Newbie Noob

I do this consciously and subconsciously, I think everyone does. When I was in early elementary school, my counselor and teachers misdiagnosed me with Aspergers (which I do not have) and I vividly remember them teaching me to always do what the other kids are doing as much as I can, therefore copying their social traits and feigning some form of understanding. I didn't have to fake - I understood social interaction and relationships fine, I just didn't form them out of not having similar interests to those around me. I still catch myself purposefully becoming like the people around me, I guess it was so ingrained in my mind as a child that I thought it was the normal thing to do and it just became a habit. Around 2008 I developed DID and it's gotten worst since that point, which is interesting considering I went from being a single person who mirrored everyone to being multiple people who I sometimes have no sense of control over. Maybe there's a connection.

Point is though, it's human nature. We all do this and we can't really help it. I think it's more of a social disorder if you're incapable of assimilating in any way to those around you.