Lvitoula
Infix
x-Pretty Girl Cherish

╔════════ ════════╗

If they shut down the internet,
I'm packing my things and moving
back to England.

╚════════ ════════╝
don't worry, they won't. OP just didn't read what she posted before posting it. If it does get shut down its because you got yourself infected with a virus, not because of the government is shutting you down.

You do have a point, but wouldn't that still count as the government blocking you from the internet? I'm a bit confused.
well, yes and no. They are shutting down servers that let computers with a virus access the internet. So the virus will be back, and you won't be able to. But that's not the governments fault, you can regain access by reinstalling your operating system. And then everything would be back to normal. It's not some "government wants to take everyone's rights away" kinda thing though
Infix
Lvitoula
Infix
x-Pretty Girl Cherish

╔════════ ════════╗

back to England.

╚════════ ════════╝
don't worry, they won't. OP just didn't read what she posted before posting it. If it does get shut down its because you got yourself infected with a virus, not because of the government is shutting you down.

You do have a point, but wouldn't that still count as the government blocking you from the internet? I'm a bit confused.
well, yes and no. They are shutting down servers that let computers with a virus access the internet. So the virus will be back, and you won't be able to. But that's not the governments fault, you can regain access by reinstalling your operating system. And then everything would be back to normal. It's not some "government wants to take everyone's rights away" kinda thing though
You don't even have to reinstall your operating system. There's a guide in the Computers and Technology forum on how to remove redirect viruses - it's a bit complicated, but basically you remove the infection, remove the permissions it gave itself and reselect your original DNS server.
Infix
Lvitoula
Infix
x-Pretty Girl Cherish

╔════════ ════════╗

back to England.

╚════════ ════════╝

Oh, I see now. Thanks! biggrin
Pfff, guess it just never occurred to me that there are, in fact, ways to get back online despite being blocked. Whoops... sweatdrop

Loving Elder

I had read this. It's pretty interesting. Partly due to these computers acting as botnets. It will be interesting to see how this turns out.
4 teh lulz

Durem Champion

Kilted
Infix
Lvitoula
Infix
x-Pretty Girl Cherish

╔════════ ════════╗

back to England.

╚════════ ════════╝

You don't even have to reinstall your operating system. There's a guide in the Computers and Technology forum on how to remove redirect viruses - it's a bit complicated, but basically you remove the infection, remove the permissions it gave itself and reselect your original DNS server.

Yeah I know that. But DNSchanger is a tricky one to fully get rid of. So I simply stated the simplest option. sweatdrop

Invisible Humorist

Shut down the internet. s**t would be so cash.
Here's an article from RT. I find this site unrestricted and full of good info

http://rt.com/usa/news/fbi-internet-server-servers-409/

Here's a youtube link to a guy reading it out and giving his views
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOyHmdwnxa4

Spread the word and unite your friends and family. If the net does go down we may lose contact with EVERYONE.

8,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Profitable 100

Durem Champion

Also, I like how when someone says the government is shutting down your internet, even if it really isn't, everyone rages. But when anonymous DOES threaten to shut off the internet everyone cheers. Hypocrites. (By the way that last part wasn't neccisarily directed at anyone in here, but this hot topic in general)
I will let you know what happened on March 8th.

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
UndamagedRook
Here's an article from RT. I find this site unrestricted and full of good info

http://rt.com/usa/news/fbi-internet-server-servers-409/

Here's a youtube link to a guy reading it out and giving his views
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOyHmdwnxa4

Spread the word and unite your friends and family. If the net does go down we may lose contact with EVERYONE.

Seriously?
You want me to get the inside scoop on what the FBI is really doing from a Russian television station known Russian propaganda? That's kind of funny. I suspect RT has as much bias as Fox. smile

Shameless Heckler

12,225 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
This may be relevant.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/sopa/if-your-familiar-with-anonymous-s-planned-anti-sopa-ddos/t.77977063/

Anon is planning to do this on march the 8th and false flag the FBI as being responsible.

Durem Champion

washu_2004
This may be relevant.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/sopa/if-your-familiar-with-anonymous-s-planned-anti-sopa-ddos/t.77977063/

Anon is planning to do this on march the 8th and false flag the FBI as being responsible.

I'm fairly sure the date they are doing it is march 31st. On a side note, this is a pretty interesting article on the subject.
Link

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces