Welcome to Gaia! ::

Deathly Protagonist

Wild Herb
savagesarge
Pinguicula

but there are so many forms of ''psychopath'' for insance narcissists, sociopaths, tend to also be categorized with psychopaths by therapists. but it makes sense because, well their tactics and social behavior is disorderly. someone may very well have psychopathic tendencies, i knew a whole family of sociopaths with fringe narcissistic behavior last year. alcoholism,self harm, depression, refusal to get help, not being able to take criticism, acting out in irrashional over dramatic scenes, intimidation, slander, emotional blackmail, cognitive dissonance, it's all psychopathic to me lol.

Could you please make you posts even more unreadeable ? Are you afraid of being read?

Anyways...

Those behaviours are not even close to what you call psychopathic or sociopathic.

wait what? did you just quote me to insult my grammar ? im confused...
those are all traits that are common among psychopaths, its all over the world wide web
and i know a lot of other victims of narcissists and sociopaths who have described linking
behaviors, psychopaths are very rarely the types that actually go running down the street naked, well at least the ones in my life. they always come off as normal people and drag you in then its too late, the hoovering happens, the insults, the stalking, the slandering and smearing, the belittling and lack of empathy. thats what makes the psychopath a true psychopath, lack of empathy.

I have no empathy.
I dont go outside naked.
Those two arent even ******** related.

Sparkly Demigod

6,050 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Fluff Rehab 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Mari Arara
Wild Herb
savagesarge
Pinguicula

but there are so many forms of ''psychopath'' for insance narcissists, sociopaths, tend to also be categorized with psychopaths by therapists. but it makes sense because, well their tactics and social behavior is disorderly. someone may very well have psychopathic tendencies, i knew a whole family of sociopaths with fringe narcissistic behavior last year. alcoholism,self harm, depression, refusal to get help, not being able to take criticism, acting out in irrashional over dramatic scenes, intimidation, slander, emotional blackmail, cognitive dissonance, it's all psychopathic to me lol.

Could you please make you posts even more unreadeable ? Are you afraid of being read?

Anyways...

Those behaviours are not even close to what you call psychopathic or sociopathic.

those are all traits that are common among psychopaths, its all over the world wide web
and i know a lot of other victims of narcissists and sociopaths who have described linking
behaviors, psychopaths are very rarely the types that actually go running down the street naked, well at least the ones in my life. they always come off as normal people and drag you in then its too late, the hoovering happens, the insults, the stalking, the slandering and smearing, the belittling and lack of empathy. thats what makes the psychopath a true psychopath, lack of empathy.

I have no empathy.
I dont go outside naked.

not everyone will show the same symptoms of neurosis. not every psychopath runs outside naked and not every sociopath is a serial killer like patrick bateman. ive spend a considerable amount of time researching psychology and personality disorders. if you have been clinically assessed and diagnosed by a psychiatrist as showing a concerning lack of empathy and exhibit antisocial behavior you will most likely be diagnosed as a psychopath or a sociopath depending on your other symptoms.you do have empathy, you just don't realize it. if you can treat another human being with respect, and control yourself from antisocial behavior such as crime,abuse,neglect and a host of other things then you most likely have empathy. psychopaths don't feel things like embarassment, or love. they are superficial. do you realize that psychopaths fake their who personality? they don't have the means to feel empathy and connect with other human beings so they mirror other people to be accepted into social circles since they suffer with identity crisis. they are very toxic people and have difficulty keeping close interpersonal relationships. if you are interested in learning more about psychopaths then a college course in psychology is a place to start or if its more a hobby then books. the emotional and sometimes physical damage and havoc wrecked on the lives of people by sociopaths,psychopaths,narcissists etc those with no empathy are extremely damaging and i can spot the signs like white on rice now, after years of study and experience with true psychopaths. you know the most biggest giveaway someone is not a real psychopath? when they claim to be a psychopath. people with clinical sociopathy,psychopathy or narcissism do not seek help so its very rare for them to ''come out'' with such claims. not saying it doesn't happen, but its rare. sociopaths,psychopaths are basically the same thing. don't confuse a psychopath with psychotic. someone can indeed be a psychotic sociopath and exhibit a number of symptoms. i doubt you lack a conscience and are a psychopath. psychopaths are manipulative and very cunning, they have ways of getting what they want out of people and using them without the victim ever knowing.they don't have a concept of love, hate, pity, etc. they commit the acts they do without rhyme or reason.

Deathly Protagonist

Wild Herb
Mari Arara
Wild Herb
savagesarge
Pinguicula

Anyways...

I have no empathy.
I dont go outside naked.

not everyone will show the same symptoms of neurosis. not every psychopath runs outside naked and not every sociopath is a serial killer like patrick bateman. ive spend a considerable amount of time researching psychology and personality disorders. if you have been clinically assessed and diagnosed by a psychiatrist as showing a concerning lack of empathy and exhibit antisocial behavior you will most likely be diagnosed as a psychopath or a sociopath depending on your other symptoms.you do have empathy, you just don't realize it. if you can treat another human being with respect, and control yourself from antisocial behavior such as crime,abuse,neglect and a host of other things then you most likely have empathy. psychopaths don't feel things like embarassment, or love. they are superficial. do you realize that psychopaths fake their who personality? they don't have the means to feel empathy and connect with other human beings so they mirror other people to be accepted into social circles since they suffer with identity crisis. they are very toxic people and have difficulty keeping close interpersonal relationships. if you are interested in learning more about psychopaths then a college course in psychology is a place to start or if its more a hobby then books. the emotional and sometimes physical damage and havoc wrecked on the lives of people by sociopaths,psychopaths,narcissists etc those with no empathy are extremely damaging and i can spot the signs like white on rice now, after years of study and experience with true psychopaths. you know the most biggest giveaway someone is not a real psychopath? when they claim to be a psychopath. people with clinical sociopathy,psychopathy or narcissism do not seek help so its very rare for them to ''come out'' with such claims. not saying it doesn't happen, but its rare. sociopaths,psychopaths are basically the same thing. don't confuse a psychopath with psychotic. someone can indeed be a psychotic sociopath and exhibit a number of symptoms. i doubt you lack a conscience and are a psychopath. psychopaths are manipulative and very cunning, they have ways of getting what they want out of people and using them without the victim ever knowing.they don't have a concept of love, hate, pity, etc. they commit the acts they do without rhyme or reason.

blah blah blah wall of text sucking the DSM's d**k

tell me, why is being a "psychopath" bad. why do u care if i don't care. how does it effect you.

Sparkly Prophet

10,275 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Timid 100
I agree! I also hate when people use 'Schizo'. It seems to be picking up popularity.
Glad to know that I'm not the only one who has always been bothered by this. I hate it when people misuse the word "psychotic" to make it seem like it means violent or abusive. I also dislike when people say things like, "I'm so OCD...because I like to organize." People should stop trivializing disorders.
i think it's worse when people misuse the term "*****"

Like a while ago in my city, some 14 year old molested a 12 year old, and the media was calling him a *****. . .

Newbie Hunter

words have differnet meanings in different contexts.

But if you're really that OCD about a stupid word, you better stop using words like dumb, and lame.

Newbie Hunter

Erin_Shennal
I agree.. I hear people say "oh she's just being psycho" or "wow thats psycho" and they don't understand what it truly means. Its a good topic to bring up. I have psychosis and i really dislike when people misuse the terminology, it furthers the stigma..

Are you sure?
Because I don't think you understand what it means.

It's a prefix borrowed from Greek that means "of the mind", or "consciousness". "psychic" comes from the same word.
xxxx

Inquisitive Bookworm

11,450 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Timid 100
mirein meyun
Erin_Shennal
I agree.. I hear people say "oh she's just being psycho" or "wow thats psycho" and they don't understand what it truly means. Its a good topic to bring up. I have psychosis and i really dislike when people misuse the terminology, it furthers the stigma..

Are you sure?

It's a prefix borrowed from Greek that means "of the mind", or "consciousness". "psychic" comes from the same word.
xxxx

it doesn't make it any less hurtful coming from those who do not understand the original context of the word

Newbie Hunter

Erin_Shennal
mirein meyun
Erin_Shennal

Are you sure?

xxxx

it doesn't make it any less hurtful coming from those who do not understand the original context of the word

It's only hurtful if you perceive it as hurtful.
People, when they call a murder psycho, isn't meaning it in the same context as having a "psychotic episode". But if you take it that way, you will be offended.
Mars the Limbstealer
idc how crazy your ex is, don't call someone "psychotic" unless they actually experience psychosis... which isnt a synonym for being violent and abusive, it means an extreme state of disassociation with the real world, hallucinations, paranoia etc.

my partner has psychotic episodes and hes the least likely person to ever be abusive. ty

THIS ^

As someone that suffers from bipolar 1 with severe mania accompanied by psychosis, I find it somewhat infuriating when people throw around the words bipolar and psychotic casually. It is especially hurtful when people use these terms in order to insult another person.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff