Total Votes:[ 112 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

Chatty Gaian

8,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
Aayeh
I don't feel as though the media or any sane person likes to admit the only racism around nowadays is personal.

We as a people act out and feel a certain way because of our own thoughts.
We will dress slutty because we are bored and want attention.
Not because we wanna call some ethnicity out and belittle them. Rofl.

I'm white, If I twerk I'm just shaking my butt.
Also, for arguments sake, why is it only white people are racist?
That's something to talk about too if we are already here on this topic.
That's something our society has been over so slightly starting up.

And if that there article OP posted was to be looked at from the opposite extreme. Then you could say it's trying to make the blacks and colored people feel even more pushed aside and worthless then when they were slaves. Feeling excluded leads to high volumes of anger.

Is there a point to making people angry for no reason?
I'd also like an answer as to why it is only white people can be considered racist? I once went to an all-black club, a hole in the wall kinda place and I got the nastiest, dirtiest looks and some people wouldn't even talk to me. Most of them stared at me like I was a foreigner with an alien head growing out of my neck and I should just explode rather than be there with THEM.

Why is it that when black people are not included in sexually provocative actions, other blacks say that it's because whites don't consider blacks sexually attractive. Why is it that when we then do include them, we are objectifying them and comparing them to animals? Why is it that it is okay to play upon white stereotypes such as rednecks and hillbillies, but if you do the same with a black stereotype, it's racist? Why are derogatory terms such as ****** racist, but honkey and cracker are not considered the same why?

Overall, why the hell do blacks give so much attention to race that EVERYTHING is about race while most white people really don't b***h too much about it? Are white people suppose to take racism from blacks because, at one point in time, they were slaves? I'd like to know why this is.

I'd also like to know why at what point the actions of people who were generations before us will be paid and we can finally move on. I'm not saying forget the fact that slavery did exist, I'm saying move past it as a race and stop playing the race card at every turn.

And yes, I am aware of my white privilege. I do pay attention to the different races that are on media and how they are portrayed.

Familiar Friend

why is it when miley does it she's being racist, but when black people do it themselves, it's nothing? did you ever watch BET 2005-2010? idk what they show now but i used to watch it occasionally and see twerking and drugs all through it.

who said anything about trayvon? i know more people who thought the opposite of that...trayvon was just being a kid and miley was being a horrible slut.

Kawaii Shapeshifter

10,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
hmm, i would like to to see some other persceptives, possibly from someone "black", who can relate.

Kawaii Shapeshifter

10,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
Mik Laid
Aayeh
I don't feel as though the media or any sane person likes to admit the only racism around nowadays is personal.

And if that there article OP posted was to be looked at from the opposite extreme. Then you could say it's trying to make the blacks and colored people feel even more pushed aside and worthless then when they were slaves. Feeling excluded leads to high volumes of anger.

I'd also like an answer as to why it is only white people can be considered racist? I once went to an all-black club, a hole in the wall kinda place and I got the nastiest, dirtiest looks and some people wouldn't even talk to me. Most of them stared at me like I was a foreigner with an alien head growing out of my neck and I should just explode rather than be there with THEM.

Why is it that when black people are not included in sexually provocative actions, other blacks say that it's because whites don't consider blacks sexually attractive. Why is it that when we then do include them, we are objectifying them and comparing them to animals? Why is it that it is okay to play upon white stereotypes such as rednecks and hillbillies, but if you do the same with a black stereotype, it's racist? Why are derogatory terms such as n****r racist, but honkey and cracker are not considered the same why?

Overall, why the hell do blacks give so much attention to race that EVERYTHING is about race while most white people really don't b***h too much about it? Are white people suppose to take racism from blacks because, at one point in time, they were slaves? I'd like to know why this is.

I'd also like to know why at what point the actions of people who were generations before us will be paid and we can finally move on. I'm not saying forget the fact that slavery did exist, I'm saying move past it as a race and stop playing the race card at every turn.

And yes, I am aware of my white privilege. I do pay attention to the different races that are on media and how they are portrayed.

i am not sure how to respond to everything you said, but: i personally treat all of those word that were "once" racist (cracker, n*****, etc) as if they were still racist. Even if society thinks that just because times were different then and now its not like that, it still carries a message of hard times and disrespect from everyone. (what is a honkey?)

Also, i think that black people pay so much attention to race because of the struggle that they faced as slaves, then still not getting equal rights through the 1900s until it really hit the fan in the 1960s during the Civil Rights Movement. Sometimes (in certian places) they are still judged by what is know as "black" because people expect them to be "black" unlike what they actually are. "Black" is a subculture of being American. Maybe its just used because most people think that being "American" means "white"?

Chatty Gaian

8,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
runforthepiggys
Mik Laid
Aayeh

Why is it that when black people are not included in sexually provocative actions, other blacks say that it's because whites don't consider blacks sexually attractive. Why is it that when we then do include them, we are objectifying them and comparing them to animals? Why is it that it is okay to play upon white stereotypes such as rednecks and hillbillies, but if you do the same with a black stereotype, it's racist? Why are derogatory terms such as n****r racist, but honkey and cracker are not considered the same why?

i am not sure how to respond to everything you said, but: i personally treat all of those word that were "once" racist (cracker, n*****, etc) as if they were still racist. Even if society thinks that just because times were different then and now its not like that, it still carries a message of hard times and disrespect from everyone. (what is a honkey?)

Also, i think that black people pay so much attention to race because of the struggle that they faced as slaves, then still not getting equal rights through the 1900s until it really hit the fan in the 1960s during the Civil Rights Movement. Sometimes (in certian places) they are still judged by what is know as "black" because people expect them to be "black" unlike what they actually are. "Black" is a subculture of being American. Maybe its just used because most people think that being "American" means "white"?
I still do too. Although I don't place a lot of value into words. The meaning & connotation change over time. A honkey is a racist term for a white person. I really try not to pay attention to race and see everyone as an individual because race is a term we humans created to separate ourselves. The only difference between us is melatonin. We aren't different species for god's sake.

I realize that racism is alive & well in America and it saddens me, but I feel as if too many African Americans are ready to blame "white people" and "the white man" etc etc for problems their culture has created. Too many African Americans seem to think that if they are racist towards a white person, it's okay, but if that same white person is racist, it's something they should scream, yell and overall b***h about.

It isn't just the responsibility of white people to make an effort to bridge the racism that has been produced as a result of slavery (when Obama was elected the first time, I walked into my cafeteria and saw & heard four black girls jumping up and down on the tables/floors screaming about how Obama was going to put us in chains, how's that for racist?) If African Americans begin to make racism okay towards white people, how are we going to move forward at all? I'm just a white person who is tired of being told it's all my fault for slavery/racism in America/plight of African Americans, etc. Eventually African Americans have to take some of the blame for their culture and the results. There are many institutions that are in place (like the justice system) which are skewed negatively towards African Americans, but just as a African American can't be expected to answer for/change their race's attitude, they can't expect whites as individuals to pay for our forefather's mistakes/our race's mistakes now.

Some white people may not have experienced racism from the other side, but I have and regardless of who is being racist towards who, it's still wrong and not okay.

Also, as for Miley Cyrus dressing those black dancers in bear suits, she wasn't comparing them to animals. If she had been going for that message, I think that a ape or monkey suit would have been a better outfit. It's not like people are saying, "Those black people are acting like bears!" Just saying.

And just as your inital post makes me think you are tired of whites being racists towards blacks, I'm tired of blacks being racist towards whites. It's vicious cycle that will continue until humans as a species learn to get along, which I don't see that happening ever cause as a whole, we are a hateful species.

Dapper Cultist

I didn't see her performance, I already dislike her for previous reasons though.
This is... weird... to say the least.

But honestly, she is incredibly stupid in real life. She was in a movie filmed at my high school a few years ago and she would insist on having massive security measures when she walked around in case 'fans pummeled her' or whatever. Someone (and it's not nice but still) threw a water bottle at her (it didn't hit her) and called her something insulting and she lost her s**t on everyone around at the time- like crazy person status.

missynom's Husbando

Tipsy Prophet

11,400 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
runforthepiggys
hmm, i would like to to see some other persceptives, possibly from someone "black", who can relate.

Relate to what?
Being on stage and twerking and making a fool of themselves?

No, this whole thread is full of delusions.

Get out of the dark ages, it's the 21st century now.

Get over racism.
By getting your panties in a bunch all you are doing is keeping the idea fresh in peoples minds.

Stop causing drama.

Kawaii Shapeshifter

10,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
Aayeh
runforthepiggys

Relate to what?

Get over racism.
By getting your panties in a bunch all you are doing is keeping the idea fresh in peoples minds.

Stop causing drama.

no not to twerking, jeez. chill.
someone who also interprets miley displays as "terrible towards blacks", i dont think that i am the only one with the opinion that miley is kind of extreme in the "racy" sense, and no, i dont think all white people are bad. Also, i dont play the race card. I just think that miley is weird and slightly disrespectful in the sense that she didnt think that people would have an outrage over interpretations of her preformance/we cant stop video.
Oh god the miley/trayvon comparison

thank you
thank you
You're being "raped" by BET too, just saying. Viacom (BET) is owned by elitist rich white people as well, the cycle doesn't end. It'd be best if you didn't watch mainstream TV geared toward youth your age anymore. Completely cut out the MTV programming, it's complete bs. Miley Cyrus doesn't even have control over her own career; she's just a puppet. Sex sells when you're lacking talent.

Kawaii Shapeshifter

10,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
SR_Uzi
You're being "raped" by BET too, just saying... Viacom is owned by white people as well, the cycle doesn't end. It'd be best if you didn't watch mainstream TV geared toward youth your age anymore. Completely cut out the MTV programming, it's complete bs.

basically all i watch are the main news channels(cnn,fox, msnbc, etc), kids channels, and local cable networks for the game shows. Everything(that i know of, there must be something good) geared towards my age is superficial and unappealing towards a productive future.

Aged Zealot

? x ) xx I Speak

Any rational person of any race who has half of a brain would realize this isn't a race thing. It's an entertainment thing. It may not actually be entertaining, but it's all part of the industry.
            And by the by, racism exists in more than just skin tone, and it still shouldn't be something you give attention to. Get over it, because by whining about something that doesn't even mildly effect you are just continuing the whole race issue.

Elysian Dreamer

22,425 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
while i think that miley has the right to do whatever she wants, the vma's where not the place for that.

missynom's Husbando

Tipsy Prophet

11,400 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
runforthepiggys
Aayeh
runforthepiggys

Relate to what?

Get over racism.

Stop causing drama.

no not to twerking, jeez. chill.
someone who also interprets miley displays as "terrible towards blacks", i dont think that i am the only one with the opinion that miley is kind of extreme in the "racy" sense, and no, i dont think all white people are bad. Also, i dont play the race card. I just think that miley is weird and slightly disrespectful in the sense that she didnt think that people would have an outrage over interpretations of her preformance/we cant stop video.

And by racy, you should mean her outfit.
Cause nothing else would make sense.

You're the reason I, as a white person, get told i'm racist by just looking at a black person.
Cause somehow somewhere that look was terrible and demeaning.

You will pick at anything wont you?
Do you not see black people being racist?
Are your eyes that tightly closed that you can't see the one thing blacks are fighting (Or so they say) to get out from under, they are becoming?

There are purely black colleges, if whites had that it would be the olden days all over again.
But no, you guys can have all you want.

We cant even tweark,
Like, seriously?

Get ahold of your self woman.
Your color does not define you.
Nor does your dancing.
Or hair
Or linage.

If you were not so caught up in racism you would realize not everything is as bad as you wish it to be.

Lonely Millionaire

6,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Wall Street 200
So I just read the article.... I have a couple of thoughts on it.

The author of the article said:

"Because Miley's performance last night, and the subsequent ignoring of the racial implications of what she did is just the latest incident in the long line of things that shows me as a black woman, that white feminism does not want me, or care to have me."

The author is trying to make it seem like a whole group of people is racist based on MILEY CYRUS'S VMA PERFORMANCE!! This person is trying to stir something up, it is awful.

Think of it this way: Miley has a bunch of grown white males dancing provocatively in her VMA performance. How would it seem if I, as a white male, wrote an article saying that her VMA performance was attacking the integrity of white males as a people. For most people it would be pretty crazy, solely on the fact that these dancers were hired to perform, consented to do so and it was Miley's wish to have them dance as they did. My point is that the author is ranting about something that is completely biased to that one person and is based on how she interpreted the performance and should not be taken to seriously.

Now time to rant a bit. The article also hints about other "white artists" beating out the "black artists" for awards and how it so obvious that would happen because well everyone in the world is so ******** racist! This is why racism still exist in places where it doesn't! (If that makes any sense) People like the person who wrote this article are spreading racism. Not Miley Cyrus dancing with black women, or a white person winning an award over another artist who so happens to be black. It is the person that is keeping a giant wall between races. The author is saying that every award should be given to the black person in the given category....Why? I will tell you why. She is making the assumption that black people are better! How is that not racist? People need to stop looking at race completely and stop clinging on to their stereotypes like they are something that can only be done by them! So what Mackelmore won best rap song! I bet it is because it was a pretty good song! All this "She better not do that because she is white and for some reason it would offend me because I am black" needs to stop or racism will never completely disappear.

And making this topic is showing that you do agree with the article and I need to say that you should read and think about these things very carefully. It is easy to agree with someone who seems to be completely on the side you are fighting for but to much attacking can never be good smile That being said you should not take the replies you are getting here to seriously either, as people can get very fired up on these types of topics (Myself included sweatdrop ), and it gets kinda crazy!

That being said Miley's performance was not terrible because she was dancing with black girls and spanked a girl in the butt, it was probably because she was practically fingering herself the whole time, and her vocals were not good.

Alright that all I have to say and I would like to end how Ellen ends her shows
"Be kind to one another!"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas