Welcome to Gaia! ::

Alien Bandit

29,340 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Hero 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
User Image

ACTA officially goes live TONIGHT! Now is the time to give them your opinions on what you think of the bill and put a stop to it! Don't let up people we killed SOPA and PIPA and we can kill ACTA!!

Anti-ACTA Petition!

Invisible Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100

7,150 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Signature Look 250
For those residing in the United States, there is an official petition on the White House Website to make Obama submit ACTA to the Senate. There is dispute over the President's authority to sign an agreement such as ACTA. Please support this petition and help to stop ACTA.

White House Petition Link:

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions#!/petition/please-submit-acta-senate-ratification-required-constitution-trade-agreements/VgZJGZMt

Another US white house petition against ACTA itself is here:

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/!/petition/end-acta-and-protect-our-right-privacy-internet/MwfSVNBK

Also, there are organizations working against ACTA in the European Parliment. For ACTA to go into effect, the European Parliment must agree and Ratify the proposed International Treaty. To voice your opinion to the European Parliment and those currently working on the treaty, please visit here to learn more.

https://www.laquadrature.net/wiki/How_to_act_against_ACTA
This is a serious matter that will ruin both the U.S. AND Europe! Which means that those using copyrighted material for fair use (or fair dealing as it is called in Europe) will be punished!

Generous Fatcat

13,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
HOLY ******** s**t!
They actually DARED to vote on ACTA yesterday?! And Belgium signed?!
They are SO going to regret this!
THIS MEANS WAR!

6,600 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Conversationalist 100
I'm strongly against ACTA. If ACTA passes, I'll be devastated. We have to take action to protect our Internet!

Invisible Dark Elf

31,125 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
ACTA was apparently secretly signed in October 2011, and I think UK is just now jumping on board.

But it's not due to officially take effect until 2013.

Explorer

Decisive Gekko

7,575 Points
  • Voter 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • I Get Knocked Down... 50
More than just Europe. Japan already signed too.

Invisible Sex Symbol

Korea, Australia, The Europe Union, and of course the US, has already signed. I heard ACTA is going into effect in 2013. We can still stop it though.

Partying Regular

6,700 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
For those who wan't to know about it, but don't understand it, click here for an easier to understand version.

OG Smoker

8,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
"You better believe all you do has a sense, it's not for nothing...

BUMP.

...You better believe all the troubles you have will pay you someday."

6,300 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Heckler 50
The government can pass all the laws they want, but no one touches our Internet!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff