Welcome to Gaia! ::

Stone-cold Warlord

11,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tooth Fairy 100
I stopped buying media except books and magazines some time ago. I expect this not to be very difficult for me. There's a list of companies supporting such legislation and I intend to keep boycotting them after March. Either way, they're responsible of stifling innovation in every conceivable field and only when they are gone for good can media trading systems more in line with the Internet Age be implemented.
Can someone answer why we can't download stuff? That doesn't make sense to me. If we're trying to show the big entertainment people that we don't care, shouldn't we ONLY be downloading things illegally?

5,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
What's the difference between a hairy v****a and a dead baby?
You don't have to shave the dead baby to ******** it.

5,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Sounds simple and effective enough. I certainly hope this opens a few eyes... I can deal with the government doing pretty much anything, but when they start messing with my internet, I mean business! 4laugh

Shy Sex Symbol

10,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
Dodge Talon
Can someone answer why we can't download stuff? That doesn't make sense to me. If we're trying to show the big entertainment people that we don't care, shouldn't we ONLY be downloading things illegally?

I think its because we're only supposed to boycott big name medias. I think what we're supposed to support is the independent companies of books,music, and such. it says here

Quote:
Regarding Black March: If you want to do something that makes a statement, consider shifting your money not only away from corporate media but to independent media. Buy comics published by someone other than DC and Marvel. Buy books from small and independent presses. Support independent production companies who fight to stay independent and fan-focused. Better yet, buy things directly from creators and artisans. Support independent retailers. Don't just blanket punish media producers and distributors—refocus those resources into supporting the ones who espouse and depend on free exchange of information and ideas. Because those are the people preserving intellectual freedom. Those are the people creating work of substance. And those are the people struggling to make a living, because they aren't bankrolled by the Corporate Elite lobbying for SOPA and PIPA.

I wish there was a FAQs though because it would help me understand better as well.
I think if you download illigally your in a way supporting the big names that are for the acts that will inevitably destroy the internet. Even if you're not buying your showing that you like their material enough to risk getting arrested or something. I could be wrong

Shy Sex Symbol

10,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
UndamagedRook
I have a nasty idea this will happen in England too. In fact it will affect the whole damn world.

I was gonna buy some good anime too, but I can wait a month.

The net may go down, possibly forever, I dunno... Just make sure you unite your friends and family just in case, never lose contact.

Good luck to everyone, I hope we can defeat this fascist blackout.

I would hope that the internet doesn't go down because it has brought good things to the world. Yes it has also brought bad. but good can't exist without bad unfortunately.

Shy Sex Symbol

10,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Tycoon 200
GrimKarasu
What's the difference between a hairy v****a and a dead baby?
You don't have to shave the dead baby to ******** it.

WTF?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces