Welcome to Gaia! ::

Magical Shounen

9,600 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Magical Girl 50
My friend and I were talking and I was asking his opinion on a kidnapping fantasy I was writing and he was uncomfortable with the notion people like being kidnapped. He says it could easily evolve into them like being raped or raping other people. As I have no major or even a minor in psychology what is your opinion on this? What's your opinion on kidnap fantasy popular on blogs and to an extent on here with Slave Master Roleplays? Is it really a harmful taste or if your a reasonably sane person just for fun? Do people who act out with their trusted partners kidnap fantasies mentally disturbed? I tried explaining but as I said I'm not very good with psychology.

Super Cyclops

If you asked the morally supreme they'd say yes, anyone who roleplays their freakon is a sicko and should be isolated from the properly decent rest of society. For that matter to them considering having any fun from it is a deviation in itself (that doesn't stop them from cheating on their legitimate wives with men but that's not of the issue here).

Someone less biased would say there's no harm in this sort of thing as long it's consensual. So as long as it doesn't involve actually kidnapping and raping someone in their basement it's perfectly okay (apart from someone being turned on by such a scenario).

You would probably not get a good answer from a psychology experts cos they never agree on anything, despite what the media tells you, so you're likely to recieve a range of opinions, from "everyone has fantasies" to "you should be isolated right now you freak".

So here's what I'd say (also not very good on psychology wink ). People have the nastiest fantasies (like it's said many women fantasize about being raped) and it all comes down to how accepting their partner is. Some will say no to anything but mish, others will eagerly comply when you suggest to put your hand in their a**. Everyone's disturbed one way or another, whether they'll admit it or not. I'm not into kidnapping but if you (or anyone else) wants to practise it in the privacy of their bedroom who am I to intrude. As long as it's consensual.

Argh, this turned into a rant... Is this even what you asked about? sweatdrop

Friendly Shapeshifter

5,000 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
I would say that it is not harmful to have a kidnapping fetish. A fetish is a consensual fantasy between two grown adults who agree to it, not reality and there is a stark difference between the two. A fantasy can be stopped at any moment and the situation taken control of with a safeword - in reality, that does not happen.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff