Welcome to Gaia! ::

MidnightTux's Princess

Bashful Star

1. Did SOPA pass/get voted on?
2. Did ACTA get voted on and if so what was the outcome?
3. What will happen if one/both pass?
heart Thanks! heart

MidnightTux's Princess

Bashful Star

Sopa didn't pass! If it passed then all the websites that has copywrited stuff would get removed from the inter webs :p

MidnightTux's Princess

Bashful Star

Khuky
Sopa didn't pass! If it passed then all the websites that has copywrited stuff would get removed from the inter webs :p

LOL there would be no such thing as the internet then

2,600 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Junior Trader 100
-I-Ice-Princess-I-
Khuky

Oh...........Wow

Desirable Sophomore

6,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
-I-Ice-Princess-I-
Khuky

There would be. They'd just remove everything funny, everything entertaining, and......everything else.
-I-Ice-Princess-I-
Khuky

Exactly! That's probably why it didn't pass
I think SOPA got shelved.. meaning they are waiting for a later date to vote on it..
and as for ACTA..it may have gotten shelved as well.. i also remember reading some where that they may have changed the name of ACTA...to try and pass it "under the radar"
I just don't get it? Whats all this SOPA supposed to be?? question
In the end, we are nowhere. Sleepless and still intact.
Maybe we shouldn't fall asleep. Saving what was left behind.

SOPA, as far as anyone knows, has been shelved. After the massive outcry against it, it was pulled back to be re-worked. Or until everyone forgets that it exists.
ACTA hasn't. It's still around and the problem with it is that Obama has already signed his okay on it, although he did it outside of his actual power.
Should SOPA pass, certain websites will probably go down, and full-scale chaos will break out.
ACTA is a little more complicated as it doesn't so much directly deal with just the internet but also the trade of medicine to some impoverished countries, as well as a lot of other non-internet related things.

Standing outside the chalk outline. Beside ourselves in time.
The only thing I want is the last thing I need. Awake and sleepless as stars shine.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff