Disagree 0.40540540540541 40.5% [ 15 ]
Total Votes:[ 37 ]
1 2 >

Dangerous Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
...these SOPA, PIPA, and ACTA supporters, the record/movie/software companies and organizations like MPAA and RIAA..are just focusing on making money than giving what people want..

...just take look at everything....Music is getting crappier, Movie makers are running out of imagination and ideas (making countless sequels to money making blockbusters), and Video Games are becoming more and more expensive, (and getting more repetitive in terms of game play..well....most of them)

..they hate sharing because they can't make money out of it...
..so they pull the string on the government to start this sh*t like SOPA, PIPA, and ACTA, where they think they can control everything.

If These companies say : file sharing and piracy kills the music/movie industry
I say : Music/Movie never dies..if it did.. its just gonna be replaced by a more selfless, less greedy industry.

These Companies say : they're killing celebrity's careers
I say : They're actually saving them from greed, misery, and substance abuse.

These Companies say : these artist make money through record sales.
I say : i think artists will be more success if their fans themselves spread the music

These Companies say : these people are doing copyright infringement
I say : copyright needs to be Amended anyway..

These Companies say : Money makes the world go around...
I say : nope..your're just a GREEDY PIG that needs to be butchered..*raises Butcher's knife*

if these companies and organization die...the world will be a better place, a place where real, honest, selfless talent rises above all posers and money is the last thing that people want, where information and education can easily reach far in places where bookstores,record stores, and theaters can't..almost free of charge.

TAKE AWAY THE GREED, AND IT WOULD TRULY BE A FREE WORLD...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this thread is now open for comments, and discussions
psyco_bongun22
...these SOPA, PIPA, and ACTA supporters, the record/movie/software companies and organizations like MPAA and RIAA..are just focusing on making money than giving what people want..

...just take look at everything....Music is getting crappier, Movie makers are running out of imagination and ideas (making countless sequels to money making blockbusters), and Video Games are becoming more and more expensive, (and getting more repetitive in terms of game play..well....most of them)

..they hate sharing because they can't make money out of it...
..so they pull the string on the government to start this sh*t like SOPA, PIPA, and ACTA, where they think they can control everything.

If These companies say : file sharing and piracy kills the music/movie industry
I say : Music/Movie never dies..if it did.. its just gonna be replaced by a more selfless, less greedy industry.

These Companies say : they're killing celebrity's careers
I say : They're actually saving them from greed, misery, and substance abuse.

These Companies say : these artist make money through record sales.
I say : i think artists will be more success if their fans themselves spread the music

These Companies say : these people are doing copyright infringement
I say : copyright needs to be Amended anyway..

These Companies say : Money makes the world go around...
I say : nope..your're just a GREEDY PIG that needs to be butchered..*raises Butcher's knife*

if these companies and organization die...the world will be a better place, a place where real, honest, selfless talent rises above all posers and money is the last thing that people want, where information and education can easily reach far in places where bookstores,record stores, and theaters can't..almost free of charge.

TAKE AWAY THE GREED, AND IT WOULD TRULY BE A FREE WORLD...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this thread is now open for comments, and discussions

"These Companies say : they're killing celebrity's careers
I say : They're actually saving them from greed, misery, and substance abuse."
lolwut.
Pirates and torrents aren't saving any celebrity from anything. They're simply choosing the easiest way to get the media they want which is free and fast.
I don't think it's greedy to be pretty upset when an incredible amount of your downloads were for free. Some artists even resort to selling their music for a buck...even then it's usually ignored for some torrent on Demonoid,
And substance abuse? I got a feel this is a joke but most of these artists were already into drugs before they became big.

"These Companies say : these artist make money through record sales.
I say : i think artists will be more success if their fans themselves spread the music"
Well, the companies are right. They will make money if their records sell.
And success can mean different things to different people. All in all it can have nothing or everything to do with money.

Personally, I do support freedom of information.
But, a lot of money needs to be put into making an album. And sure, artists can get money from touring but a lot others who helped create the album don't get that tour money(Studios, etc)
I do think 18$ for an album that might be s**t is pretty stupid. What I like to do is listen to the album first. If I love it, I send some money to the talented people who made it by buying it on vinyl or CD.
Video games have definitely gotten too expensive. I don't see why they're 64$ simply because of graphics. I haven't really paid attention to blue ray prices but I don't remember paying so much for a new DVD. And I'm pretty sure movies and games have about just as many people working on them.
Quote:
Games getting expensive...

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Oh you. Prices on the NINTENDO 64 used to be the SAME as the PS3 and 360. Yes, a CARTRIDGE system had the same price for their games as High Def consoles. In other words, games are actually CHEAPER now than their were back then.

Durem Champion

I think the pirates need to die because they are the ones that caused all this debate in the first place. They were the greedy ones who wanted everything for free.

See how I turned it around! In truth, nobody should die over something as small as SOPA, PIPA, ACTA, or any others. They are bad bills, but have you seen the great firewall of china? Much worse. Noone needs to die over a piece of legislation.

2,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
that may be true about the console, but the cartridge games themselve were not 50 dollars a game.
Just_Oneofakind
Quote:

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Oh you. Prices on the NINTENDO 64 used to be the SAME as the PS3 and 360. Yes, a CARTRIDGE system had the same price for their games as High Def consoles. In other words, games are actually CHEAPER now than their were back then.
Nope. I'm not wrong with the price of cartridges.

User Image

Once again, I'm right. Everyone else is wrong.

Hilarious Heckler

7,850 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
If anything the modern music/game/movie giants are indeed stagnating and, in the wake of the new-media of internet with its piracy of its goods, SOPA is the imperfect tool to protect copyright AND to perpetuate the old system and its major industries. I would not be surprised in the future if a big movie studio or a record company, if these companies do not change and fluctuate with the market like they have done in the past economic models of change, if our government bails them out too...keeping the old rickity systems alive long past due in a former-healthier capitalistic system.

Durem Champion

Just_Oneofakind
Nope. I'm not wrong with the price of cartridges.

User Image

Once again, I'm right. Everyone else is wrong.

Actually thats not the same. Xbox 360 and PS3 games are 59.99 new. 39.99 for handhelds from nintendo. So the older games were more expensive than they are now. wink

Dangerous Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
Just_Oneofakind
Quote:

actually...i agree with you there..considering that game cartridges are HARDER TO CREATE COPIES AND THE COMPLEXITY OF MAKING ONE...

PS3 and 360 games may be cheaper..but these companies rips you off with 5-10 times more profit than they supposed to...
with today's technology...you can easily make single copy for like...1-3 american dollars,

Dangerous Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
Stawpsign

lolwut.
Pirates and torrents aren't saving any celebrity from anything. They're simply choosing the easiest way to get the media they want which is free and fast.
I don't think it's greedy to be pretty upset when an incredible amount of your downloads were for free. Some artists even resort to selling their music for a buck...even then it's usually ignored for some torrent on Demonoid,
And substance abuse? I got a feel this is a joke but most of these artists were already into drugs before they became big.

I say : i think artists will be more success if their fans themselves spread the music"
And success can mean different things to different people. All in all it can have nothing or everything to do with money.

Video games have definitely gotten too expensive. I don't see why they're 64$ simply because of graphics. I haven't really paid attention to blue ray prices but I don't remember paying so much for a new DVD. And I'm pretty sure movies and games have about just as many people working on them.

..what? Did god gave anyone a talent, or a voice with a price tag on it?....
...firstly...a true artist never even think of making money from their talent..if they do, they're nothing but sellouts..

...and secondly...these companies employs too many people as an excuse for an rich executive to be richer.... yet their slaves...uh i mean....employees still get underpaid..
_____ wahmbulance ___
____________|O|

Ambulance.
psyco_bongun22
Stawpsign

lolwut.

..what? Did god gave anyone a talent, or a voice with a price tag on it?....
...firstly...a true artist never even think of making money from their talent..if they do, they're nothing but sellouts..

...and secondly...these companies employs too many people as an excuse for an rich executive to be richer.... yet their slaves...uh i mean....employees still get underpaid..

Well, I'm sure that they're expecting soooome money for their work seeing as they sometimes invest so much time and money into creating their music and go without seeing their family for weeks just because they're on tour.
If they're selling their music at FYE or on Itunes...I'm pretty sure they are looking for money for their work.
They aren't sellouts for saying "Hey, listen to some music we made. We need some money to fund our equipment, personal lives, etc. Thanks for helping us out"
what retards DISAGREE"D WTH REATARADS

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces