Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian

THeSLuSH

AvenirLegacy

THeSLuSH

And furthermore, just because a woman has sex she is considered rotten?

I don't believe I said that. Seems like an assumption you made up based on vague and incomplete information.

It was not assumption, it was a question. Maybe you could clarify your statement "a few rotten girls who think it is ok to spread their legs, insert a man, and call themselves contributors to society" so that I better understand what you are saying. The way I read it, you are saying that women who have sex are rotten.

Ah, in answer to your question, No, sex does not make a woman rotten.

I meant my comment in the following: Women who simply consider themselves superior just because they are women are 'rotten', to use your words. Nice legs, breasts, an ample wallet, and a smile does not make you any better than any other woman or any other man, in fact, it makes you less human. Women as these simply play on societies vulgar crowd and do little to contribute to a positive social image of American women in general, as well as "the men they ensnare" if you'll permit me to be slightly poetic.

Lucky Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I'm ever so slightly disturbed that there was no honorable mention of Humanitarianism in there. Granted, it's not relevant in its entirety, conceptually Humanitarianism would be the middle ground that'd include both.

Sparkly Lunatic

AvenirLegacy
THeSLuSH

AvenirLegacy

THeSLuSH

And furthermore, just because a woman has sex she is considered rotten?

I don't believe I said that. Seems like an assumption you made up based on vague and incomplete information.

It was not assumption, it was a question. Maybe you could clarify your statement "a few rotten girls who think it is ok to spread their legs, insert a man, and call themselves contributors to society" so that I better understand what you are saying. The way I read it, you are saying that women who have sex are rotten.

Ah, in answer to your question, No, sex does not make a woman rotten.

I meant my comment in the following: Women who simply consider themselves superior just because they are women are 'rotten', to use your words. Nice legs, breasts, an ample wallet, and a smile does not make you any better than any other woman or any other man, in fact, it makes you less human. Women as these simply play on societies vulgar crowd and do little to contribute to a positive social image of American women in general, as well as "the men they ensnare" if you'll permit me to be slightly poetic.

While I may not completely agree with you, I get your point now :3
Tarako6
I'm ever so slightly disturbed that there was no honorable mention of Humanitarianism in there. Granted, it's not relevant in its entirety, conceptually Humanitarianism would be the middle ground that'd include both.

I made such a mention, how much honour beyond that could you wish upon it?

Lucky Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
CH1YO
Tarako6

I made such a mention, how much honour beyond that could you wish upon it?

I meant the OP doesn't mention it. xD...but glad to see someone else posted it as well I suppose. heart
the derps
anybody against feminism is an idiot.

This really is no way to frame an argument.
the derps
CH1YO
the derps

I've grown tired of explaining what feminism is to people over and over again. the definition, easily found, speaks for itself, and there has been absolutely no evidence of feminism being anything other than the belief in equality between the sexes. if you're against feminism, you're not just an idiot. you're a scumbag, and it really is that simple. when your only argument is always going to be "you just hate men! feminism is about female superiority!", even after being provided with huge quantities of articles etc, I'm not going to make an effort unless I feel like it.

Why would you make an effort of producing bad arguments, none would do less damage and achieve the same nothing.

Lucky Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
the derps
CH1YO
the derps

I've grown tired of explaining what feminism is to people over and over again. the definition, easily found, speaks for itself, and there has been absolutely no evidence of feminism being anything other than the belief in equality between the sexes. if you're against feminism, you're not just an idiot. you're a scumbag, and it really is that simple. when your only argument is always going to be "you just hate men! feminism is about female superiority!", even after being provided with huge quantities of articles etc, I'm not going to make an effort unless I feel like it.

Technically speaking, if you just used the word "idot" correctly-then it's correct because of stating myths/misinformation. Idiots are people who are ignorant, don't know any better. Naturally everyone takes it as insulting though.

o_O On that note. Is there any frame of reference stating how vulgar words are "decided/made" or any semantic study based on them? Why being mentally ill/socially inept/lacking knowledge is still an insult and all that.

Off of that note, I have to point out that some alleged feminists are just as misinformed, or, rather; there are legitimately women who think/claim they are feminists (when they are not) which is exactly where some of this misinformation comes from in some cases. Similar to christian churches, where people get the misinformation that christians are all unreasonable/crazy. Or, more similar to how people think of terrorists=Arabian when everyone knows that anyone can be a terrorist. Even though the loud and noisy people are in the minority, they're the loudest so they're heard the most, thus things are perpetrated based on them.

Lastly, you take the liberty of assuming that everyone against feminism thinks what you said they think..AND more importantly-where are you even getting an argument against it in this thread?! gonk Nobody said anything bad about feminism specifically. As a matter of factly, everyone on this thread supports it.

Liberal Voter

Tarako6
the derps
CH1YO
the derps

Technically speaking, if you just used the word "idot" correctly-then it's correct because of stating myths/misinformation. Idiots are people who are ignorant, don't know any better. Naturally everyone takes it as insulting though.

o_O On that note. Is there any frame of reference stating how vulgar words are "decided/made" or any semantic study based on them? Why being mentally ill/socially inept/lacking knowledge is still an insult and all that.

Off of that note, I have to point out that some alleged feminists are just as misinformed, or, rather; there are legitimately women who think/claim they are feminists (when they are not) which is exactly where some of this misinformation comes from in some cases. Similar to christian churches, where people get the misinformation that christians are all unreasonable/crazy. Or, more similar to how people think of terrorists=Arabian when everyone knows that anyone can be a terrorist. Even though the loud and noisy people are in the minority, they're the loudest so they're heard the most, thus things are perpetrated based on them.

Lastly, you take the liberty of assuming that everyone against feminism thinks what you said they think..AND more importantly-where are you even getting an argument against it in this thread?! gonk Nobody said anything bad about feminism specifically. As a matter of factly, everyone on this thread supports it.

when I mentioned misinformed fools who are against feminism for dumb reasons, I didn't really mean anybody in this thread. just in general because I see it a lot lol. since this thread is about how people feel about feminism, you can bet your bottom dollar that eventually, the misogynists are going to show up.

Astral Beanses's Significant Otter

Dangerous Animal

6,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Cash Grabber 500
I just read the first post, because Im too lazy to read all the others, so sorry if Im repeating points people have already brought up.

Feminism is a good thing in moderation. It helps women express what they want from society and how they want to be treated in a world that is, sad to say, still in the fallacious "separate but equal" way of thinking. However, when women take it to extremes and begin to throw mud, thats when it becomes a bad thing. Those women are who made the term "feminism" have a negative connotation to it. Feminism and womens rights have done some wonderful things for women, such as getting us the right to vote and allowing us to compete for jobs. (I'm not going to start on the inequality in the workplace, Id be here forever...)

When it comes to mens rights, however, our country was built around (white) men. We have a patriarchal system, and many in our the country follow that pretty much without thinking. Whenever someone brings up "mens rights" it is a form of reverse racism; reverse sexism, if you will. Men see women getting help from the equal opportunity laws in business and think, "damn those women get special treatment but there is no reason for it because we are all equal. What some people dont grasp is that even with all the hype about everyone being treated equally, women are still being paid less and not being hired because they are, well, women. There is a lot more that goes with this, and a lot of social undertones, but this is basically the gist of it, from my point of view.

Astral Beanses's Significant Otter

Dangerous Animal

6,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Cash Grabber 500
Tarako6
the derps
CH1YO
the derps

Two things to both of you:

First, stating something is stupid and wrong and someone is an idiot is not arguing a case, its stating an opinion. Its called a fallacy, you're just attacking another persons view, not refuting it, and just because you believe people are stupid if they dont support feminism, doesnt mean that person is actually stupid, its just your opinion.....

Secondly, I only agree with feminism to an extent. To fully believe in this kind of thing is to take an absolute approach, which doesnt get people anywhere. We should all be open to the arguments of those who dont believe in feminism, even if in your opinion they are chauvinist pigs and women haters. Just because you havent heard a good argument against feminism, doesnt mean there isnt one.

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
I'm for men's rights, but that doesn't mean I want to take away women's rights or that I'm butthurt from being dumped or anything. Specifically I want something to be done to help men who are victims of sexual assault and domestic violence because there's plenty of resources for women but nothing for men. While it'd hard for female victims to come out and get the help they need, the male victims have a harder time due to being stigmatized and because of idiots who spew out gender role crap. They'd tell male victims stuff like "Oh men can't be raped", "You're bigger and stronger than her, you should have stood up for yourself", "You're not masculine enough", etc. It's disgusting. emotion_donotwant
Super 9-Volt
I'm for men's rights, but that doesn't mean I want to take away women's rights or that I'm butthurt from being dumped or anything. Specifically I want something to be done to help men who are victims of sexual assault and domestic violence because there's plenty of resources for women but nothing for men. While it'd hard for female victims to come out and get the help they need, the male victims have a harder time due to being stigmatized and because of idiots who spew out gender role crap. They'd tell male victims stuff like "Oh men can't be raped", "You're bigger and stronger than her, you should have stood up for yourself", "You're not masculine enough", etc. It's disgusting. emotion_donotwant

See, I'm okay with this as long as you realize it's not a very significant amount whoa re victimized that way.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff