Welcome to Gaia! ::

Enduring Gaian

I will say with honesty that copyright is important, but complete control of material online has to have some monetary purpose for the government to push so hard.

Lately that's all our government has been about is the money these days.

Invisible Browser

8,350 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Almost everything is about money today.
Honest opinion:
The president is the puppet of the government who is the puppet of big business. Disney, CBS, the whole nine yards are only doing it to fish out more money, even if it means pressing charges on people in and out of this country just to get it. Ironic thing is, these said companies had as much to do with things like BitTorrent as the accused pirates themselves. Look up Mike Mozart and SOPA and you'll see what I mean.

Durem Champion

Carnie Von Kaz
Honest opinion:
The president is the puppet of the government who is the puppet of big business. Disney, CBS, the whole nine yards are only doing it to fish out more money, even if it means pressing charges on people in and out of this country just to get it. Ironic thing is, these said companies had as much to do with things like BitTorrent as the accused pirates themselves. Look up Mike Mozart and SOPA and you'll see what I mean.

Thats wrong. Companies like Disney and CBS gave out File sharing programs. So people could Share files. Other people used it to pirate and so they sued them. What your describing would be saying a company that sells programs to look for security holes in your networks, supports hackers because hackers can also use those programs to attack those holes instead of fix them.

It comes down to the user, not the distributer of software. You choose to use it for its purpose or for the wrong reason, not the company.

Also, Mike Mozart is a manipulative, fear mongering person who misleads masses into spreading his word of fear like a cult. You shouldn't listen to him, as he leaves out HUGE pieces of information to keep you scared. He doesn't speak the truth, only part of it.

Shameless Heckler

12,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Infix
Carnie Von Kaz
Honest opinion:

Thats wrong. Companies like Disney and CBS gave out File sharing programs. So people could Share files. Other people used it to pirate and so they sued them. What your describing would be saying a company that sells programs to look for security holes in your networks, supports hackers because hackers can also use those programs to attack those holes instead of fix them.

It comes down to the user, not the distributer of software. You choose to use it for its purpose or for the wrong reason, not the company.

Also, Mike Mozart is an manipulative, fear mongering person who misleads masses into spreading his word of fear like a cult. You shouldn't listen to him, as he leaves out HUGE pieces of information to keep you scared. He doesn't speak the truth, only part of it.

Dozens of people are riding on the back of the SOPA protests to push their own political agendas.
There are also thousands of idiots out there who have only heard half truths and are now spreading mass hysteria.
Not to mention the conspiracy theorists who are using this as proof of their own hair-brained ideas about what the ebil governments and their mysterious backers (such as the Illuminati, lizard people, Freemasons, Jews... ) are up to.

Enduring Gaian

Many say that this is a means of control, which is mostly correct. I also see it as a means to force people out of their money by mass lawsuits. That being said, I believe this is a way to force people to spend their money, one way or another.

Oiolosseo's Husband

Dangerous Player

17,500 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
Stop ACTA w Polsce

Hilarious Seeker

3,350 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
this is really sad.

Durem Champion

washu_2004
Infix
Carnie Von Kaz
Honest opinion:

Also, Mike Mozart is an manipulative, fear mongering person who misleads masses into spreading his word of fear like a cult. You shouldn't listen to him, as he leaves out HUGE pieces of information to keep you scared. He doesn't speak the truth, only part of it.

Dozens of people are riding on the back of the SOPA protests to push their own political agendas.
There are also thousands of idiots out there who have only heard half truths and are now spreading mass hysteria.
Not to mention the conspiracy theorists who are using this as proof of their own hair-brained ideas about what the ebil governments and their mysterious backers (such as the Illuminati, lizard people, Freemasons, Jews... ) are up to.
agreed. Also lol at lizard people. Those conspiracy theorists always make me laugh smile

Wheezing Ladykiller

11,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
There's a universe inside my mind...

We we certainly don't have much of it...They have to do something to make money, even if it is pissing off everyone/scaring us with ideas the government will block websites,censor them, and telling us the government can spy on us...Everything costs money...they couldn't possibly do all the things some websites have promised.

Full of secrets that I'm yet to find.

Merry Demigod

It's like we've worked for two entire decades
Developing something that gives each of us
The ability and access to express ourselves
As individuals
What happened to our freedom?
It seems like this is yet another force field
The government has inflicted upon us to enable more control
More power..
Why do we have the least of the say?
Why is it that the uneducated of the Internet
Are the ones calling all the shots?
The ones that don't understand the concept of the world wide web..
Each and everyone of us is a product of the Internet
The Internet is a product of us!
It has grown with us and nourished within our generation
And as it stands now I will not let it be taken control of
By some power hungry ********

******** S.O.P.A.!

The Internet allows us a chance at gaining more access to tools which would in turn
Speed the process of learning, communicating and sharing
It enables us to gain awareness of what's happening across the globe
And share what we see or hear
Social networking sites have granted us the ability to share information that much easier
Songs, pictures, videos
How could something as simple as posting a link generated by the Internet
Be classified as copyright infringement
Therefore forcing sites to feel obligated to take them all down
What would the Internet really be without rebloging, reposting, retweeting
The Internet was created to make lives easier, not harder
The Internet was developed to break our limits, not create them

Oh yeah

******** S.O.P.A.!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8p_A5KrwGc[/quote

Please Post on as many other Sopa Threads as possible!

( Started by AnarchyInTheSoul. Song Belongs to Arion )

Vicious Vampire

13,125 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
These days? It isn't exactly a recent thing. What do you expect froma capitalist government?

Vicious Vampire

13,125 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
Infix
Also, Mike Mozart is a manipulative, fear mongering person who misleads masses into spreading his word of fear like a cult. You shouldn't listen to him, as he leaves out HUGE pieces of information to keep you scared. He doesn't speak the truth, only part of it.

I'm sorry but it sounds to me like you are talking about the mainstream media instead of Mike Mozart.

Durem Champion

Camool
Infix

I'm sorry but it sounds to me like you are talking about the mainstream media instead of Mike Mozart.
nope, I'd rather listen to the media than Mozart. He's an evil, manipulative man who's lieing to all of you to keep you in fear. The media stretches or exaggerated the truth, it doesn't lie. Mike Mozart is making half the people against bills like sopa look like full fledged retards

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff