Welcome to Gaia! ::

A year ago I was reading a magazine and there was a story about a girl who commited sucide. Later, the police found on her computer's history a pro-suicide website that she belonged to. There, she had joined in a chat room where people encouraged her to kill herself and aided her in planning her suicide.

What my question is to you, is what do you think about these site?
(my opinion on this is neutral)
I think Pro-Suicide sites are just as stupid (if not stupider) as Pro-Anorexia sites.
I think somewhere someone needs to feel like they belong. Maybe we should try and find a way for these people to get their feelings out in other ways. You know, instead of having to resort to pro-something sites. Like...Depression Therapy Forums or something.
I think that people should live their lives how they wish and if that means that they are going to off themselves so be it.

5,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Person of Interest 200
The people on the other end, those giving advice and help on how to commit suicide are those that are really sick. It is one thing to acknowledge the pain someone may be in, but it is another to tell them that the only answer to that is suicide and then to aid them in carrying it out. No one should be encouraged to commit suicide, no one should be told that it is the only answer.
sad_parade
A year ago I was reading a magazine and there was a story about a girl who commited sucide. Later, the police found on her computer's history a pro-suicide website that she belonged to. There, she had joined in a chat room where people encouraged her to kill herself and aided her in planning her suicide.

What my question is to you, is what do you think about these site?
(my opinion on this is neutral)

I would call such sites Pro-natual selection. If a person is weak and stupid enough to let such petty and hatefull people effect their lives in such a way, maybe it is better they off themselves.
Um, sites like that shouldn't even be aloud to operate.
It is a free world, though, isn't it?
It's a crying shame about what the world has come to.
I think the reason sites like that are created is because people think there is no other way to solve their problems. Yet, I agree that they are not right, especially the people giving their advice. There are ways to help people cope with depression
I don't understand how someone can encourage another person to commit suicide.
I´m totally against those sites!!! If u want to commit suicide it is because u r going through a hard situation in ur life... like depression and if u encourage someone to do it WTF!!!
Sage_of_Icaria
I would call such sites Pro-natual selection.

You know nothing of natural selection or the mathematics behind it.
Honestly I think they should not exist, because studies have shown that peer support can deter sucides, but if there are people pushing them to do it then they probably will. It's a sad commentary on our society that such things exist in the world.
Well, unfortuneatly you are a really weak-minded person if you are going to let people you don't even know convince you that suicide is the onle way out. But suicide is a permanent solution to a temorary problem. I just hope that if you off yourself you better ******** think about the people around you and how it will effect them. It is your decision not some douchebag getting off on making some adolecents life harder than it already is. If you are like that you don't even deserve hell.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
I too read an article about a year ago about Pro-Suicide websites. I think it's wrong. First, the people on the internet don't know the whole story, so they can't tell people to commit suicide. Second, suicide is often selfish. Kill yourself and your friends and family must go through the unbearable suffering of losing a loved one.
I don't see how people offering advice can just do that. People are saying their "weak minded" - well yes, they are.. they're depressed and vulnerable at that time in their lives and need support, someone telling them how to kill themselves and encouraging it isn't the kind of support they need but maybe, its the only support they have.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff