Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Do you love bodybuilding?

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 21, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 >

Hi, and welcome to The Weight Room. This a chat thread for all the bodybuilders on Gaia. Talk about your experiences, routines, diets, inspirations, and your love for the sport. Serious topics such as steroids are also fit for discussion beacuse in this sport, knowledge is power.

It is also our duty to inpsire te young, potential bodybuilders of our community and the world! This thread is also for all the young men and women who are interested in bodybuilding but do not know where to start. Don't be afraid to ask questions. After all it is best to learn from those with experience.

So, be safe, have fun, and pump that iron!
My piece: I started working out about a month and a half ago. Things have been going really well. But I'm looking for advice from professionals, and others like me.

Right now my basic routine lasts about an hour and covers- clean and press, dumbbell laterals, bench press, tricep extensions, dumbbell flys, bicep curls, bent over rows, fore arm curls, squats, lunges, calf raises, push ups, and then sit ups, in just about that order. Sometimes I switch a few around to mix it up a bit. I also run every day for my cardio.

I'm still not sure is competetion is the way I want to go, I am only 17 after all, but I love the feeling of pushing my body further than I thought I could, and knowing that I'm getting stronger and healthier at the same time. The change in appearance is great too. In fact, I've noticed a change in almost every facet of my being; my strength, my endurance, my character, and even my confidence has grown by leaps and bounds. Without bodybuilding I don't know where I would be.
is this really an ED topic?
WakeBordrGirl

I've seen a few around so in this forum so I decided to post it here. And yes, its an extended discussion. Maybe the main ED would be better?
I started working out seriously about a month ago, and I saved up some money for a trainer. So far it has been amazing, and muscle is appearing and fat is dissapearing ( xd ) but honestly, if you work really hard, it is easy to get in shape. I used to think I could never been in good shape, but so far so good. I'm excited to continue and see what happens.
malice-793
WakeBordrGirl

I've seen a few around so in this forum so I decided to post it here. And yes, its an extended discussion. Maybe the main ED would be better?

oh sorry, i just saw the 1st one when i posted and it looked like you were trying to start an rp

i never work out! yay me
Question for you. Ok if you have a muscular problem in an area of your body if you want to work out how do you work around that? Mine's a combination of my knees and problems with my joints? I do have a specific diet that I've been on for a while that works well for me.
<center>I have been wanting to work out for years...
But now that I have a job I can afford the benches...
I bought an ok one from my work and I work out 3-4 times a week...
I have eefinatly seen a size difference in my Tricepts and Bicepts...
My Pecs are getting bigger too...
I also ride my bike alot so my legs are already well toned...
And of course I got the 6-pack...
cool
But thats cuz my PE teacher makes us do 45 sit-ups a day...
Doesn't sound like alot...
But it works...
I need more protein though...
I would get those shakes but they taste nasty...
I don't really like beef either...
I eat alot of Pork and Chicken...
There is some protein...
Maybe I'll try fish...
gil-galadkn
Question for you. Ok if you have a muscular problem in an area of your body if you want to work out how do you work around that? Mine's a combination of my knees and problems with my joints? I do have a specific diet that I've been on for a while that works well for me.
<center>You can get a knee support...
Depending on what you want to work out...
And what is wrong w/ your knee...
They are reasonably easy to find but can get kind of expensive...
You should go to your local Sporting Goods Store and ask someone about them...
The problem with my knees is partly they are underdeveloped so therefore I'm missing about a third to two thirds of the muscle that should be there so my knee cap moves out of place easily and its hard on the joints. Doing stuff like bending to pick something up is sometimes impossible with my knees. The only other thing to work around is a medicine complication that causes muscle and jont stiffness.
<center>I would ask a doctor...
But the supports should help...
They are for people w/ damaged muscles...
But its kind of like its damaged...
But I would check w/ a doctor...
To stay on the safe side and not risk injuring your self...
gil-galadkn
The problem with my knees is partly they are underdeveloped so therefore I'm missing about a third to two thirds of the muscle that should be there so my knee cap moves out of place easily and its hard on the joints. Doing stuff like bending to pick something up is sometimes impossible with my knees. The only other thing to work around is a medicine complication that causes muscle and jont stiffness.

I agree with Konphuzed2k5. A doctor visit before you begin your training is best.

Oh, and Konphuzed2k5, chicken and fish are good for protien with less fat than pork or beif. Turkey is great too. So are eggs. I don't believe that you really need shakes and stuff like that if you eat right, and take a multi-vitamin.

Try doing a hundred sit ups a day. Thats what I do.

WakeBordrGirl: Don't worry about it. No harm no foul.
The best source of protein that I know of is tofu. It is also one of the most versitable things ever. Also its better for most people to cut down on sugar and cafeine since it strains your adrenaline glands less. There are a lot of other types of grains that provide other nutrients and are really good for you other than wheat.

7,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
I alternate swimming and kickboxing everyday. I ride my bike to college and back home and anywhere else I need to go and I play dance dance revolution.

then again I used to be bulemic/anorexic/diet pill addict and it didnt work I was still fat.

and then I started eating right and exercising and now my friends tell me Im smeksy ^-^ I even got my nipples peirced to celebrate my new bf likes them a lot whee

I guess the secret is *suprize* diet and excersize....gee...who would have guessed?
Akrinimblin
I alternate swimming and kickboxing everyday. I ride my bike to college and back home and anywhere else I need to go and I play dance dance revolution.

then again I used to be bulemic/anorexic/diet pill addict and it didnt work I was still fat.

and then I started eating right and exercising and now my friends tell me Im smeksy ^-^ I even got my nipples peirced to celebrate my new bf likes them a lot whee

I guess the secret is *suprize* diet and excersize....gee...who would have guessed?

DDR rulz! Anyway, I ride a lot too, but I don't get to swim too often. I don't like it half as much as riding anyway. And of course, DDR is on top. Its actually very good for losing weight. A friend of mine did the same thing.

Closets are for toys... cute. xd

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces