Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dedicated Gaian

12,725 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
I have been thinking and I truly believe that everyone on the entire planet has the same fear. We do have specific fears, I am not saying that we don't but I classify them as subtypes. Everyone's greatest fear is:

Our own mind. We all have a brain and our mind creates all fears, no matter what type, and we can not change the fear of what the mind does. Ov course, you could challenge your subtype fear and possibly not be afraid of that fear anymore. That does not mean that we don't have other fears. In saying that, we are still afraid. We will always be afraid of something. We are all afraid of our own minds, because our minds creates the fear of all subtypes of everyone. Everyone meaning, our own fear subtype that we all have. No one person is the same as another but everyone has a mind and fears.

What are your thoughts?
Do you agree?
Disagree?

What are your subtype fear(s)?
You are right in the sense that the majority all share fear. However, our fears aren't all merely generated by our minds. Fears and phobias are genetically implanted, triggered by trauma, and other experiences that cause a scare. PTSD is an example of that.

Although our mind has the capacity and functionality to create new information, most of us can't access that 12-14%. Most people only function on about 8-10% brain power, and what we see in our dreams and nightmares are a compilation of faces/art/media we've seen consciously and subconsciously throughout our lifetime.

I don't necessarily thing we all recognize our mind as the source of fear, but we pinpoint it back to another experience and that's why it's specific.

Hygienic Gawker

All perception is in the mind. It's meaningless to single out 'fears' and declare them a special case for being a product of thought experience. It's like driving a car and declaring you can only really see the glass windshield and not the stuff beyond it.

Dedicated Gaian

12,725 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Dr Tickles MD
All perception is in the mind. It's meaningless to single out 'fears' and declare them a special case for being a product of thought experience. It's like driving a car and declaring you can only really see the glass windshield and not the stuff beyond it.

I understand what you are saying. I just wanted to separate fears from all of the rest of the mind to think about how we do all have the same fear. It is just a topic that I thought of and wanted to hear what others think about my assumption. I wanted to separate it to see how people react to the thought of fears and how we have the same.
HelloBarbieLetsGoParty
You are right in the sense that the majority all share fear. However, our fears aren't all merely generated by our minds. Fears and phobias are genetically implanted, triggered by trauma, and other experiences that cause a scare. PTSD is an example of that.

Although our mind has the capacity and functionality to create new information, most of us can't access that 12-14%. Most people only function on about 8-10% brain power, and what we see in our dreams and nightmares are a compilation of faces/art/media we've seen consciously and subconsciously throughout our lifetime.

I don't necessarily thing we all recognize our mind as the source of fear, but we pinpoint it back to another experience and that's why it's specific.

The 10% of brain power thing is a popular myth.

As far as fears and me personally, I've worked since I was a little kid against a predisposition to arachnophobia (I knew it was in most cases an overreaction and wanted to feel like a tough guy). The rest of the fears are for my diary.

Aged Roisterer

banio
HelloBarbieLetsGoParty

The 10% of brain power thing is a popular myth.

As far as fears and me personally, I've worked since I was a little kid against a predisposition to arachnophobia (I knew it was in most cases an overreaction and wanted to feel like a tough guy). The rest of the fears are for my diary.

the myth is true to come extent. We use 100% of our brain, but only a tenth or two at once.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff