Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
I Shall Give You NoMercy
I look really bad without makeup.
It's just how my face is. I don't wear a lot, just some eyeliner and mascara, and sometimes some eye-shadow.
But it really pisses me off when people say ignorent s**t like, "LOL PEPEL WHO WEAR MAKEUP ARNT AS PRUTTY AS NATURAL WIMMZ AND THERE SO FAKE LOL!!1!1!1"
(I can't tell you how many times I see this in a makeup forum) I can't help but think people who say/think that are really insecure and/or bitter about their bodies/faces and are trying to take out their frustration on people who actually look good with cosmetics, since their apparently an easy target. That's just what I think/observe though.

Thankyou, took the words right out of my mouth. We arent 'fake' as they call us. I agree with the abusing makeup, but sometimes woman look pretty with makeup on, if they dont cake it on like a clown..

Aged Browser

7,675 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Antitussive
I Shall Give You NoMercy
I look really bad without makeup.
It's just how my face is. I don't wear a lot, just some eyeliner and mascara, and sometimes some eye-shadow.
But it really pisses me off when people say ignorent s**t like, "LOL PEPEL WHO WEAR MAKEUP ARNT AS PRUTTY AS NATURAL WIMMZ AND THERE SO FAKE LOL!!1!1!1"
(I can't tell you how many times I see this in a makeup forum) I can't help but think people who say/think that are really insecure and/or bitter about their bodies/faces and are trying to take out their frustration on people who actually look good with cosmetics, since their apparently an easy target. That's just what I think/observe though.

Thankyou, took the words right out of my mouth. We arent 'fake' as they call us. I agree with the abusing makeup, but sometimes woman look pretty with makeup on, if they dont cake it on like a clown..

I personally enjoy the expressive freedom makeup gives me. I love different colors, eyeliner types and such. However I do think that moderation is needed, I have seen some women before who have it caked on so thick you wonder if there is a face down there. Some women are lucky they don't need to wear make up at all, they look flawless. For the rest of us, either thinking we look odd without it or like to be a little more flashy apply it. Doesn't make us fake. You can make yourself look like a whole different person with makeup, I can understand why somebody might want to know what you look like without it. But I'm sorry I love some of my makeup to much to go "all natural".

Dapper Gawker

I think there was a study that showed that men prefer natural-looking makeup, then no makeup, then heavier makeup.

Liberal Sex Symbol

7,700 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
With or without makeup idc I wear it once in a while not on a daily basis though

Fashionable Astronaut

13,200 Points
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Women are "hot" regardless of whether they put on makeup or not.
The choice to put on makeup is an individual personal one, meant to emphasize and contour certain features.
I don't see how a person could find one hotter than the other because makeup is not a sexual trait.
Also, this is not the appropriate forum for this.
Personal preference: Without.... well, maybe with very light makeup, but more than just a little bit looks strange, unnatural, and makes a woman seem like she's trying a bit too hard to look good for somebody, which is kind of a turn off for me. Some guys may like that look though. I guess whatever floats your boat.

Liberal Gawker

I got sucked into wearing s**t ton of make-up when I was a freshman. All the girls told me I wasn't "pretty enough" but then I learned I didn't have to deal with their standards.

Plus I wasn't attracting any men. I started weening myself off make-up.

The only make-up I will wear is foundation to maybe smoothen out my skin tone. Otherwise I hardly wear mascara or eyeliner.
If I have to go to a fancy event I'll put on make-up but I try to make it look natural as possible.

I think people are more pretty with natural looks. If they use a tiny tiny tiny smidge amount, that's okay... but....yeah.

Stone-cold Senshi

I took the stars from my eyes, and then I made a map
And knew that somehow I could find my way back

Society has way too high expectations for women.
(Of course, this isn't saying one shouldn't put an effort into looking good,
I really can't stand people who don't try to look decent
especially if they then complain about their appearances or other people for being "vain".)
I believe women should be able to go out without makeup and be thought of as "hot"
because makeup changes people into something they're not
and more importantly, something we weren't born to look like that.
I find it sad when an attractive women can be considered uglier than one who's hiding under makeup.
This isn't against makeup, though.
I find makeup very nice for special occasions, actually.
But I feel society needs to be much more accepting towards natural looks.
I don't like constantly wondering if it's okay for myself to be natural like I always am,
or if I should feel obliged to wear makeup outside.

Then I heard your heart beating, you were in the darkness too
So I stayed in the darkness with you

Blessed Prophet

I don't wear make-up, and whether a woman wears make-up is her choice, but when getting down to brass tacs, I like seeing a person's face without makeup.
It's not the face of the observed that is flawed, but the eyes of the observer.

Quotable Conversationalist

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
Any man who thinks makeup is unattractive is painfully full of s**t. It's like saying they don't find a single celebrity attractive. lol

Interesting Seeker

Bad Perdition
I just wanna know what the majority prefers.
A more natural, pretty-looking chick or the "hotter" type who gets more made up?

It kinda depends really I'd say makeup for enhancing beauty. Though personally I love watching girls put on lipstick or lipgloss that just drives me crazy.

Smitten Kitten

16,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Waffles! 25
It seems that there are two extremes in this topic, A LOT of makeup or no makeup at all.

I wear some makeup, I wear mascara, eyeliner and some lipstick. That's really a little amount of makeup that can enhance your beauty. But a lot of makeup everyday is something I don't like (Say, foundation, concealer, smokey eye, lipstick, blush, bronzer, lipgloss, just the whole shebang).

No makeup can be pretty, but I do think my eyes look a little more open with a little makeup, since I have small eyes.

Beloved Prophet

5,500 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Without.

I always say to my female friends that they don't need to put on layers and layers of cosmetics when they go out. Course, it's not really my choice as to whether or not they listen. But they always tell me I'm "sweet" for saying that. It occasionally makes me wonder if they're not hearing that as often as they should.
I am not attracted to women, I have no particular preference.

Whichever options ensures the least amount of oil that could get onto my skin.
Allow me to fire up the Anecdote engines

1. Women who wear makeup all the time are ugly or fake or it detracts from their pretty, Women who are pretty don't need to wear makeup.

Logical fallacy, untrue.

2. People criticize women no matter what they do.

Either their dresses are too revealing and short and they are sluts, or their makeup is too thick and they are trashy whores.

3. In a perfect world, no one would give a ********]

In a perfect world, makeup would be seen for what it is : A prestigious art (Drag queens anyone?), and secondly a beauty enhancer. You shouldn't take a stance against makeup because others apply it badly or wear it at all. That's just rude.

4. In my reality...

No one says s**t to me (anymore) because I'm pretty and I am good at applying makeup. Yet I defend those with poorly drawn-on eyebrows and caked on foundation even if I hate their makeup job because not everyone is as comfortable with their faces as I am.

I get the occasional "Why do you wear makeup when you don't have to?" I explain to them it is not my makeup, it is my war paint. And to shut up as well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff