Welcome to Gaia! ::

Posties
CH1YO
Yes, people think almost constantly. No, no one yourself included thinks critically about everything.
I think critically about everything.

If you reflect on that statement critically you will realise that it is simply not true.

Distinct Poster

CH1YO
Posties
CH1YO
Yes, people think almost constantly. No, no one yourself included thinks critically about everything.

If you reflect on that statement critically you will realise that it is simply not true.
Nope, I make big and little of every single situation to further make sure I leave no details out.

Mewling Consumer

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200
Posties
CH1YO
Posties
CH1YO

Nope, I make big and little of every single situation to further make sure I leave no details out.
Are you sure about that? How many mundane activities do you do each day that involve a lack of critical thinking? How can you maintain a conversation at any decent rate if you thought critically about everything the person said? Have you ever said or did something as a reflexive action? Have you ever reacted emotionally in an argument or out of stress? Isn't it an error in critical thinking to generalize to all situations from the ones that do involve more active decision making?

Distinct Poster

AliKat1988
Posties
CH1YO
Posties
CH1YO

Are you sure about that? How many mundane activities do you do each day that involve a lack of critical thinking? How can you maintain a conversation at any decent rate if you thought critically about everything the person said? Have you ever said or did something as a reflexive action? Have you ever reacted emotionally in an argument or out of stress? Isn't it an error in critical thinking to generalize to all situations from the ones that do involve more active decision making?
Even the most mundane of activities can use critical thinking. Never done something out of a reflexive action, I have only done actions that are seemingly reflexive.
As a child I acted off of emotion, but in recent years(6) I have not. As I said before I don't just think critically, I think pedantically, sardonically, sarcastically, passively and more on a subconscious level. It's not an error to generalize to all situations, because I know for sure when having a conversation what every single outcome will be which doesn't imply I will say it. I wouldn't want to be rude and say "BLAH BLAH BLAH, YOU"RE JUST OVER ANALYZING AND OR UNDER-ANALYZING" which seemingly makes every single conversation, movie, sport, activity severely morbid. Not much people have felt the pain of being pre-assumptively precise(When I say this it doesn't mean I'm a self sympathizer or even want sympathy). In about a year at school I probably said about 12 pages of words which includes, reading and conversations. I can't hold a conversation as you said because it's quite hard to deviate between some thought processes and most people I have spoke to just get confused, so I belittle myself to speaking about things I know they like.

Distinct Poster

Posties
AliKat1988
Posties
CH1YO
Posties
CH1YO

Even the most mundane of activities can use critical thinking. Never done something out of a reflexive action, I have only done actions that are seemingly reflexive.
As a child I acted off of emotion, but in recent years(6) I have not. As I said before I don't just think critically, I think pedantically, sardonically, sarcastically, passively and more on a subconscious level. It's not an error to generalize to all situations, because I know for sure when having a conversation what every single outcome will be which doesn't imply I will say it. I wouldn't want to be rude and say "BLAH BLAH BLAH, YOU"RE JUST OVER ANALYZING AND OR UNDER-ANALYZING" which seemingly makes every single conversation, movie, sport, activity severely morbid. Not much people have felt the pain of being pre-assumptively precise(When I say this it doesn't mean I'm a self sympathizer or even want sympathy). In about a year at school I probably said about 12 pages of words which includes, reading and conversations. I can't hold a conversation as you said because it's quite hard to deviate between some thought processes and most people I have spoke to just get confused, so I belittle myself to speaking about things I know they like.
Edit** I associate emotion reactions in my scenarios with logic, which does imply for something to hurt my feelings it must be illogical.

Benevolent Wife

14,100 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Posties

rockin response man heart

Distinct Poster

Madam Kagu
Posties

Thanks. smile
Posties
AliKat1988
Posties
CH1YO
Posties
CH1YO

It is my critical opinion that the subconscious does not exist.

Distinct Poster

CH1YO
Posties
AliKat1988
Posties
CH1YO

Why do you think the subconscious doesn't exist?
Posties
CH1YO
Posties
AliKat1988
Posties
CH1YO

It is unnecessary.

Distinct Poster

CH1YO
Posties
CH1YO
Posties
AliKat1988

It is unnecessary.
Is that your explanation or are you saying, you explaining is "unnecessary?"
Posties
CH1YO
Posties
CH1YO
Posties
AliKat1988

It is unnecessary.

That is my explanation.

Distinct Poster

CH1YO
Posties
CH1YO
Posties
CH1YO

It is unnecessary.

That is my explanation.
Regardless if you're trying to convince me or not, that's a very poor explanation.I hate every tangible convenience, because it's unnecessary.
Posties
CH1YO
Posties
CH1YO
Posties
CH1YO

It is unnecessary.

That is my explanation.
Regardless if you're trying to convince me or not, that's a very poor explanation.I hate every tangible convenience, because it's unnecessary.

That's not how necessity works.

Benevolent Wife

14,100 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Posties
Madam Kagu
Posties

Thanks. smile

After a while I get tired of holding up an argument so I give you props for being dedicated lol.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff