Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Seeker

Honestly, as an artist I am all for protecting copyrights and stuff, but I don't think hindering the web for a day is the way to address the issue. Especially for those of us who clicked the "I don't care" button. Seriously. I had never heard of this crap till today but it seems to me that it's a great concept but once again something the USA needs to go about doing differently. I don't want sites to change completely. The Internet is for everyone and the government controlling it would be lame. Really. Communism much??? It would really suck. And lets face it in some cases it's already too late This is not being handled well. Just saying.
Wikipedia will prolly get you a bad grade on your homework anyway, their "facts" are not always accurate. P:

I'm just worried about PhotoBucket. I don't want to lose all my pictures just because they're official game art. :/ People who pirate complete movies and put them online to be viewed for free, or sell bootleged copies, or download songs for free, etc, should be stopped. But if it comes to blocking all images that are copyrighted art for games/anime/movies/etc/etc, that's gonna piss me off. It'll kill all my layouts. An icon using a copyrighted image isn't the same as watching an entire movie for free. I don't want to lose Playlist either, listening to stuff online isn't the same as owning the song and doing whatever I want with it.

Dapper Dabbler

5,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
iCanaan
Wikipedia will prolly get you a bad grade on your homework anyway, their "facts" are not always accurate. P:

I'm just worried about PhotoBucket. I don't want to lose all my pictures just because they're official game art. :/ People who pirate complete movies and put them online to be viewed for free, or sell bootleged copies, or download songs for free, etc, should be stopped. But if it comes to blocking all images that are copyrighted art for games/anime/movies/etc/etc, that's gonna piss me off. It'll kill all my layouts. An icon using a copyrighted image isn't the same as watching an entire movie for free. I don't want to lose Playlist either, listening to stuff online isn't the same as owning the song and doing whatever I want with it.

your stupid

Familiar Seeker

iCanaan

It's not for serious homework. Just some research I need to do in bulk to bs a paper. But anyways...

EXACTLY!! I think it'll be stupid to do that. I'll lose ALL of my YouTube videos because they have copywriter Anime or TV characters. And what about Fanfiction? Where will it stop? Any fanfic sites will be out the window and that will be pretty sucky for me as a writer. I mean, the bill is so not specific. They need to realize the whole Internet isn't to blame and only go after people who are really hindering the artists that way. Or let each site do what they want with it. YouTube doesn't let copywriter stuff stay up. Why should the Government need to take control? Shouldn't they have better things to worry about? Like, isn't there a war going on?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff