Niether! 0.57142857142857 57.1% [ 4 ]
Total Votes:[ 7 ]

Enduring Master

23,725 Points
  • Energy Squad 200
  • Energy Generator 250
  • Battery 500
Emotionally Dead:

Pros: emotional pain, sadness, anger, grief, and frustration can't hurt you anymore. You can tolerate people in your life that are going out of their way to insult you and make you miserable by simply ignoring them.

Cons: You miss out on unbridled joy, contented bliss, happiness, excitement, and thrills making life seem kind of drab and meaningless.

Emotional Immortality: Emotionally speaking you are like the phoenix of myth and legend: you are alive and you can take a lot of punishment, but can only endure so much... and then you emotionally die briefly after a dramatic fiery outburst when the pain is too great... only to rise from the ashes and be renewed in your hope, faith, trust, compassion, child-like wonder, curiosity, and full capacity to love.

Pros: You will never be without love, compassion, trust, faith, hope, and the ability to see life through new eyes. You will always retain a desire to learn and will literally never be able to give up, turn bitter and cynical, feel jaded, hold a real grudge without constant negative reinforcement, or be "defeated" by anyone's discouragement.

Cons: Although you are healed you still remember the pain of each time, if you live inescapably with people who emotionally abuse you, the pain never truly ends EVER! (At least as long as their around you). You will never truly learn anything from your social mistakes or grow emotionally at all, you remain naive, delusionaly optimistic, and naive to some extent, and you may snap and end up hurting someone if they're to stupid to stop making you angry.

Pro/Con: You have the full capacity to feel any possible emotion known to man in logically appropriate situations to feel each one, but usually feel them at the level of intensity of a person who's on ecstasy even when your fully sober. This can make you dangerously unstable in the wrong situations, or allow you to be insanely happy in the right ones.

I have the 2nd one, but I never asked to be that why and I don't even try to be... I'm just naturally that way without any drugs or anything and I can't change it even though I wish I could. Believe it or not it's more like a "curse" then a blessing because I catch hell from both my mom and my future-mother-in-law on a regular basis, and sometimes I wish I could just "break" and loose my ability to feel because I'm tired of the pain and worried that one of these days I'll loose it and kill or at least physically beat someone up in a sudden fit of rage over something they said. There are times I long to feel numb inside and know what it's like to escape from pain for longer then a few minutes or a few hours at most before I become as tender as new born babe once again. I've never really gotten to the point where I felt I could act on physically killing myself though... because I always think "what if?" and hold on fearing what I could miss out on if things do work out some day and feeling too much compassion for those who would miss me. Emotionally, my heart always feels like it's on fire...

I feel like the song I relate to most (even though I'm a girl) is Superman by Five For Fighting:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCdEuMk7C9E

Things to discuss: Which one and why? & What do you think it is makes a person emotionally unkillable like I am? Is there even anyone out there who's like me? Or am I tragically an emotional anomaly?

Dapper Lunatic

gaia_nitemareleft

I would rather not have to fall into one or the other. But, based on my experience, I would say I would choose "Emotionally Immortal" because I am in love and I wouldn't want to go without that. Plus, emotion adds sparks to life, not just love. I have dealt with people who seem emotionally dead at times and it is no fun. It is boring and a life killer.

Now, as to what makes a person "emotionally unkillable," I don't have definite answer. But, everyone is different and handles life differently. Someone people are a depressing pile of nothingness, while others are bubbly-talkers who never shut up and are always somehow happy, even when their lives are a mess... Or someone is an emotional mess. It ranges from person to person.

I am sure their are others like you. In fact, I KNOW their are others out their like you. People came be medically diagnosed as "Overly Emotional" (or something along the lines of that), not to point fingers or insult. But, it is no one's fault. That is just how they are. Nothing medically wrong with them or anything.

You are not some tragic anomaly.

You are you.

gaia_nitemareright

Enduring Master

23,725 Points
  • Energy Squad 200
  • Energy Generator 250
  • Battery 500
Wed To Insanity
gaia_nitemareleft

I would rather not have to fall into one or the other. But, based on my experience, I would say I would choose "Emotionally Immortal" because I am in love and I wouldn't want to go without that. Plus, emotion adds sparks to life, not just love. I have dealt with people who seem emotionally dead at times and it is no fun. It is boring and a life killer.

Now, as to what makes a person "emotionally unkillable," I don't have definite answer. But, everyone is different and handles life differently. Someone people are a depressing pile of nothingness, while others are bubbly-talkers who never shut up and are always somehow happy, even when their lives are a mess... Or someone is an emotional mess. It ranges from person to person.

I am sure their are others like you. In fact, I KNOW their are others out their like you. People came be medically diagnosed as "Overly Emotional" (or something along the lines of that), not to point fingers or insult. But, it is no one's fault. That is just how they are. Nothing medically wrong with them or anything.

You are not some tragic anomaly.

You are you.

gaia_nitemareright

Thank you ^_^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items