Welcome to Gaia! ::

I for one, am all for what Anonymous speaks of. Its true, most of what they say, but in all reality they are just trying to break down the government all-together. We need our government, without it we would be nothing but savage people. Murder && rape would be more frequent that it already is && there would be no law to stop it. eek
Yes, SOPA/PIPA is downright bull-poop rolleyes BUT everyone must also understand that the government is also trying to protect us. They need to make changes to the bill, but they aren't trying to be as horrible as they are being portrayed right now.
Think about it. What if you were in a band, getting your records/albums/songs released && all the effort you put into that stuff was being taken away by things like Limewire && Frostwire. I, myself, used/use those, but Congress is just trying to help. emo
Lol, I may sound like a complete prude, but I am not for the government. I just hate that many people do not understand the complexity of the situation that's at hand.
If you have any questions regarding any of this && the new bills that are being passed, please reply or message me. I am here for all to listen. heart

Dangerous Lunatic

BrixxiBear
I for one, am all for what Anonymous speaks of. Its true, most of what they say, but in all reality they are just trying to break down the government all-together. We need our government, without it we would be nothing but savage people. Murder && rape would be more frequent that it already is && there would be no law to stop it. eek
Yes, SOPA/PIPA is downright bull-poop rolleyes BUT everyone must also understand that the government is also trying to protect us. They need to make changes to the bill, but they aren't trying to be as horrible as they are being portrayed right now.
Think about it. What if you were in a band, getting your records/albums/songs released && all the effort you put into that stuff was being taken away by things like Limewire && Frostwire. I, myself, used/use those, but Congress is just trying to help. emo
Lol, I may sound like a complete prude, but I am not for the government. I just hate that many people do not understand the complexity of the situation that's at hand.
If you have any questions regarding any of this && the new bills that are being passed, please reply or message me. I am here for all to listen. heart

At heart, I identify with a very anarcho-capitalistic and freedom-based ideology. At heart I feel that everything on the internet should be free and uncontrolled, but also I believe capitalism is the way to go.
I do, however, believe, that capitalism needs social-based institutions to keep it balanced. Capitalism has a tendency to create/support authoritarianism/totalitarianism, so it needs to be controlled by a social consensus. Democracy is at it's core a social consensus, but parliamentary democracy often fails at being about social consensus. As we have seen with the whole internet control pact the government doesn't want to listen to social consensus and they believe that they are the ones who should make laws, not the society. I can't agree with this, to me this is not democracy, it is a totalitarian regime.

Especially in modern society and with the growth of the World Wide Web (or maybe I should say, the global mind xd ), I believe we need to develop a more direct, participatory democracy where government is always under the control of the social consensus. Especially with the Arab Spring and what recently happened in Iceland this is the time to act. I'm not from USA, but I think this is not an USA problem, it is a global problem and everyone needs to band together.

There are no perfect solutions, many have been tried and many have failed. The only thing we can do is keep trying to make it better. To me, I believe in a more direct government as a means for a better world. Even if I would have to give up some of my views or freedoms for the sake of a social consensus, but not for the sake of a small ruling party. And in the social consensus, I would like for my voice to at least be heard.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff