Distinct Conversationalist

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
The camera loves makeup
Even men wear it on shows and movies
Makeup makes you look more pleasing in certain situations
but even in the morning I'm at least a one on the cute o' meter
I will wear make up and continue to wear make up not because I need it but because I like how it makes me feel and because it is also a form of art and self-expression. If done correctly, make up can enhance your features, not change them. Make up isn't a mask unless you make it one.

Aged Shapeshifter

5,300 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
No makeup. Though I'm biased because I don't wear the stuff unless a really special occasion. Plus I wipe my eyes out of habit. Not good if wearing mascara/eyeliner... don't need surprise raccoon eyes. There's some women who need it and like makeup, and I'm cool with that. But the kind that just pile it on like basting a turkey with gravy, glaze, tar, peanuts, THE WORKS like there's no tomorrow... umm, the "time to stop" happened an hour ago.

... I forgot if I posted here already; I think I saw a similar thread in LD or some other. if I posted again, sorries. crying

Yichem's Queen

Hardworking Sweetheart

BlackRoseForever16. Remember me.

Bad Perdition

Well, I don't usually wear makeup, so I say without.
With makeup is okay too, and by makeup
I mean a bit of mascara and maybe a touch of gloss.
I don't mean purple lipstick, huge quantity of
eyeliner, mascara, false lashes, false nails, etc.

BlackRoseForever16. Remember me.

Fashionable Fatcat

I honestly think that people look better without make up. It has gotten to this point where some of my friends say "I can't leave the house without make up on! I look so ugly without it!" I never wear makeup. Unless it's for something formal like a play or a school dance. I have extremely sensitive skin, so it's hard to find any make up that won't make my face red and blotchy. But really, girls don't need make up.

Moonlight Lover

17,075 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
I don't wear makeup myself, but I think people are fine with or without makeup. It just depends on the amount you put on. I hate when someone has it caked on their face. It just looks unappealing to me.

Dangerous Prophet

3,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Bad Perdition
I just wanna know what the majority prefers.
A more natural, pretty-looking chick or the "hotter" type who gets more made up?
I personally prefer a woman who can be good looking without make-up, but wouldn't mind wearing a little bit of make-up for special occasions and what not. I guess that lessens the chance of some prickish b*****d stealing my woman away from me. confused
It honestly depends on the girl, and depends on how much makeup.

I feel like most of the time, less is more, so I don't tend to be fond of the makeup-piled-on look. When your face starts to look fake it just becomes kind of unattractive... But some subtle touches to bring out the best in a person's face looks really nice.

Honestly though, I don't think a girl needs makeup to be pretty, people need to be proud of their natural beauty!

Sparkly Lunatic

It is interesting that most the responses here have been from an inter-gender perspective.

In my opinion, the decision to wear makeup should be described from an intra-gender perspective.

Women wear makeup to compete with the beauty of other women.

(of course this is also from a heterosexual perspective)

Lucky Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Makeup kind of creeps me out, because I always think of that one lady who was put on television who was obsessive about it, wore it 24+ hours a day and sometimes didn't change it. gonk

That aside, Ik it can look nice on some people-but extended lashes and mascara themselves also bug me. Personally, I only appreciate lipstick/chapstick..but even that, if the girl always wears red lipstick (or has a singular attachment to a specific kind) then it makes me wonder why they don't vary it to compliment themselves/their wear. Mayhaps I'm just too picky, so I prefer "all natural" because I've seen too many bad makeup jobs and dislike the idea of fake lashes/hair/nails.

Lucky Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Raizal

Yeah, the largest part of the transformation is drawing the eye away from the bad area, and engaging the viewer in admiring the good points. In this case I need brilliant eyes and natural lips...

I think it goes without saying that makeup can do good in the right hands. I.E: You can make someone look like a really old person for a play, even if they're 11 you can make them appear to be 70+ with grey hair and wrinkles, not even needing a face mask.

It was cool to see your own personal transformation usage though..and you're self taught right?! Which, if so, does make your feat incredibly impressive.
I'm not attracted to women, but I think the idea that people have to wear makeup to be pretty is kind of ridiculous. It's a bit of a double-standard since men aren't expected to dress up and put makeup on. I'm not actually playing a sexism card here, since there are a lot of species where one gender will be a lot more ornamental so they can attract someone to have sex with. I guess my point here is that makeup does make you look more attractive, and women who wear makeup probably have a better shot at getting laid, but at the same time, I just think it's silly to spend a half hour a day trying to make yourself more attractive. Most people can find a way to have sex either way if they want. If makeup makes you feel better that's fine, and you should wear it, but I feel like in some cultures it's almost become an expectation that women wear makeup. That's the thing that I find unreasonable.

The other part is, I don't see why women need to put themselves out there and wait for a man to pick which one he thinks is the prettiest. That's what the whole makeup thing is about, really. It just perpetuates the idea that men have all the power when it comes to picking a partner, and that's not true. Or at least it doesn't have to be.

Fashionable Raider

8,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Signature Look 250
Tarako6
Raizal

Yeah, the largest part of the transformation is drawing the eye away from the bad area, and engaging the viewer in admiring the good points. In this case I need brilliant eyes and natural lips...

I think it goes without saying that makeup can do good in the right hands. I.E: You can make someone look like a really old person for a play, even if they're 11 you can make them appear to be 70+ with grey hair and wrinkles, not even needing a face mask.

It was cool to see your own personal transformation usage though..and you're self taught right?! Which, if so, does make your feat incredibly impressive.
Yeah, all the idea's for my own make up I got from studying other women in the world, TV or otherwise. I watched a few tutorial videos but I find them boring and sometimes just super slow. Occasionally the videos just promoted one brand of make up and it was obvious from the outset that it was just an advertisement video.

On the other hand, I don't know many women who sit at home playing with make up and different make up styles for hours on end trying to find different ways to do the same thing.
Most guys who say that they prefer a girl with natural looks and no make-up, most likely don't know that even the "natural looking girls" wear make up. So, I would personally count men's opinions out in this thread.
The Roaring Twenties
I honestly think that people look better without make up. It

Nah, tons of people totally look better with it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff