Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Fatcat

8,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I'll tell you the most scary on I've had for now sad I also think it was my first time having a lucid dream plus sleep paralysis D:

I dreamt of myself lying in my room, but somehow I wasn't realizing I was dreaming.
I could see myself in fly perspective, or as a third person at first. Peeking down at myself sleeping in my bed.

Suddenly I rose up (the me in the bed), opened my eyes while sitting on my bed watching towards my bedroom door. (Imagine I had a long narrow bedroom, where the door was at the other end but same side as my bed, but distance apart)

I saw a black, shadowy figure standing against my door.
Myself on the bed, or I, decided to ignore it and fall asleep again.

I woke up. And fell asleep.

It was the same dream, but this time I myself was in the bed. First person view. I opened my eyes. There it was. Lunging itself over me and my bed. It had no eyes. and had the appearance of a black, sketchy tall slenderman figure, staring down at me, while shifting around rapidly. That was when I think I had a sleep paralysis. I hopefully woke up from some short but terrorizing seconds, which felt like long ticking minutes, from myself screaming and crying and shaking rapidly.

This is just from a year ago. I am eighteen now. I haven't cried from a real nightmare from I was five. I always remember my dreams. (I have a dream diary)

Greedy Consumer

Nordic_Bjork
I'll tell you the most scary on I've had for now sad I also think it was my first time having a lucid dream plus sleep paralysis D:

I dreamt of myself lying in my room, but somehow I wasn't realizing I was dreaming.
I could see myself in fly perspective, or as a third person at first. Peeking down at myself sleeping in my bed.

Suddenly I rose up (the me in the bed), opened my eyes while sitting on my bed watching towards my bedroom door. (Imagine I had a long narrow bedroom, where the door was at the other end but same side as my bed, but distance apart)

I saw a black, shadowy figure standing against my door.
Myself on the bed, or I, decided to ignore it and fall asleep again.

I woke up. And fell asleep.

It was the same dream, but this time I myself was in the bed. First person view. I opened my eyes. There it was. Lunging itself over me and my bed. It had no eyes. and had the appearance of a black, sketchy tall slenderman figure, staring down at me, while shifting around rapidly. That was when I think I had a sleep paralysis. I hopefully woke up from some short but terrorizing seconds, which felt like long ticking minutes, from myself screaming and crying and shaking rapidly.

This is just from a year ago. I am eighteen now. I haven't cried from a real nightmare from I was five. I always remember my dreams. (I have a dream diary)
dream diaries do help alot with remembering them.
But I believe from my studies on brain anatomy (briefly) that its the left and maybe right temporo-parietal junctions. The left one has doppleganger symptoms whent heres damage to the area, or when the brain is still developing (stops growth spurting around 25) the right one has more to do with yourself being 3rd person but the left is like a doppleganger or something else imposing thats 3rd person. I found this out just briefly, I remember the details but I don't know if the source was highly reputeable. It was a brief page on wiki. Like literally one paragraph, I don't know its source really. That was about the left temporoparietal junciton in relation to doppleganger sensations anyways.

I recently had yet another dream about the apocalypse. I often have them (what does that say about me?) and they always vary. Most of the time they involve zombies, but this one was a bit different.

I woke up as normal, fed my cats, got breakfast ready for my husband. It was a typical Saturday morning- no work I had to go too, and no plans for the day either. My husband woke up, we chatted, and he left for work (he works in a shop, so he often has to work Saturdays, whereas I work in an office and get weekends off).

Anyway, he left and after about ten minutes he came back and said something horrible had happened. There were no people around- nobody in town, no cars anywhere. He'd got to work and nobody was there- they hadn't opened the shop and they hadn't phoned. He'd come home because there was nothing he could do, really, as he wasn't allowed to open the shop by himself.

We both went outside and knocked on a couple of doors but nobody answered. They were just... gone. There was nobody. I tried to phone my mum and thankfully, I got through. She was scared as there was nobody around there, either. My mum, dad and sister were safe. We tried to phone my husband's mum and got no answer.

Initially, it was kind of interesting. We went into the nearest shop and gathered up some bottles of water and things like that as we didn't exactly trust the tap water. By this point we didn't have a clue what was going on, and even as I write this, I still don't know what the cause was. Everyone just went, gone, poof.

The internet, phones, etc. were all working, so it wasn't like the typical zombie apocalypse movies where suddenly nothing works. The showers were hot, the lights were on. It was just so weird.

I woke up before we got to my husband's parents, so I never got to see if they were alive or gone. It was a weird feeling waking up as I literally repeated the first five minutes- getting up, feeding the cats, getting breakfast ready. When I left for work and there were people everywhere, it kind of tripped me out a little bit, haha.

ArcticMars's Husband

Gracious Lunatic

7,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Consumer 100
Try Deciphering my Dream...

I once had a Strange dream...I saw two naked pregnant Children beating a Bandaged man to death, then they exploded no blood came out.

Then I woke up...

Well, I know the meaning of that dream, still would love for someone to tell me.

Greedy Consumer

Kinzard the Insane

I once had a Strange dream...I saw two naked pregnant Children beating a Bandaged man to death, then they exploded no blood came out.

Then I woke up...

Well, I know the meaning of that dream, still would love for someone to tell me.
I could only guess, and I will lol.
Beatings sounds like frustration of some sort.
Were they beating him symmetrically or both on one side of him, both in front of him or what? Did they both look the same? What was the environment like? Did anything happen before that? What was the mood of the dream?

Pregnant could mean you are transitioning to new responsibilities. Bandaged could mean recovering from something, it could mean cursed, which pregnancy could also mean cursed in a dream sort of because its a burden. Not meaning to imply that curses are real. And how bandaged was he? Heavily, or minorly? Entirely?

Also, I want to know your psychological associations with each detail in the dream before I make a decision, it is based on your memories after all. Any family members, friends, or yourself, get bandaged before and what was it like, how about from movies or games? And were these pregnant kids white chinese black or what? Were they naked or clothed?
Do you remember seeing their method of beating being used with any sort of other person in a movie or game?

Do you remember if their hair was straight or tied long or short?

But yeah what I meant for 'curses' is more like burdens. It could be aburden, a responsibility. It could be they were not pregnant but were filling up with air as well, until they exploded, but I'll let you decide that as it was your dream. If it was simply air it'd be easier to interpret however, as it simply translates to being hot headed, full of hot air, etc. Which means anger, and the dream would reflect more on the frustration side. And were the children identical looking? If they were identical then it could mean you simply got angry twice the day before at yourself for being incompetent (in bandages). If they were definitely different, then it means you could have gotten angry at yourself for two different reasons. If they were indeed pregnant with babies and not air, then they exploded. Idk. But no blood means something, it could mean there was no pain, it could mean there was no consequence for you hating yourself but rather you were frustrated trying to think of a solution. But negative dreams usually have immediate consequences, such as waking you up, which is a primary purpose of them sometimes. It means biologically you may have been hungry or thirsty, or even holding your damn breath with sleep apnea (air lol) so your dream thought it necesary to awaken you.

These are just possibilities tho. More information would be useful.

ArcticMars's Husband

Gracious Lunatic

7,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Consumer 100
Gardening_with_Rave_Music
Kinzard the Insane

Then I woke up...

Were they beating him symmetrically or both on one side of him, both in front of him or what? Did they both look the same? What was the environment like? Did anything happen before that? What was the mood of the dream?

Pregnant could mean you are transitioning to new responsibilities. Bandaged could mean recovering from something, it could mean cursed, which pregnancy could also mean cursed in a dream sort of because its a burden. Not meaning to imply that curses are real. And how bandaged was he? Heavily, or minorly? Entirely?

Also, I want to know your psychological associations with each detail in the dream before I make a decision, it is based on your memories after all. Any family members, friends, or yourself, get bandaged before and what was it like, how about from movies or games? And were these pregnant kids white chinese black or what? Were they naked or clothed?
Do you remember seeing their method of beating being used with any sort of other person in a movie or game?

But yeah what I meant for 'curses' is more like burdens. It could be aburden, a responsibility. It could be they were not pregnant but were filling up with air as well, until they exploded, but I'll let you decide that as it was your dream. If it was simply air it'd be easier to interpret however, as it simply translates to being hot headed, full of hot air, etc. Which means anger, and the dream would reflect more on the frustration side. And were the children identical looking? If they were identical then it could mean you simply got angry twice the day before at yourself for being incompetent (in bandages). If they were definitely different, then it means you could have gotten angry at yourself for two different reasons. If they were indeed pregnant with babies and not air, then they exploded. Idk. But no blood means something, it could mean there was no pain, it could mean there was no consequence for you hating yourself but rather you were frustrated trying to think of a solution. But negative dreams usually have immediate consequences, such as waking you up, which is a primary purpose of them sometimes. It means biologically you may have been hungry or thirsty, or even holding your damn breath with sleep apnea (air lol) so your dream thought it necesary to awaken you.

Very Nicely Done, Kudos to you..

yes you've got to about 90% of the story. Brilliant amount of insight and association. I know it was a small and simple dream with obvious key points that you can see meaning of on internet but I still applaud you for being so correct, I guess you've really got about more than 90% really. If you knew me you'd get it 99% right(1% will always end up remaining mystery since even the dreamer wouldn't be able to remember everything perfectly)

Pregnant Means new responsibilities, The children were my existing responsibilities...The bandaged man was my weak and pitiful self. The beating signified that I am unable to bear my own responsibilities...

Them exploding into air, is still a mystery. I think it meant that I gave up everything...nothing matters to me now.

It just means that at that time, I was weak...unable to bear my own responsibilities all the while new ones were on their way...it was too much of a pain...so I gave everything up...nothing matters now...its just too much pain...too much of a headache.

Since I just grew to be 18 at that time...alot of responsibilities befell on me...but since I was irresponsible and lazy child that's obviously little too much for me that time...

I like your skills, Can I give you more dreams to see if you can decipher it? it's fun having someone do that.

Greedy Consumer

Kinzard the Insane
Kinzard the Insane

Then I woke up...

yes you've got to about 90% of the story. Brilliant amount of insight and association. I know it was a small and simple dream with obvious key points that you can see meaning of on internet but I still applaud you for being so correct, I guess you've really got about more than 90% really. If you knew me you'd get it 99% right(1% will always end up remaining mystery since even the dreamer wouldn't be able to remember everything perfectly)

Pregnant Means new responsibilities, The children were my existing responsibilities...The bandaged man was my weak and pitiful self. The beating signified that I am unable to bear my own responsibilities...

Them exploding into air, is still a mystery. I think it meant that I gave up everything...nothing matters to me now.

It just means that at that time, I was weak...unable to bear my own responsibilities all the while new ones were on their way...it was too much of a pain...so I gave everything up...nothing matters now...its just too much pain...too much of a headache.

Since I just grew to be 18 at that time...alot of responsibilities befell on me...but since I was irresponsible and lazy child that's obviously little too much for me that time...

I like your skills, Can I give you more dreams to see if you can decipher it? it's fun having someone do that.
Okay. Also I do not study dream meanings on the internet, I just try and put 2 and 2 together. I don't really practice analyzing my dreams either. I just try to analyze it, like if I had that dream how would I feel about each detail, in relation to myself and other things in the dream. I did analyze some other's dreams before, but it was only like 3 or 4 other times. And, if someone were to lets say, roleplay a dream out or write a story out, I figure its meaning would be similar. Like someone having a monster as the protagonist of a story obviously doesn't get along well with others in their opinion, or veiws themselves as different. Now if someone were a king, that has other implications for how a person feels, or wishes for.

ArcticMars's Husband

Gracious Lunatic

7,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Consumer 100
Kinzard the Insane
Kinzard the Insane

Then I woke up...

Okay. Also I do not study dream meanings on the internet, I just try and put 2 and 2 together. I don't really practice analyzing my dreams either. I just try to analyze it, like if I had that dream how would I feel about each detail, in relation to myself and other things in the dream. I did analyze some other's dreams before, but it was only like 3 or 4 other times. And, if someone were to lets say, roleplay a dream out or write a story out, I figure its meaning would be similar. Like someone having a monster as the protagonist of a story obviously doesn't get along well with others in their opinion, or veiws themselves as different. Now if someone were a king, that has other implications for how a person feels, or wishes for.

Being able to empathize so much, goes to show that you are a good and understanding person inside but vulnerable to hatred and offence. About the same as me but bit more fragile since your understanding is bit better than mine.

Greedy Consumer

Kinzard the Insane
Kinzard the Insane
Kinzard the Insane

Then I woke up...

Being able to empathize so much, goes to show that you are a good and understanding person inside but vulnerable to hatred and offence. About the same as me but bit more fragile since your understanding is bit better than mine.
*shrugs* well if u have another dream feel free to share.

ArcticMars's Husband

Gracious Lunatic

7,300 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Consumer 100
Kinzard the Insane
Kinzard the Insane
Kinzard the Insane

Then I woke up...

*shrugs* well if u have another dream feel free to share.

I had this Crazy dream, I was in my school...there was some sort alien thing hanging around...all my classmates turned out to be some kinda mafia, everyone had their own gun. I ran out of the class to be safe. But a Bulb went out...I tried to go to the stairs so I could go down but as soon I reached near it I heard a man scream "IRON BOOTS" as he rushed towards me(it felt very much like Ichi the killer, it's a manga about a Wimp who becomes assassin and gets used because of his convenient insanity and his violence addiction, the way he kills is really really messy and he gets sexually aroused from it too) He jumped onto me and at that instant...I felt he violently and brutally murdered me...I was dead. Could hear nothing, could see nothing. but that instant was really peaceful and quiet...when I woke up I was shocked...and somewhat felt disturbed, as if I really died and came back.

Gracious Muse

16,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Here's my most memorable dream.

In my dream, I was going on a date with my boyfriend at the time. We had been going through some issues and I thought we were destined to break up (which we did, we're trying to fix things now though). During the date, he kept changing between three different versions of himself that I've come to know. Through the first half of the date I was talking to the depressed version of him. This version looked very tired and worn out, he was a little overweight, and frowned the entire time he was there. I tried to start conversations and make jokes with him like people normally do on dates but he was just not having it. He would simply respond with "Yeah" or "Oh, that's cool."

We were served our food and that's when he changed into the second version, an angry version of himself. He looked similar to the depressed version but something about him was just on edge. His had a scowl on his face and looked ready to go off at any moment. I'm not sure what I talked about with that version but it ended up with him blaming something on me and us arguing.

Then on the car ride home, he changed into yet another version. This version was incredibly friendly and happy. He wasn't as overweight, he was smiling, and very energetic. We laughed the whole ride and he made smile and feel all warm inside.

As the happy version opened the car door for me, I realized I was standing before all three versions of him. The depressed one was standing there frowning, the angry one looked like he couldn't wait to leave, and the happy one looked at me with these amorous eyes. Each one was looking at me as if expecting me to say something. Then I woke up.

It seems kinda cheesy when I write it down, but it really did put a lot of things into perspective for me.

Greedy Consumer

November Days
Here's my most memorable dream.

In my dream, I was going on a date with my boyfriend at the time. We had been going through some issues and I thought we were destined to break up (which we did, we're trying to fix things now though). During the date, he kept changing between three different versions of himself that I've come to know. Through the first half of the date I was talking to the depressed version of him. This version looked very tired and worn out, he was a little overweight, and frowned the entire time he was there. I tried to start conversations and make jokes with him like people normally do on dates but he was just not having it. He would simply respond with "Yeah" or "Oh, that's cool."

We were served our food and that's when he changed into the second version, an angry version of himself. He looked similar to the depressed version but something about him was just on edge. His had a scowl on his face and looked ready to go off at any moment. I'm not sure what I talked about with that version but it ended up with him blaming something on me and us arguing.

Then on the car ride home, he changed into yet another version. This version was incredibly friendly and happy. He wasn't as overweight, he was smiling, and very energetic. We laughed the whole ride and he made smile and feel all warm inside.

As the happy version opened the car door for me, I realized I was standing before all three versions of him. The depressed one was standing there frowning, the angry one looked like he couldn't wait to leave, and the happy one looked at me with these amorous eyes. Each one was looking at me as if expecting me to say something. Then I woke up.

It seems kinda cheesy when I write it down, but it really did put a lot of things into perspective for me.
Dante's Inferno, one face is crying, the other angry, and I forget the third one. I never read it fully but this was in like the last and like 30th layer of hell or something. I don't know the point or analysis of Dante's Inferno but I think it was used as a story to explain some aspect of religion that was darker or would be darker if the religion were true, but I cannot say for sure. But triadic symbols tend to be past/present/future, son/father/holyghost, id/ego/superego. So idk, thats probably a whole bunch of overanalytical stuff. But I feel like bringing it up anyways, take it with plenty of grains of salt.

It reminds me of that.

Eloquent Elocutionist

6,050 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
I recently had a false awakening where I believed I was being woken up by someone grabbing my arm. When I looked over to see who it was, I saw myself standing there, gripping me. It didn't seem scary, or reassuring, or even meaningful. It was just me waking me up. A sort of strangely empty moment.

I've dreamed of shadow men before. A handful of them came through the window and stood around me in a circle. They were human shape but had no clothes or features to distinguish, and although I was surprised to see them, I was not scared of them. They began to rotate in a circle at a quickening pace until I could feel the air in the room being whipped up around me and felt an intense pressure on my chest. Suddenly I awoke in the same room and they were gone and I couldn't move my body for several seconds. It was frightening being unable to move for so long, but thankfully my boyfriend was sleeping beside me so I was able to calm down rather quickly afterward.

Inquisitive Bookworm

17,175 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
Probably one of simpler ones I've had, but surprisingly terrifying:

The area (town, whatever) felt like my hometown (Mildura) in terms of I was trying to walk somewhere and the way I was envisioning getting there in my mind was using a layout that looked like Mildura's. I was walking along a path within eyesight of the river, which was majestically larger and deeper and more built-around than it actually is IRL, like, ocean cruise ships could have gone through it happily kinda big. As I was going along one such massive cruise ship beeps it's horn at me as if to greet (the houseboats back home often did this). I eventually encountered a walkway that was concrete and white waist-high railing that stretched to the big body of water that fed into the river that I would have to cross (this bit doesn't exist IRL), the path itself folding on itself in a snake-like zig-zag (I might draw this later and add it in). While walking this path I encounter two skater-types briefly. One was on a BMX and jumped a section of railing to continue riding in the opposite direction to that which I was going, the other guy with him made some small talk with me (I've forgotten) as we passed. I eventually make it to the end of the path where I'm confronted by a very intimidating view. To the left is the river, to the right is a massive dam-like wall, and I don't remember what I saw ahead. But I jumped into the water seemingly without any hesitation to start making my way across or something when I notice a massive cruise ship (though paddle-steam-driven?) come in from the left or right, I forget now. It's paddles were that strong that as soon as it was even slightly close to me it was an amazing affect on the water, almost whirl-pooling it and sucking me into the paddles (and sure death --- I was worried at the time), at this point I actually just shut my eyes and hoped this didn't happen. Soon I seemed to stop being moved around (the paddles must have slowed down or stopped) and the water level started to rise pretty violently, I know it was quicker than my body naturally floated up because I had to swim up to meet the surface again to catch my breath. Here I saw a woman who seemed roughly the same weight as me, hanging onto some sort of raft or other floating device, and when the water rose a second time, dragging me under, she seemed perfectly fine. As I resurface again she may have said something, I forgot, something helpful I feel for next time I try it, then left. I get the feeling then the water level was that of the top of the massive dam-like wall, as if it allow the boat to then travel through on that level, but the dream ends there without any further awareness of the boat.

*I didn't specifically recognise any of the people I encountered.

*I might draw 2-3 particular areas from this dream and add them in-line with the text to help the story. I seem to remember certain parts quite vividly so I may as well record it.

Here's a link to the journal page, of which this is an extract, if you wish to engage in conversation with me about it - http://www.gaiaonline.com/journal/?mode=view&post_id=34701833&u=13417270

Merry Bachelorette

I once dreamt of zombies going after me and there was this squisher between us. I magically got to the other side and when they tried to do the same, they all ended up being zombie juices.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff