Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kitcat6363
CH1YO
Kitcat6363
Yay, someone else with good advice!!! Sorry, the first person really annoyed me.

That's not very grown-up now is it?
...Do you HAVE ADD???

That is honestly none of your business.

Shadowy Rogue

3,700 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
CH1YO
Kitcat6363
CH1YO
Kitcat6363
Yay, someone else with good advice!!! Sorry, the first person really annoyed me.

...Do you HAVE ADD???

Your advice appears to come from a perspective of someone who really doesn't understand it.

Wasn't going to say anything because I appreciate the effort, but... yeah.
Tuah
CH1YO
Kitcat6363
CH1YO
Kitcat6363

...Do you HAVE ADD???

Your advice appears to come from a perspective of someone who really doesn't understand it.

Wasn't going to say anything because I appreciate the effort, but... yeah.

We live in a big wide world but still there's no one who understands the phenomenon.

Mewling Consumer

16,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hive Mind 200
Tuah
Kitcat6363
Tuah
Thanks for the replies, everyone. I don't have an actual diagnosis but it appears (and I'm getting the official test results back for this in a week) that I have a condition in which ADHD/ADD or similar symptoms are highly common, especially given that it's also the source of my tic disorder.

I tried something yesterday that incorporates some of these ideas. I've written down each step of this small portion of my project, and planned to switch off on sub-projects that are very different from each other, every 30 minutes.

I got more done in an hour and a half than I had the past week. And I'm still excited to keep going.
The real question is whether it will last. I think once I get to the point of making a video to share on Youtube I might have more sustained motivation.

I'll write down a solid system via which to approach a solid agenda, keeping this advice in mind.
I'm not 100% sure what you're talking about, but if you're referencing Tourette's...I've heard that 50% of people with Tourette's have either ADHD, OCD, or both. And that's just dandy because they make such a FUN Combination rolleyes I have both. And yick. But! But what I really wanted to say is
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
That sounds like you've made a lot of progress on your projects! I hope the techniques you're using continue to help you, and I hope you figure out exactly what works best for you. Yayyyyyy, Tuah!

Yeah, tics are shitty. I've read that 90% of people with Tourette's have ADHD/ADD. Technically tics aren't diagnosed as Tourette's if the cause is XXY chromosomes though. (I dislike using the term "Klinefelter's Syndrome".) It distinctly causes attention issues, and it appears that in a reversal of causality, I'm one of the unlucky ones to also have tics.

'course, I dont technically know -that- 100% until a week from Tuesday. Blegh.

As for attention, the real test is whether this will last until I complete something worthwhile. I'm almost at a major turning point with this project, and it's a rough speedbump ahead.
Hopefully they do give you the diagnosis of ADHD as it could help and if they do they might be able to offer more supportive options for you than just medication and what we have mentioned. One thing they can offer would be a specific form of social support that you might be able to do informally with a buddy if it does not apply so well. There are people called ADD coaches who help remind and talk to adults/teens with ADD so they finish working on stuff that they want to and need to do. Also school psychologists and neuropsychologists will likely have a long list of different strategies and offer therapies that you can use to help manage your problems. Although the medication for tics and attention deficit might seem neurologically opposite, attention is a complex cognitive process that can be disturbed through many different routes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff