor every single thing you do on the internet. Our computers leave a trail of bread crumbs every time our IP addresses connect to a website or server.

They will know our secrets and will expose them and use them against us. They will violate our privacy.

AND YOUR GOVERNMENT WILL ALLOW IT TO HAPPEN.

Supportive Elder

12,250 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
Son Of Primus
Alurin The Forsaken One
Feudal Japan will......

what about food and medicine? I get medicine every month I need along with food and house items that are needed like tolit paper, dish soap, ect. and is paying bills still allowed? -asks after raising a hand-
.....Never be the Same -Reference to Inuyasha a Japanese Anime-

Of course. 3nodding We just need an action big enough to cripple the abuse from these deep pocket industries to make sure they don't get too powerful. Generations before us have done so in the past and now we need to.

Feudal Japan will......

Okay -nods- I'll do my best but it will be very hard as I get online to talk to friends on yahoo because if I don't talk to someone other than family I start to lose it sad I don't have many phone numbers and then those that gave me their numbers aren't really home ><

Dapper Explorer

Alurin The Forsaken One
Son Of Primus
Alurin The Forsaken One
Feudal Japan will......

what about food and medicine? I get medicine every month I need along with food and house items that are needed like tolit paper, dish soap, ect. and is paying bills still allowed? -asks after raising a hand-

Of course. 3nodding We just need an action big enough to cripple the abuse from these deep pocket industries to make sure they don't get too powerful. Generations before us have done so in the past and now we need to.

Feudal Japan will......

Okay -nods- I'll do my best but it will be very hard as I get online to talk to friends on yahoo because if I don't talk to someone other than family I start to lose it sad I don't have many phone numbers and then those that gave me their numbers aren't really home ><

Talk to your friends. We just need you to not buy or pirate media, go to the movies, buy books, music or magazines. I changed my first post.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

9,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Millionaire 200
People should not fear the Government....the Government should fear the people.

7,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Signature Look 250

Supportive Elder

12,250 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
Son Of Primus
Alurin The Forsaken One
Son Of Primus
Alurin The Forsaken One
Feudal Japan will......

Feudal Japan will......

Talk to your friends. We just need you to not buy or pirate media, go to the movies, buy books, music or magazines. I changed my first post.

Feudal Japan will......

oh that be easy for me then. I never go to movies cause they have horrid movies out for years now and I get sick in theaters, and for books I love books but normally I buy books at used book sales or at garage sales but towards end of year then I buy from store but that's in like Nov. Dec. when got money saved up, I don't buy any magazines at all haven't since my Shojo Beat and Shojo Jump subscription ran out same for when my Newtype Magazine subscription ran out and that was years ago was still in high school. And I don't buy music because I can't afford to buy it in stores and there is no way in heck I'll ever buy or be able to even afford a ipod to use itunes (don't trust itunes anyway) and I have no clue how to pirate media. I can't even figure out how to burn DVD's with my DVD burner as my 7 came with a DVD burning program and I got no freaking clue how to use it x____x and I don't even thing I can burn audio because tried once and I think it failed >____< so yea I'm not good or know how to pirate. (also know its wrong and illegal so even if I knew how I wouldn't do it at all cause I know its wrong and against the law)

7,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Signature Look 250
For those residing in the United States, there is an official petition on the White House Website to make Obama submit ACTA to the Senate. There is dispute over the President's authority to sign an agreement such as ACTA. Please support this petition and help to stop ACTA.

White House Petition Link:
https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions#!/petition/please-submit-acta-senate-ratification-required-constitution-trade-agreements/VgZJGZMt

Also, there are organizations working against ACTA in the European Parliment. For ACTA to go into effect, the European Parliment must agree and Ratify the proposed International Treaty. To voice your opinion to the European Parliment and those currently working on the treaty, please visit here to learn more.

https://www.laquadrature.net/wiki/How_to_act_against_ACTA

Dapper Explorer

Black March, let's throw some punches at corporate greed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff