Aged Browser

7,675 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Autobiographer 200
I've always been the kind of person you can decide what your gender is if you like, however when it comes down to it at least where I live bathrooms are divided by male and female. So whatever you fall under more than the other you would probably use right? If they offer gender neutral bathrooms then use that if it makes you more comfortable. You are the only person who really knows you, however I want to point out there is always the extremist, not that I've ever met someone who claims to be neither. Even my friends who identify as gender fluid are not offended if we address them as the gender they are currently dressed as or born as. I can't imagine being stuck as a gender I felt I didn't fit in.

Now the college I'm attending during my undergrad started going through a change where they offered certain floors of doors to be "gender neutral" which was one stall bathrooms (with a big shower that was also handicap accessible) for everyone no matter if you defined yourself as one, the other, in the process of changing you gender or didn't identify as any. Now that I'm working on my grad work I see more of the floors in the dorms picking up on this while some of the larger dorms still divide by gender we are seeing more gender neutral bathrooms being offered. My belief this occurred due to some server bulling some of our transgendered students and other students who didn't fit in our social norms on campus where facing.

My best friend if you saw her, you would think she is male. When I first met her she has long hair to her waist and dresses in boys pants and gamer/comic reference clothing (t shirts, sweatshirts and other forms of clothing). I have seen her in a skirt once in the 8 years I have known her. When I introduce her to people they will ask me later if she is transgendered. She is not, shes just a really almost unisex looking person, but says biologically speaking shes a girl but has no preference to change her gender.

My roommate my second year of college during my undergrad, was a transgendered student going from female to male. While in transition I saw my roommate use mostly women bathrooms while working or in public places. His name was changed from the one he was given at birth. As far as I know he should now physically be a male, if he was able to complete his transition. He preferred to be called "he" not a "she" I tried to respect that and often would slip up but would re correct myself and apologize.