Welcome to Gaia! ::

The sad part is it's not over with still. It'll be back.

Vicious Vampire

13,125 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
Infix
Camool
Infix
Also, Mike Mozart is a manipulative, fear mongering person who misleads masses into spreading his word of fear like a cult. You shouldn't listen to him, as he leaves out HUGE pieces of information to keep you scared. He doesn't speak the truth, only part of it.

I'm sorry but it sounds to me like you are talking about the mainstream media instead of Mike Mozart.
nope, I'd rather listen to the media than Mozart. He's an evil, manipulative man who's lieing to all of you to keep you in fear. The media stretches or exaggerated the truth, it doesn't lie. Mike Mozart is making half the people against bills like sopa look like full fledged retards

You seriously don't believe the mainstream media lies? I'm sorry but you are the one being manipulated and believing the lies.

Wild Comrade

Your depth perception may be different from mine if it's all "deep down."

Durem Champion

Camool
Infix
Camool
Infix
Also, Mike Mozart is a manipulative, fear mongering person who misleads masses into spreading his word of fear like a cult. You shouldn't listen to him, as he leaves out HUGE pieces of information to keep you scared. He doesn't speak the truth, only part of it.

I'm sorry but it sounds to me like you are talking about the mainstream media instead of Mike Mozart.
nope, I'd rather listen to the media than Mozart. He's an evil, manipulative man who's lieing to all of you to keep you in fear. The media stretches or exaggerated the truth, it doesn't lie. Mike Mozart is making half the people against bills like sopa look like full fledged retards

You seriously don't believe the mainstream media lies? I'm sorry but you are the one being manipulated and believing the lies.

Like I said, they stretch the truth and filter out news stories for manipulation. Thats not lieing. Mike Mozart will lie to your face and still get you to spread his word like a cult. There isn't a single video Mike made about SOPA, ACTA, or anything political that hasn't been filled with lies.

Vicious Vampire

13,125 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
Infix
Camool
Infix
Camool
Infix

Like I said, they stretch the truth and filter out news stories for manipulation. Thats not lieing. Mike Mozart will lie to your face and still get you to spread his word like a cult. There isn't a single video Mike made about SOPA, ACTA, or anything political that hasn't been filled with lies.

I don't know if he is a liar or not, I haven't looked into the evidence he has provided but he can't possibly be lying more than the mainstream media. They do not just stretch the truth for manipulation a lot of the time they do outright lie.

Durem Champion

Camool
Infix
Camool
Infix
Camool
Infix

I don't know if he is a liar or not, I haven't looked into the evidence he has provided but he can't possibly be lying more than the mainstream media. They do not just stretch the truth for manipulation a lot of the time they do outright lie.

They don't outright lie though, unless they're expressing their opinion on the story they may lie about facts to support their side or something, but if you watch the news to hear the reporters opinion about it, you really shouldn't watch the news. Mike on the otherhand, only lies. And I'll give you examples.

First, the most popular. He says that the companies that support SOPA also support pirating. He goes on to give his evidence that they provided people with the pirating software and taught them how to use it, so they support pirating!

Thats a lie. There is no such thing as pirating software. There is file sharing software, and companies like Disney and viacom taught people how to file share, not pirate. The user decided to use those programs to steal, and none of the companies that support SOPA support that. There is a big difference between file-sharing and pirating.

The next example. He said that kid from england being extradited over the the US was being charged thousands of dollars for just linking to pirated material. What he didn't mention is that pirated material made him over 200 thousand dollars and hes being tried for that.

He also said since they have megauploads servers, every person that ever downloaded anything pirated off of mega upload WILL be charge 150,000 dollars per file. This is the farthest thing from the truth I've ever heard. Believing the holocaust didn't exist is easier than believing this lie. Theres too many people that used mega upload, the investigation would be so massive, and so costly it wouldnt do anything except fill our prisons with innocent people. What will more likely happen is they will go after those who uploaded big pirating downloads. The guy who put call of duties source code on mega upload, people who put copies of botnets like Zeus on megaupload. That sort of thing. They aren't going to charge every person who ever pirated, and certainly not the maximum fine, but mike mozart certainly has no problem telling people they will.

Mike Mozart lies all the time, and because people are afraid of what will happen if these bills pass, and because most of you are just hearing about them now and getting too much information at once, people get scared easy, and then start spreading his videos.

Benevolent Loiterer

11,700 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Generous 100
  • Big Tipper 100
Darius Runan
I will say with honesty that copyright is important, but complete control of material online has to have some monetary purpose for the government to push so hard.
Lately that's all our government has been about is the money these days.

because a decade of pointless war has demolished the economy

Enduring Gaian

DiscoPug
Darius Runan
I will say with honesty that copyright is important, but complete control of material online has to have some monetary purpose for the government to push so hard.

because a decade of pointless war has demolished the economy

Doesn't mean the government should find some cheap tactic to get money from the people. Not to mention their obvious desire for control of all content for that very purpose.
Sopa can suck it
since when haven't people been greedy
like various people said, the corporations who support these sad excuses of bills, made the products for file sharing, and then have the balls to sue the people who use them, it's like giving a person a hunting rifle, and then suing them for killing an animal with it
all these a--holes care about it having a pushy little life while making the helpless ones suffer

Hygienic Voter

100% about money - govt doesnt care if you watch movies and s**t...they are getting money out of pretending to care by big movie companies and s**t...
Darius Runan

Yes, my point exactly. I understand COMPLETELY that copyright is important, because think about it:say you made a product, that took FOREVER and lots of time consuming effort, and a quite substantial amount of money to produce, and someone stole your idea and began selling something identical at a lower price, you would be HELLA pissed.

But there IS a limit, a boundary, a line, sort of, between the regions of Sane, and IN-sane, ex: SOPA. They would basically say that the government has a chokehold on the internet. What they would basically be doing, is, for example:

Say a guy made a website, and it was VERY succesful, and it was all he had, his livelihood. and say it was similar to gaia, very much like a socialnetwork/mmog, (or whatever youd describe gaia as), and it supported user-based content. Now say, this spammer popped up, saying {"FREE SONY PLAYSTATION 3, CLICK NOW", and he had NOTHING TO DO WITH IT WHATSOEVER. well, SONY could go and say that,"hey, that guys ruining our business, and it's copyright infringement", well they could get him shut down.

He would have nothing once more....v_v'

Dangerous Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
I think...its time we should butcher these greedy pigs...
It's not "deep down" about money.
It's pretty much what the entire bill is about(The censorship aside)...

Desirable Capitalist

9,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
1oo% about money.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers