6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Pseudo-Onkelos
Solar Void
Pseudo-Onkelos
Solar Void
Saying the subconscious doesn't exist is going too far. How the ******** would a mind even function without a subconscious?

Is there a super-consciousness? You know, since there's consciousness and unconsciousness. If there's a sub-consciousness, surely there's a super-consciousness.

Just because there can be pink pigs and black pigs, does not mean there is a vibrantly green pig.

That's not the same thing.

Exactly. It's not the same thing at all.

Adored Admirer

Solar Void
Pseudo-Onkelos
Solar Void
Pseudo-Onkelos
Solar Void
Saying the subconscious doesn't exist is going too far. How the ******** would a mind even function without a subconscious?

Is there a super-consciousness? You know, since there's consciousness and unconsciousness. If there's a sub-consciousness, surely there's a super-consciousness.

Just because there can be pink pigs and black pigs, does not mean there is a vibrantly green pig.

That's not the same thing.

Exactly. It's not the same thing at all.

I'm glad you acknowledge your comparison was faulty.
Solar Void
CH1YO
Solar Void
CH1YO
Solar Void

Actually that was a mix up. I mostly wanted to rage at the stupid "psychologist" cuz she said that. So I apologize for that. Actually I don't have much of a problem with you honestly, i guess I thought you were the psychologist I wanted to rage against. She seems overly presumptuous just because she claims to be a psychologist. Although she is right about it being impossible to constantly wonder. There's always gaps.

Agreeing with me on some things is a good start.

It really is no shame to know less than me, don't be scared.

For a psychologist your quite stupid. But I forgot, Psychologists are presumptious assholes who believe they are god just because they got some piece of paper for going to college and paying attention in a classroom.

Am I correct in assuming, from what you have written, that you are willing to accept that you have basically no knowledge in this area?

I'm willing to believe you are horribly wrong in assuming ANYTHING.

That is not really relevant. Am I correct in assuming, from what you have written, that you are willing to accept that you have basically no knowledge in this area?
AvenirLegacy
How long until a Jungian Analysis shows up?

Jung is old fashioned without having the classic charm of Freud.

Invisible Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
CH1YO
Solar Void
CH1YO
Solar Void
CH1YO
Solar Void

Actually that was a mix up. I mostly wanted to rage at the stupid "psychologist" cuz she said that. So I apologize for that. Actually I don't have much of a problem with you honestly, i guess I thought you were the psychologist I wanted to rage against. She seems overly presumptuous just because she claims to be a psychologist. Although she is right about it being impossible to constantly wonder. There's always gaps.

Agreeing with me on some things is a good start.

It really is no shame to know less than me, don't be scared.

For a psychologist your quite stupid. But I forgot, Psychologists are presumptious assholes who believe they are god just because they got some piece of paper for going to college and paying attention in a classroom.

Am I correct in assuming, from what you have written, that you are willing to accept that you have basically no knowledge in this area?

That is not really relevant. Am I correct in assuming, from what you have written, that you are willing to accept that you have basically no knowledge in this area?

If you can't make such a simple connection then I already believe that everything you have to say is wrong. But basically, yes you are wrong to assume that I lack knowledge in the area of the subconscious, the brain, the mind, or anything related to the mental realm.

Gaian

CH1YO
AvenirLegacy
How long until a Jungian Analysis shows up?

Jung is old fashioned without having the classic charm of Freud.

Fascinating.

Adored Admirer

"If someone talks of subconsciousness, I cannot tell whether he means the term topographically – to indicate something lying in the mind beneath consciousness – or qualitatively – to indicate another consciousness, a subterranean one, as it were. He is probably not clear about any of it. The only trustworthy antithesis is between conscious and unconscious." - Freud

Thanks, Wackypedia.
Solar Void
CH1YO
Solar Void
CH1YO
Solar Void

If you can't make such a simple connection then I already believe that everything you have to say is wrong. But basically, yes you are wrong to assume that I lack knowledge in the area of the subconscious, the brain, the mind, or anything related to the mental realm.

You conceal it well. Just what is the level of your psychological knowledge?

Invisible Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Pseudo-Onkelos
"If someone talks of subconsciousness, I cannot tell whether he means the term topographically – to indicate something lying in the mind beneath consciousness – or qualitatively – to indicate another consciousness, a subterranean one, as it were. He is probably not clear about any of it. The only trustworthy antithesis is between conscious and unconscious." - Freud

Thanks, Wackypedia.

So Freud is just right about everything he has ever said, huh? Especially while making every hypothesis he ever made in a culture and time where everyone was sex depraved and scared to accept their own emotions. Oh and, don't let me forget to mention Wikipedia, which anyone can add or subtract from.

Invisible Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
CH1YO
Solar Void
CH1YO
Solar Void
CH1YO
Solar Void

If I was truly concealing my level of psychological level, then what makes you think that I would reveal it just upon a simple questioning? Someone who goes around insulting others based solely upon psychological knowledge can't be very confident in themselves, also to have to go so far as to insult other peoples intelligence and try to judge their state of being in life, just to prove your own point only proves your lack of self-security with your own knowledge. Just being a psychologists ultimately means nothing, as I'm sure someone who is oh so educated as yourself fully well knows.
Solar Void
CH1YO
Solar Void
CH1YO
Solar Void

If I was truly concealing my level of psychological level, then what makes you think that I would reveal it just upon a simple questioning? Someone who goes around insulting others based solely upon psychological knowledge can't be very confident in themselves, also to have to go so far as to insult other peoples intelligence and try to judge their state of being in life, just to prove your own point only proves your lack of self-security with your own knowledge. Just being a psychologists ultimately means nothing, as I'm sure someone who is oh so educated as yourself fully well knows.

The fact of your denying your apparent ignorance could be taken as a sign that you want your knowledge to be known. It may be a new experience to you but in discussion it is important to try to answer questions as opposed to whatever it is you think that you are doing.

Invisible Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
CH1YO
Solar Void
CH1YO
Solar Void
CH1YO
Solar Void

The fact of your denying your apparent ignorance could be taken as a sign that you want your knowledge to be known. It may be a new experience to you but in discussion it is important to try to answer questions as opposed to whatever it is you think that you are doing.

Ignorance is boundless, no matter how much you've awakened to realizations and epitomes there is always and will always be more to be ignorant towards. That being said let me ask you, are you a politician or a psychologist? As a political battle, yes, to please the crowds I would have to answer the question to some degree, and to answer your question to a more than satisfactory degree, seeing as how I owe you nothing, I am more than proficiently informed on the happenings of the psychological world. But this argument is not about who holds higher status, for their is no other way to determine ones level besides what has been recognized by peer and public, except for proving yourself outright.

In this regard I mean to say, just in case you couldn't understand my still shallow argument, that a queen is no better than a pawn who has reached the other side of the board.

EDIT:I've caught myself in somewhat of a tangent so let me simplify, it is important to answer questions ONLY IF they truly provide insight into the discussion at hand. Our so called psychological levels (this isn't a video game) have nothing to do with the amount of psychological knowledge withheld inside of us.
Solar Void
CH1YO
Solar Void
CH1YO
Solar Void

Ignorance is boundless, no matter how much you've awakened to realizations and epitomes there is always and will always be more to be ignorant towards. That being said let me ask you, are you a politician or a psychologist? As a political battle, yes, to please the crowds I would have to answer the question to some degree, and to answer your question to a more than satisfactory degree, seeing as how I owe you nothing, I am more than proficiently informed on the happenings of the psychological world. But this argument is not about who holds higher status, for their is no other way to determine ones level besides what has been recognized by peer and public, except for proving yourself outright.

In this regard I mean to say, just in case you couldn't understand my still shallow argument, that a queen is no better than a pawn who has reached the other side of the board.

EDIT:I've caught myself in somewhat of a tangent so let me simplify, it is important to answer questions ONLY IF they truly provide insight into the discussion at hand. Our so called psychological levels (this isn't a video game) have nothing to do with the amount of psychological knowledge withheld inside of us.

It was entire relevant a question as the answer enables me to expand upon the topic without major redundancy. Just because you do not see the point to a question does not invalidate it.

Solar Void
How [...] would a mind even function without a subconscious?

I now must ask what you mean, by all means in basic terms, what you mean by a mind functioning and more specifically by a mind.

Adored Admirer

Solar Void
Pseudo-Onkelos

Thanks, Wackypedia.

So Freud is just right about everything he has ever said, huh? Especially while making every hypothesis he ever made in a culture and time where everyone was sex depraved and scared to accept their own emotions. Oh and, don't let me forget to mention Wikipedia, which anyone can add or subtract from.

Where did I say Freud is just right about everything he has ever said? What is with you people at Sociology and Psychology exaggerating bullshit? Now why did you quote me if you didn't even reply to me before? You wanted to tell me your opinion? Bully for you.

And as for Wikipedia, I don't give a ******** if things can be added or subtracted. That's not an argument, so if there is a problem with what Wikipedia says, go there and report it or fix it. Don't tell me.

Invisible Prophet

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Pseudo-Onkelos
Solar Void
Pseudo-Onkelos

Thanks, Wackypedia.

Where did I say Freud is just right about everything he has ever said? What is with you people at Sociology and Psychology exaggerating bullshit? Now why did you quote me if you didn't even reply to me before? You wanted to tell me your opinion? Bully for you.

And as for Wikipedia, I don't give a ******** if things can be added or subtracted. That's not an argument, so if there is a problem with what Wikipedia says, go there and report it or fix it. Don't tell me.

You repeated yourself. I saw no reason to reply. Let me simplify myself for you, Just because there is a subconscious and a consciousness does not mean there has to be a super consciousness.

And now for this post, I'm saying that your wikipedia quote means ******** here.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff